NEurope
Cube

LEGO Dimensions (NFC Figures)

Maybe he'll be like the Yeti Minifigure where the head is combined with a moulded body piece, complete with back spikes and a little pot-belly that'll slide down over the standard torso.

A standard moulded head with spikes attached via the neck would also be cool since it'd allow him additional articulation. Plus a piece like that might appeal to customisers.

Would like them to address his skinny arms and legs but that's probably too much to ask for. Since LEGO made a Minifigure of Mr. Burns with the same proportions as a standard adult, I'm sure we won't get anything too special for Sanic.

Edited by Guy

Ckgut_oWEAE0_vd.jpg:small

...LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER?!

(Please give me a Frank Honey minifig...)

I'm so in. Totally aiming for a complete collection this year, too.

Edited by FireMeowth

So let me get this straight...

Traveller's Tales...

Travellerstales19902006_Logo.jpg

Who made... (in 1996)

box_front.jpg

Then went on to become...

Ttgames.jpg

Who have been making Lego games since 2005

250px-Legostarwarsthevideogame.jpg

Are now putting Sonic in Lego Dimensions?

6916ld3_thumb.jpg

I guess everything does come full circle! :heh:

They also made the wonderful Sonic R.

This is true. :)

I do actually like Traveller's Tales a fair amount, Sonic R is amazing plus despite my initial reluctance towards Sonic 3D it's actually enjoyable in parts, especially if we're talking about the Saturn version which had the superior Special Stage. :D

I can't help but wonder how this Lego Sonic stage will turn out though but I probably won't buy it on principle as I don't really want to puy into Lego Dimensions but I will watch it from afar which I hope for another main Sonic game to come out on whichever format so long as it's good. : peace:

Can you feel the Sunshine? Does it brighten up your day? Don't you feel that sometimes you just need to run away?

Never would've thought Sonic would beat Mario and/or Link getting a Lego minifigure

Sorry to bump this thread but the game has piqued my interest and looks like a good co-op Christmas game to play during time off.

What is it actually like? And do you need all of the figurines in order to play all of the modes or are they not necessary?

There's some franchises that I have zero interest in with it (Dr. Who etc), so will this affect me enjoying the game?

Also, is it a lot of Lego? Like will I need space for it all?

Thanks! :)

What is it actually like? And do you need all of the figurines in order to play all of the modes or are they not necessary?

There are a few different kinds of content:

- Main story. This is a decent length, it goes through various franchises but they're not in them for too long. Some of the optional collectables will require abilities that characters have (so you need a big bunch of characters to collect everything).

- Extra story packs. Currently Ghostbusters Reboot and Fantastic Beasts. New multi-level story modes based on the films (note: you can still use any characters in the story and level packs)

- Level packs. Shorter levels (a few hours long). Mainly only has stuff from that franchise.

- Adventure Worlds. Small open-world areas with collectables and some quests. Every franchise has one and you'll need a single character from a franchise to enter it.

- Battle Arena. 4-player multiplater mode with stuff like capture the flag. Needs a single "Year 2" character to access.

As for the amount of LEGO, apart from the base, it's mainly individual characters and small vehicles. Less space than Amiibo.

I've got the starter set, Doctor Who Level pack, Doctor Who fun pack, Portal 2 level pack and Sonic level pack.

It's worth pointing out that the game is currently £35 at Argos with a free fun pack.

I need the Sonic, ET and Gremlins sets for sure.

Why does the Sonic Minifigure have a grey stomach though?

Today's two new releases (Harry Potter - Hermoine, Lego City - Chase McCain) are included in Sainsbury's buy one get one free. So that's £13 for both of them.

Well it seems that probably everybody knew this other than me, it's now almost certain that Lego Dimensions has been cancelled.

Yes, everything in that article is based on the site talking to an unnamed source but it's looking fairly water tight. The total Gold Brick count dropped in a recent update and more obviously some ? circles in the World portal disappeared. The fourth Year 2 Story Pack was supposed to The Lego Ninjago Movie, which is likely to instead now be expanded into a full game. Additionally the team at TT Games who'd been working on Dimensions were said to be moving onto a sequel to a game from a few years ago. Which today is revealed as Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.

It also seems like there was supposed to be a PowerPuff Girls Level Pack coming out as it was mentioned in an update on the Xbox version, but instead it's been downgraded to a Team Pack.

This is a massive shame for me as it's been a great way to get 'games' based on franchises that wouldn't be popular enough to have a full game. I mean, who would have thought we'd have got a Michael Knight minifigure! Or even a Beetlejuice one.

Lego Dimensions has been the only Toys-to-Life game that I've really like. It's mixture of different franchises and humour for all ages made it so enjoyable.

In hindsight I guess Nintendo took the right approach with amiibo. They've outlasted Disney Infinity, Skylanders and Lego Dimensions. Still, I would love to see more games built around amiibo, just like that Mario vs Donkey Kong game on the Wii U.

• Thanks 1

Lego dimensions was just too expensive for what you got, from a lego collector stand point the packs were light on items, from a digital content point of view a lot were light on content and the game practically forced you to buy figures by locking their abilities.

It really should have had a cheaper option, a dlc only or just mini figure only packs and disks for vehicles (some were silly like a camera for the Gremlins?)

all packs should really have been 1/3 cheaper to be viable, still kudos for going as long as it is