NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Poor Customer Service Experiences

I could almost cry right now at how bad XDP have been trying to deliver an elliptical trainer to our flat.

Everything was fine ordering the item, but as soon as the item has arrived at their depot it has been one joke after another.

Apparently they attempted delivery on the 8th. By attempted, they claimed that they couldn't find our flat...which is clearly signposted outside our building. They've claimed that they've left a card stating delivery was unable to commence...how can you do that if you can't find our flat, arsehole?

Their customer service is a joke. They have the one solitary phone number that you ring but there's nobody there to answer. You go through a pattern of ringing, going through an automated service, not getting through, voicemail, back to automated service, etc. It has taken me around 40 minutes to an hour and a half each time I've tried to contact them.

I've contacted the original supplier and they've not really been useful either. We were told on Friday by XDP that the item would be rescheduled for Monday. Fine, some joy at last.

Nah. The item apparently got sent out at today at 8, scheduled for a delivery between 2 and 5pm...but it actually got sent back to the depot at 11 and is now in transit back to the supplier because it's been sent out for delivery already. Yes. They sent it out for delivery...then changed their mind when it was actually out there and sent it back. I've never known that to happen.

Ine and I are currently emailing everybody involved and we're hoping to sort it out soon, but what a clusterfuck. Worse than CityLink.

Any of you guys had any terrible experiences?

How can they claim to not be able to find your flat but also say they left a card lol. Did they just leave it in a bush somewhere?

I've never had anything like that happen to me thankfully. Hope you get it sorted soon!

Vaguely similar (delivery service wise)

Ordered some powerline network plugs from Amazon, with prime they had next day delivery so i took a free trial

They apparently delivered, but as nobody was in they left it at number 108 (i live at 112)

seem fine, only the road i live on is weird - the house numbers go 1 to 48, then there is a pub, then there was fields (new houses but its its own estate with none holding an address on my road) then the next house is 110.....Yes no 108

Now there is a side street, so i assumed they'd thought the first house in there was 108 (google maps puts an arrow there when you search for 108)...nope they'd not had anything, neither was anything found on their property.

Amazon were pretty "good" they replaced the item the next day, but their investigation got no answer on where the parcel was actually delivered to, but they gave me a months free prime*

Recently i had a similar thing with ebuyer, bought some RAM and a Solid State HDD, put my parents address as the shipping address as they would be in and got next day delivery....They sent it to the billing address, after calling customer service they blamed it on me paying with paypal, and that having a second address entry screen, telling my to check more clearly when ordering.......Lying out of their arse, i went through the checkout process again to check and it doesn't at all, they are just incompetent

*they never gave me the free month of prime, and when i emailed about it i was told it was a mistake and they can't give free months

As for your situation........If they've left a card? where? seriously where? if you can't find an address you can't leave a card

Where did they leave that slip, hanging on a lampost?. Seriously, unable to deliver because they can't find the flat. But leave an attempted delivery note at the flat. That makes no sense. Just as the whole item returned to the supplier because they couldn't be bothered to deliver it.

Hopefully you get it sorted, because this sounds like one f**ked up company. Rather get it delivered by City Link (if they were still there)

Any of you guys had any terrible experiences?

Gamestop UK. Absolutely no idea how the largest video games company in the world has a the shittest UK/Ireland website and customer service.

- They don't respond for months or not at all in most cases to e-mails

- Their phone number never reaches a person. You leave a message and they say they'll call back, but they never do.

- They let you preorder something with PayPal, only for the order to become cancelled months later since you can only hold preorders with PayPal for so long. Yet they never tell you that, and let you place preorders with them.

Easily the worst place to ever order games from.

Great timing, I was looking for he bad stuff thread.

BT and BT OpenReach are an absolute joke. Here's a brief timeline of events:

- Mid March: Sign up for TV and Broadband Infinity

- April 1st: Broadband/TV installed and ready to go for me moving

- April 3rd: It doesn't work, phone support and arrange for them to come on Thursday 9th April

- April 7th: Engineer phones and asks if I'm in as he's in the area and can fix it now. He can't fix it due to my line going through the next door flat. Asked me to arrange an engineer visit for when neighbour is in. I book for Friday 10th.

- Friday 10th: Same engineer phones and asks if neighbour is in, she isn't, so he speaks to manager and gets approval for a Saturday visit between 8am and 3pm. Says someone (not him) will definitely be there.

- Saturday 11th: No one turns up. 45 minutes on the phone to customer services and they say they have no record of it. Eventually tell me someone will turn up before 6pm or by 11am on Sunday 12th.

- Sunday 12th: Guess what, no one turns up. Another 45 minutes on the phone and I book an appointment for Wednesday 15th even though my neighbour won't be in. Make an official complaint.

- Monday 13th: BT Fault tracking has no record of engineer appointment so I phone up. 20 minutes later I find out the case has been closed. Manage to get an appointment for Thursday 16th. Make another complaint. Phone the engineer directly and he is currently trying to find out what is going on. He couldn't believe it didn't get sorted over the weekend.

Total Time spent on phone: 1 hour 50 minutes and still no resolution with no end in sight unless the engineer comes through for me.

It's been an absolute farce. Constantly being lied to by their phone support, engineers not turning up. I can't even cancel because it would be the same farce with any provider as they need BT OpenReach to fix the line.

How can they claim to not be able to find your flat but also say they left a card lol. Did they just leave it in a bush somewhere?

As for your situation........If they've left a card? where? seriously where? if you can't find an address you can't leave a card

Where did they leave that slip, hanging on a lampost?. Seriously, unable to deliver because they can't find the flat. But leave an attempted delivery note at the flat. That makes no sense. Just as the whole item returned to the supplier because they couldn't be bothered to deliver it.

Hopefully you get it sorted, because this sounds like one f**ked up company. Rather get it delivered by City Link (if they were still there)

They didn't leave a card at all. But, on their tracking information history and when I spoke to customer services, both say that a card was left as "nobody was home". They're not the only company to pull that shit, CityLink tried it before.

We've contacted the supplier and they're in the process of sorting it out. Seriously pissed off by it all. If there's no resolution to this by tomorrow, we'll probably cancel this and look elsewhere. I don't understand how companies expect to get away with this sort of stuff.

Gamestop UK. Absolutely no idea how the largest video games company in the world has a the shittest UK/Ireland website and customer service.

- They don't respond for months or not at all in most cases to e-mails

- Their phone number never reaches a person. You leave a message and they say they'll call back, but they never do.

- They let you preorder something with PayPal, only for the order to become cancelled months later since you can only hold preorders with PayPal for so long. Yet they never tell you that, and let you place preorders with them.

Easily the worst place to ever order games from.

I do recall somebody on here mentioning that Gamestop were pretty shit.

- April 3rd: It doesn't work, phone support and arrange for them to come on Thursday 9th April

- April 7th: Engineer phones and asks if I'm in as he's in the area and can fix it now. He can't fix it due to my line going through the next door flat. Asked me to arrange an engineer visit for when neighbour is in. I book for Friday 10th.

- Friday 10th: Same engineer phones and asks if neighbour is in, she isn't, so he speaks to manager and gets approval for a Saturday visit between 8am and 3pm. Says someone (not him) will definitely be there.

- Saturday 11th: No one turns up. 45 minutes on the phone to customer services and they say they have no record of it. Eventually tell me someone will turn up before 6pm or by 11am on Sunday 12th.

- Sunday 12th: Guess what, no one turns up. Another 45 minutes on the phone and I book an appointment for Wednesday 15th even though my neighbour won't be in. Make an official complaint.

- Monday 13th: BT Fault tracking has no record of engineer appointment so I phone up. 20 minutes later I find out the case has been closed. Manage to get an appointment for Thursday 16th. Make another complaint. Phone the engineer directly and he is currently trying to find out what is going on. He couldn't believe it didn't get sorted over the weekend.

Total Time spent on phone: 1 hour 50 minutes and still no resolution with no end in sight unless the engineer comes through for me.

It's been an absolute farce. Constantly being lied to by their phone support, engineers not turning up. I can't even cancel because it would be the same farce with any provider as they need BT OpenReach to fix the line.

That sounds awful, brah. Hope it works out for you. It's the lies I don't like and the broken promises. If they set a date, they should be there on that date. Nothing I hate more than shitty customer service.

I used Interlink once or twice (not by choice) and they are dreadful. They kept trying to deliver to my empty flat even though I was at work and wouldn't be in. The only options were to rearrange to a different date (all of which I would be at work), pay extra to get it delivered at a more specific time (during which I'd be at work), send it to the depot (which I then wouldn't be able to get to as I have no car and during the hours the depot is open I'm......at work) . Lastly they offer the option of leaving it with neighbours, which I selected, but for four days in a row (credit to them, they were persistent) they said none of my neighbours were in. Then they would helpfully email me a photo of my front door as proof that they had been there. Bollocks.

I used Interlink once or twice (not by choice) and they are dreadful. They kept trying to deliver to my empty flat even though I was at work and wouldn't be in. The only options were to rearrange to a different date (all of which I would be at work), pay extra to get it delivered at a more specific time (during which I'd be at work), send it to the depot (which I then wouldn't be able to get to as I have no car and during the hours the depot is open I'm......at work) . Lastly they offer the option of leaving it with neighbours, which I selected, but for four days in a row (credit to them, they were persistent) they said none of my neighbours were in. Then they would helpfully email me a photo of my front door as proof that they had been there. Bollocks.

Get it delivered to work?

I don't see what else they would've done, if your neighbours are out then where are they meant to leave it?

I represent a certain national courier (not the one you used) and defend claims made against them.

If you have any further problems check their T&Cs or let me look at them and I could help.

Get it delivered to work?

I don't see what else they would've done, if your neighbours are out then where are they meant to leave it?

Well for one I seriously doubt that they rang any of the neighbours doorbells. I live in a block of six flats, SOMEONE must have been in on one of the days! I can't get it delivered at work as I can't get large things home easily on my bike.

Everyone should just use the damn Royal Mail! Remember how it used to be before they sold the Royal Mail off? You could just pick stuff up from the post office! Perfect!

Edit: Also, I would have got it sent to work, but changing the address isn't one of the options, so once I'd put my home, I was stuck just trying the neighbours constantly.

I represent a certain national courier (not the one you used) and defend claims made against them.

If you have any further problems check their T&Cs or let me look at them and I could help.

Thank you, I'll call on you if I need you. :D

I've got a banging headache, can't wait for this shite to be sorted out.

My local CEX are arseholes.

I went to buy Kingdom Hearts 2.5 from them and I took it to the counter. The man scoffed and said really snotty "Why are you buying kids' games for?" and I said "Well, I was going to pay £25 for this 'kids' game' but I think I've suddenly outgrown it" and left it on the counter and walked out.

I went to the one I usually go to (it's about a 20 minute drive but the service is absolutely amazing and they really go out of their way and it really is worth the drive). I bought it from there and told them what happened. They were surprised and said "This game is a full-on masterpiece, they obviously don't know art" and I was like "Yeah, it's brilliant" and we had a good conversation about it.

Two totally different experiences from two shops. I made a complaint to the site about the man in my local one and put a glowing compliment about the other one.

...and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 looks sexy!

*they never gave me the free month of prime, and when i emailed about it i was told it was a mistake and they can't give free months

Bullshit. Go to live chat and they give you a free month for almost any reason. Mine's been extended for 5 months already because next day deliveries didn't show up next day.

I've had 2 free extra months of Prime now, just by complaining about a couple of things that didn't arrive next day (I have a cheap Prime deal due to previously being a student).

Bullshit. Go to live chat and they give you a free month for almost any reason. Mine's been extended for 5 months already because next day deliveries didn't show up next day.

I've had 2 free extra months of Prime now, just by complaining about a couple of things that didn't arrive next day (I have a cheap Prime deal due to previously being a student).

I expected it was bullshit but by that point i really couldn't be bothered with the crappy service ::shrug:

The headache continues. The item has been sent back to the supplier now, as XDP are idiots. We now have to wait for them to get the item back to either get a refund or have them send the item again (though I doubt it would get here before Friday, which is the last day someone will be home to take delivery).

Basically this item was ordered through Amazon but is being supplied by another seller (Amazon didn't have any stock at the time). I have now noticed that Amazon have it in stock again, for about £30 less than what I paid. So I am not sure what to do right now. Do I ask for a refund and order it through Amazon (but then again delivery might be an issue), or do I just get them to hopefully redeliver it in time? Would I be able to ask them for a £30 compensation or something, or is that not done?

This has been so much hassle and stress, it's such a pain. :(

The headache continues. The item has been sent back to the supplier now, as XDP are idiots. We now have to wait for them to get the item back to either get a refund or have them send the item again (though I doubt it would get here before Friday, which is the last day someone will be home to take delivery).

Basically this item was ordered through Amazon but is being supplied by another seller (Amazon didn't have any stock at the time). I have now noticed that Amazon have it in stock again, for about £30 less than what I paid. So I am not sure what to do right now. Do I ask for a refund and order it through Amazon (but then again delivery might be an issue), or do I just get them to hopefully redeliver it in time? Would I be able to ask them for a £30 compensation or something, or is that not done?

This has been so much hassle and stress, it's such a pain. :(

Cancel it, you're completely within your rights and will get a full refund. If the seller gives you any grief at all file an A-to-Z complaint and Amazon will side with you almost immediately. Then order it again through Amazon directly.

My saga with BT continues too. They've now told me they don't need access to my property or next door which I think is complete rubbish because the engineer said they do. They've said it will be fixed by 5pm tomorrow. In the meantime, i've signed up to TalkTalk and explained the situation. They're going to install a new line FOC and give me their services on the 28th of April. BT have until the day before to get it working or I'll cancel with them. If they do get it working I can cancel talktalk FOC.

BT engineer literally just called me and said she'll be there soon to fix it and will call when she's done...

Edited by Charlie

BT engineer literally just called me and said she'll be there soon to fix it and will call when she's done...

A WOMAN ENGINEER?!

shocked.gif

Times-a-changing.

Cancel it, you're completely within your rights and will get a full refund. If the seller gives you any grief at all file an A-to-Z complaint and Amazon will side with you almost immediately. Then order it again through Amazon directly.

My saga with BT continues too. They've now told me they don't need access to my property or next door which I think is complete rubbish because the engineer said they do. They've said it will be fixed by 5pm tomorrow. In the meantime, i've signed up to TalkTalk and explained the situation. They're going to install a new line FOC and give me their services on the 28th of April. BT have until the day before to get it working or I'll cancel with them. If they do get it working I can cancel talktalk FOC.

Lol, you signed up to talk talk, they are the worst!

You got lucky there! I once was put on hold for 5 hours trying to get through to them to fix a problem with my line!!

Last time we had problems with our broadband/telephone line it took us about 1.5 months of constant fighting with lying phone support people who were running off a script, incompetent engineers who had no idea what they were doing and constant battling to get ANYONE from Openreach to actually come and take a look at the bloody problem!! :mad:

Dealing with anything BT line related is a total nightmare from hell!

Talk Talk? jesus you'd have a better service using carrier pigeon for your internet

Well right now they've given me an install date sooner than BT could.

had another call from BT this morning and they're trying to book a Saturday appointment for me. If they come and manage to fix it I doubt my internet will even work as I've cancelled that service now. Not going to tell the engineer this though as I want to get it sorted regardless.

Well right now they've given me an install date sooner than BT could.

had another call from BT this morning and they're trying to book a Saturday appointment for me. If they come and manage to fix it I doubt my internet will even work as I've cancelled that service now. Not going to tell the engineer this though as I want to get it sorted regardless.

They've still not sorted it? good lord thats just abysmal

They've still not sorted it? good lord thats just abysmal

Nope an engineer turned up yesterday, spent an hour playing with the lines outside and then told me exactly the same thing as the engineer did last week.

I told her what the issue was before she even started working but she obviously didn't believe me.