NEurope
Cube

LEGO Dimensions (NFC Figures)

They've confirmed that the bases are detachable. So the minifigures are proper minifigures. It also means that you can just use the disc bases.

I hope they have a Lego bottom, too, so you can stack them.

Though it's a real missed opportunity that you can't actually build things with NFC Lego bricks IRL and then have them actually come to life in the game itself... Always thought that would be an amazing use for NFC...

It's not NFC, but Lego have been experimenting with this for a while now, most recently with Lego Fusion. I think it's a fairly safe bet we'll get some sort of game in the future where what you build directly relates brick-for-brick to what's in the game, but the tech's not quite there yet, or at least not at a sensible price.

ha I love that he uses a PKE meter in the extended trailer. I'll be very interested to see what Ghostbusters related stuff they do with this game, hopefully the ghostbusters will get their own playset too. I also love the Back to the Future stuff, and they even have Hill Valley for you to explore.

These look cool, but the prices are insane. People were complaining about the price of Amiibo - which afterall work with more than one game. But these are crazy expensive and only work with one game.

These look cool, but the prices are insane. People were complaining about the price of Amiibo - which afterall work with more than one game. But these are crazy expensive and only work with one game.

Really though? I thought you could only hold data for one game at a time per Amiibo? Also yet to see a game that really uses them in a way people want...The whole toys to life thing is put a toy on a portal and that character appears on screen...I didn't think Amiibo worked like that.

fuck Ghostbusters and Simpsons......god damn it why? WHY? now i'm being forced into this! talk about raping fan bases with these prices

Really though? I thought you could only hold data for one game at a time per Amiibo? Also yet to see a game that really uses them in a way people want...The whole toys to life thing is put a toy on a portal and that character appears on screen...I didn't think Amiibo worked like that.

But not many games HOLD data, most of it is reading data. So they do all work with more than one game.

As for using them in a way people want, I thought people were really happy with their usage, and if sales are anything to go by, seems people do want them.

I've invested a fair bit into infinity, and personally, this method of paying for the figures for game content I feel is far far more disgusting than anything amiibo is doing. The pricing, paying for characters and levels etc Crazy to me!

But not many games HOLD data, most of it is reading data. So they do all work with more than one game.

As for using them in a way people want, I thought people were really happy with their usage, and if sales are anything to go by, seems people do want them.

I've invested a fair bit into infinity, and personally, this method of paying for the figures for game content I feel is far far more disgusting than anything amiibo is doing. The pricing, paying for characters and levels etc Crazy to me!

That was my point really.

When Amiibo unlocks something minor in a game, or new Amiibo released for a new game, there's always another giant shit storm and the usual Nintendo-haters get involved.

All I was saying is that Lego Dimensions is far more expensive than Amiibo, far more limited in the usage of the sets and far more is locked away behond expensive sets - yet all the usual suspects seem quiet on this.

NOTE: I have nothing against Lego Dimensions and think it looks cool (but very expensive), I was just wondering where the usual suspects were on this - afterall, there's loads of expensive day one DLC right there on the disk that can't be accessed without a figure set that is only compatible with one game!

What are you doing? You can't say that.

This game and it's peripherals are a rip-off. There, happy now? :heh:

Hmmm I'd have to read up on what amiibo' actually offer. I think disgusting is a bit extreme...for example you pay $15 for two lego pieces essentially opening up two pieces of DLC plus the fact you get the actual "toy" itself when compared to say map packs for COD, or say MK X's recent character packs the pricing isn't that bad. The argument could be made that you get way more hours of our a map pack but I'd wager plenty of kids will get tons of hours out of their favourite character packs.

Brickset are reporting that the instructions for the Back to the Future set are now online. They feature pictures of unannounced forthcoming sets including Jurassic World, Scooby Doo, Portal 2, Simpsons and Doctor Who packs.

Damn. I'm going to have to buy some of those level packs, even if I don't have the game.

New trailer

Get ready to build, rebuild… and rebuild again with LEGO Dimensions! Unlock the unique powers and abilities with characters, vehicles, and gadgets from Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons, Doctor Who, Ghostbuster, Portal, Jurassic World, Midway Arcade, LEGO Chima, DC Comics, Back to the Future, Wizard of Oz, and Ninjago!

YES!

My poor wallet

You think you have it bad? I'm aiming for a complete amiibo, Skylanders and LEGO Dimensions collection! :shakehead

Thank God the awful artstyle made me stay away from Disney Infinity... I'm normally a huge Disney fan as well!

You think you have it bad? I'm aiming for a complete amiibo, Skylanders and LEGO Dimensions collection! :shakehead

Thank God the awful artstyle made me stay away from Disney Infinity... I'm normally a huge Disney fan as well!

Mother of god. You're insane, sir.

It can't help that the four Skylanders Amiibo are all locked behind different versions of the game.

I really want this, but it's just so expensive.