NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon Direct - 7th May

Call of Duty doesn't do that - unless they've started with Advanced Warfare. I've played every COD since Modern Warfare and I never got separated from friends I went into a game with.

CoD 4, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops did it. At least, it did on 360.

Crazy amount of post launch content on offer here.

All free though, thankfully

Must have been some crazy mode that I never bothered with because I always played with my mates in a group and we never got separated. The only time that happened was when they joined a match mid game and weren't actually part of the party.

Maybe somebody understood this better. I'm still confused:

With a future update you can have 4v4 matches with friends. 4 friends against 4 other friends was what the picture said if I remember correctly.

Does this mean: you get 3 friends and can only play against a team of 4 from your friends list, OR create a team of 4 players and play against a pre-made team from anywhere?

No they didn't. If you joined a friend mid battle you could end up on the opposite team. If you both partied up and went into a game you played together and were not separated unless one player left.

Looks like Nintendo are just as 'bad' as the rest then, eh? Releasing half finished games that are missing content that should be there. Maybe now there is some parity on that front we can expect to see less arguments? :heh:

Just kidding, there's no way that'll happen.

Looks like Nintendo are just as 'bad' as the rest then, eh? Releasing half finished games that are missing content that should be there. Maybe now there is some parity on that front we can expect to see less arguments? :heh:

But it's FREEEEEE :p

All looking good to me. :)

Kinda pissed that those additional mini-arcade games are locked to amiibo challenges though. :(

As for the demo, is it only going to be playable at those specific times on Saturday? Didn't really catch what was going on there. :wtf:

Not on the e shop yet , but that's ok becuase I am listening to that awesome f zero music :D

5b4b667002.png

CEaPqhmW0AAU-aj.jpg:large

I think I'm reading the Mii Fighter outfits for Smash are retailer exclusive in the US too? Sucks for them

Looks good, annoying that they are adding so many features after launch but sounds like all the free updates will be a nice touch, especially new maps every week.

Disappointed not to see any paid DLC yet, tho I guess they didn't want to confuse that with actually getting the game finished by August ;)

Inklings in Smash, technically, though :p
Those looked absolutely ridiculous, like something from one of those Chinese ripoff games. :heh:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=252395

The first Testfire event is scheduled for 8-9 p.m. Pacific time on Friday, May 8, with additional opportunities on Saturday, May 9, at both 4-5 a.m. and 12-1 p.m.

or

in BST May 9th 4am-5am, 12-1pm and 8-9pm, right??

So I guess there is 1 hour aimed at the US, 1 hour for JP and 1 hour for EU?? but you can take part in all 3 if you want to.

Edited by Pestneb

Looks like Nintendo are just as 'bad' as the rest then, eh? Releasing half finished games that are missing content that should be there.

Yeah I'm not happy with this either

So the demo is basically only active for three 1 hour sessions... Weird. :hmm:

So the demo is basically only active for three 1 hour sessions... Weird. :hmm:

It's more a stress test for their servers packaged up as a demo :p

It's more a stress test for their servers packaged up as a demo :p
And it'll certainly be stressed with such a limited time frame. :heh:

You would think that they would add a little singleplayer section to the demo.

I'll only be getting 2 hours of it... if that : / it would be nice if they offer up additional slots between saturday and launch

You would think that they would add a little singleplayer section to the demo.

maybe they will after the third stress test, they just want to make people think it is limited access to maximise the stress we put their servers under?

I must say, despite the crappy can't play with friends at first, the game looks amazing!

Watched the end of the direct and yeah, disappointed that the online won't be properly ready for launch.

Oh well, that's life. I'm interested but not sold...

586.6Mb for the download by the way guys - it is up on the eshop now