NEurope
Dog-amoto

Gears of War: "Don't-call-it-a-Remaster" Ultimate Edition

The first gears game was the best by far

I can almost remember the layout of every multiplayer map

The first gears game was the best by far

I can almost remember the layout of every multiplayer map

Same here, had some excellent times with the N-E crew. Gears 3 was a better game, but by that point the series had gotten a little stale anyway.

I enjoyed the series; played through all three in coop, but I can't imagine I'll want to play any of them again for a while. I'd be interested to see what the remastered game looks like though, I don't remember the first one being too shabby to begin with...

Full whack I reckon, if they pack enough 'new' content in their I think £50 is likely, fans will probably dive in at that price.

Love th Gears series, but I hope we get a look at the new one as well as this!

Looks awesome. How much do people think this will sell for?

I think it will be a budget release. Probably around £30-35 region.

Love the Gears series, but I hope we get a look at the new one as well as this!

I think a trailer will be on the cards and that's about it. It will be their big game for next year and they will probably want to push Halo 5 for this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if this remaster comes with a beta for the new Gears though.

I hope there's a limited edition Gears console for this. I'll be jumping back into the world of Xbox One when this arrives and wouldn't mind having a special Gears machine.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't expect to see a new one this year, but I'd take a trailer just to see what sort of angle they are taking it down, whether it's Fenix related or not.

Halo 5 and this remaster would be a solid Xmas line up, although after MCC debacle I won't be going for Halo and I'll probably wait til this is cheaper to be honest, too many remasters for my liking!

Oh yeah, I wouldn't expect to see a new one this year, but I'd take a trailer just to see what sort of angle they are taking it down, whether it's Fenix related or not.

Halo 5 and this remaster would be a solid Xmas line up, although after MCC debacle I won't be going for Halo and I'll probably wait til this is cheaper to be honest, too many remasters for my liking!

I have no idea how they are gonna tackle the story. They could do something about the Pendulum Wars but then you wouldn't be fighting the Locust. I suppose a side story set between two of the games could work.

I'll be there day one for this bad boy. The first Gears had some amazing multiplayer maps, with Gridlock being my favourite. :bowdown:

I have no idea how they are gonna tackle the story. They could do something about the Pendulum Wars but then you wouldn't be fighting the Locust. I suppose a side story set between two of the games could work.

I'll be there day one for this bad boy. The first Gears had some amazing multiplayer maps, with Gridlock being my favourite. :bowdown:

To be fair, if they have any extra story missions, I'd probably get weak at the knees over it. I know it's not popular, but I did enjoy the lore of Gears and would enjoy an expanded journey through the first game.

As for the next game, indeed plenty to choose from from the Gears world, but indeed start taking the game too far away from what made it popular and could be a hard sell.

Did you play Judgement? With all its faults, I actually quite liked the optional challenges for each segment, wouldn't be adverse to seeing that again, however hopefully done in a more intuitive/natural way.

To be fair, if they have any extra story missions, I'd probably get weak at the knees over it. I know it's not popular, but I did enjoy the lore of Gears and would enjoy an expanded journey through the first game.

As for the next game, indeed plenty to choose from from the Gears world, but indeed start taking the game too far away from what made it popular and could be a hard sell.

Did you play Judgement? With all its faults, I actually quite liked the optional challenges for each segment, wouldn't be adverse to seeing that again, however hopefully done in a more intuitive/natural way.

I love the lore of the series. The books are fantastic and really flesh out the games. There's so many nods to them in the third game. The battle at Anvil gates would have seemed less significant without reading the back story to it.

They had better add the PC exclusive missions to this game. IIRC that version had a fight with a Brumak in it. I was gutted that I never got to play it. :(

Yeah, I enjoyed Judgment. The way they switched things up with the mission based structure was great. Plus, Baird has always been my favorite, so having him as the star was a welcome thing. :D

My brother and nephew will be buying a One again for this. Beers and Gears on a Friday was always a joy. I never drink but it was always hilarious watching my brother and his friends playing multiplayer while drunk. :)

The next thing is how far along do people think this is? I'm wondering if it's hey here is a preview of Gears of War fully next gen debut which will launch in March 2016 but BOOM here is remaster of GoW1 released today!

That would be a Nintendo Direct-esque move! Although I think they will get a bit of hype going for it and release it later in the year with Halo. I reckon Hero is right as well, they'll have a Gears console or something as well to get people familiar with the brand back on board the One train.

Gears 3 was the last game I stayed up til stupid o'clock playing with work the next day. When I lived in London and my mates back in Oxfordshire, four of us would do horde mode starting at 9 or so, and not be finished til 3am or so, getting to level 50 and then desperately trying to do that last level for the achievement, epic fights!

Who am I kidding, I'll be getting this remaster day one ;)

Wouldnt be E3 without MS getting stuff leaked. While itsays Gears 3, it looks to be a mistake and these are the details for the Gears 1 remake.

immagine6.jpg

Playing through the Beta this morning, already some people ridiculously good at this...(well, it is a remaster after all...)

Looks the absolute business, plays like classic Gears too, such a good game!

The remaster is coming to PC. They also hinted that there may be more Gears for PC news later on.

Playing through the Beta this morning, already some people ridiculously good at this...(well, it is a remaster after all...)

Looks the absolute business, plays like classic Gears too, such a good game!

Played some too having never played a Gears game before and boy oh boy I sucked.

Played some too having never played a Gears game before and boy oh boy I sucked.

The original Gears was very hardcore. It was all about the wall bouncing, the Gnasher and 2 piecing. Good times.

The original Gears was very hardcore. It was all about the wall bouncing, the Gnasher and 2 piecing. Good times.

Ok I asusme the Gnasher is a weapon...other than that I'm lost!

Ok I asusme the Gnasher is a weapon...other than that I'm lost!

Haha.

Yeah, the gnasher ( shotgun ) was king on the original Gears. You need to learn how to slide in and out of bits of cover ( wall bouncing ) to move across the maps quickly and dodge enemy fire. A 2 piece is when you melee an opponent with your shotgun ( stuns then ) and then instantly hit the trigger to blow them away.

Man, I miss Gears.

Haha.

Yeah, the gnasher ( shotgun ) was king on the original Gears. You need to learn how to slide in and out of bits of cover ( wall bouncing ) to move across the maps quickly and dodge enemy fire. A 2 piece is when you melee an opponent with your shotgun ( stuns then ) and then instantly hit the trigger to blow them away.

Man, I miss Gears.

Ok so I was playing it that completely wrong haha.

Totes considering getting this now that it's coming out on PC. Would love to co-op the story again, it was hot shit when it came out.