NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter Stories (3DS 2016)

So I just found all 100 Poogies, had to look up a guide or the last 10-ish. The game's too big.

Spoiler

WVW69kp0k1Ay8J2MPT                             WVW69kp0dPsZwRhNRU

WVW69kp0kCgcx2LiIF

Yeah, it's hilarious, and surprisingly strong!

Great review, @Dcubed. It's criminal that many are going to overlook this due to the arrival of the Switch. What's also criminal is the lack of time i've put into the game. I barely scratched the surface of the game before I got dragged away by something else. I really need to get back to it. Too many games, so little time. :( 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Too many games, so little time. :( 

That's why it took me so long to get it out :p 

But yeah, it's brill!

Next batch of DLC is out. A 5 star quest and a Gold level Tournament based around MonHun Generations.

The Gold Tournament says you get an Armour set, but I ended up getting a Glavenus Great Sword instead... Guess not even this game is safe from Capcpom.

• Haha 2

Funny.  Me and @Glen-i were literally chatting about the Zelda DLC just the other day.

They're still spying on us!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

WVW69kqoJLQZZKBRGc

Die, Epona, Die!

Had a chance to play around with the new DLC. Here's a little rundown on what I've found.

Spoiler

Obviously the Zelda stuff. Including titles, background, stickers, etc.

There's a 5 star quest for the Majora's Mask outfit for Navirou and a 7 star quest for a Molten Tigrex egg (That's a new Monstie as well).

Two Gold level tournaments which each get you the Hero's Armour and an Epona Egg. (Because horses come from eggs apparently...)

A battle rule set that gets participants the item needed to get the Master Sword. (If anyone here wants it, I'm happy to let people win against me to get that stuff. You need to win 7 matches to get it maxed. So if anyone wants, I'll happily be people's whipping boy.)

• Like 2

This game has been steadily getting DLC quests since it came out. But the latest added a completely new monster for the MonHun Series!

latest?cb=20160916082718

It's called Kuranei Goukami

You need to beat a pretty difficult Platinum Tournament to get it. But I've already snapped mine up.

Edited by Glen-i

Shame that Capcom have shoved this on mobile devices. What's baffling is that the first games was on the 3DS/Nintendo hardware and then they go and make this but don't put it on Switch, which would be more than capable of running the thing. Capcom has been killing it on the other consoles but their Switch support continues to disappoint. :nono:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well there you have it: coming to Switch, PS4 and PC this summer! 

Well that's unexpected! Nice to see the OG MHS get a new lease of life :)

TBH though there isn't much that this game does that its sequel doesn't do as well.  The second game was kind of more of the same, so there isn't a massive amount to separate the two games now.

Edit: Ahh.  Just realised that since it's a multiplatform release, it's probably not gonna have the cross-over Zelda DLC that the original game got.  That'd be a real shame...

... also, I wonder if it'll retain the original game's Amiibo functionality? (The original MHS Amiibo were only ever released in Japan)

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this