NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Star Ocean 5

Just been announced for PS3 and PS4.

Source: Gamespot

Square Enix's "secret" game, which the company started teasing last week, has been officially revealed. The Final Fantasy publisher on Tuesday announced Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, the fifth game in the main series. Kotaku and Siliconera have the first details for the game.

Star Ocean 5 is in development for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 at Star Ocean creator Tri-Ace. No release date has been announced, but a report in Weekly Famistu claims the game is about 30 percent finished.

In terms of story, Star Ocean 5 is set between Star Ocean 2 and Star Ocean 3, featuring Fidel Camus as its hero

For gameplay, "seamless real-time" battles are promised. Siliconera writes: "In addition to having plenty of event scenes like in past Star Ocean titles, there will be seamless events where enemies will attack you in the middle of some events. If party members get captured by enemies in these events, it can change the story and ending of the game."

The game's prologue, courtesy of Kotaku, reads:

Do the depths of space forbid peace for mankind

Centuries after leaving Earth, after a multitude of trials, with the creation and spread of the 'Galactic Federation,' humanity was on the verge of unified order and peace.

But the embers of conflict have begun to burn again.

Over 6,000 light years from Earth, on the unsettled planet, 'Feycreed.'

Just as so many times before, the waves of history begin from a remote planet.

Star Ocean 5 is the first entry in the series since 2009's Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

I'm utterly amazed really, Star Ocean 4 wasn't the best and with SE's track record of abandoning franchises (or moving to mobile) i just would never have guessed this

I'm reeling from this! hope they get a "good" story (as far as jrpg's go)

Ive never played a Star Ocean game before but I always thought they looked interesting so I think I'll give this a go.

Thank god they didn't retain the creepy doll character models of Star Ocean 4, I hated those, apart from that a good game if not great. Let's see where this one goes.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/star-ocean-5-producer-something-not-right-star-ocean-4

I feel like I've been reading more and more interviews like this lately where Japanese developers have been starting to realise that they dont have to Western-ise their games to have them work over here and its nice to see. I play plenty of Western style games already, sometimes I just need some weird-ass Japanese games!

The Game Collection have dispatched my copy this morning, I was expecting this much later but it doesn't matter because I won't be able to play it til Saturday at the earliest if I leave Atelier Sophie for later.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Yeah they dispatched my copy this morning as well. Don't seem myself playing it for a while though with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and Dragon Quest Heroes going at the same time.

Simply Games shipped my copy yesterday. Not sure when I'll get around to playing it but I'm looking forward to cracking on with it.

People seem to be a bit disappointed that its only a 20 odd hour game but that sounds like a good amount for me at the moment. I dont really have time to go through yet another 50+ hour game. Shame though that it seems to be a bit lacking in the cutscene department compared to previous games.

Yeah, I see it's getting mediocre review scores so far which is disappointing.

I thought it was well known that this was average? It got average reviews in Japan and it also bombed over there.

The reviews and performance over there didn't matter to me as I still liked the look of it.