NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

amiibo Touch & Play - Nintendo's Greatest Hits

I wasn't sure if this warranted its own thread but this app is available on the Wii U eshop right now and it's Free.

Its a simple app where you scan your amiibo's into it and are given a random 3 minute playable segment of a NES or SNES game. Once you scan an amiibo, the game it unlocks is tied to it.

So for example my Mario amiibo unlocked Zelda LttP and anytime I scan Mario it will allow me to play one of 9 possible scenes from that game only. With a different amiibo unlocking different games. It looks like there are 30 possible games to unlock:

Super Mario Bros.

Donkey Kong

The Legend of Zelda

Kirby's Adventure

Super Mario World

Excitebike

Balloon Fight

Yoshi

Punch-Out!!

Super Mario Bros. 2

F-Zero

Wario's Woods

Super Metroid

Kirby Super Star

Kirby's Dream Course

Dr. Mario

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Metroid

Super Mario Bros. 3

Kid Icarus

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Ice Climber

Mach Rider

Donkey Kong Jr.

Wrecking Crew

Super Mario Kart

Kirby's Dream Land 3

Clu Clu Land

Pinball

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

Edited by Helmsly

It's a cool idea tbf. Another nice little perk to having amiibo. I've only played about half of those games so looking forward to trying some others.

It would have been nice to try one of the few games from the list that I don't already have access to in some form but my Fox amiibo unlocked Kirby's Adventure whilst Captain Falcon gave access to A Link to the Past. Ah well :heh:

I guess this is as close as we can get to a SNES Remix title... I got Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid and Super Mario World unlocked. A cool little idea.

I was expecting Amiibo to release their games first. I got SMB

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Apparently you can erase game data and try again.

Sign in to follow this