NEurope
Cube

LEGO Dimensions (NFC Figures)

Scary thing is, this might be the best Doctor Who game we've ever had.

Wouldn't doubt it. Most licensed LEGO games are among the best games from their respective franchises, I'd say. :)

Edited by FireMeowth

Ghostbuster sets revealed plus new trailer:

1372171209370095655.jpg

lego_ghostbusters_image.jpg1372171209497409575.jpg1372171209569694503.jpg

1372171209639820071.jpg1372171209680676391.jpg1372171209820277543.jpg

Ok I think I'm out...I have the back to the future sets preordered and the doctor who and now this...it's just gonna cost too much to keep up. I was already at two minds with the portal and game set racking in at $109.99 that'll be half price before you know it and then maybe I'll jump...question is though are the sets going to be like amiibos and hard to find or like Disney Infinity and consistently restocked.

A list of future Dimensions set numbers and placeholder names has been found on the Brickset forums.

71242 GB 1

71243 HP 1

71244 S1

71245 AT 1

71246 AT 2

71247 HP 2

71248 MI

71249 AT 3

71250 GB 2

71251 Mr T

71252 KR

71253 FB 1

71254 TTG 1

71255 TTG 2

71256 GR 1

71257 FB 2

71258 ET 1

GB could be more Ghostbusters, HP is likely to be Harry Potter. Mr T would suggest AT is A Team, although Adventure Time is also possible? Teen Titans Go? Knight Rider? Someone suggested Monkey Island for MI which would be amazing although unlikely. Any guesses?

Team Titans Go is a Warner Bros production, so it makes sense that they could use the game to promote it. Knight Rider hits with the "80s nostalgia" along with A-Team. Same with ET.

FB is possibly Fantastic Beasts and Where to find Them.

So, anyone else bought tons of LEGO today?

Here's my day 1 haul:

ARZaQjH.jpg

Missing four packs - the Back to the Future Level Pack, both Team Packs (Jurassic World and Scooby-Doo) and the Legolas Fun Pack, but I'll trawl all the stores in the city tomorrow to find them. :yay:

Looking at the receipt, I paid just below 3000 NOK.

...I was a bit afraid to check, but considering how insanely expensive everything is in Norway, that's still far below my expectations, heh...

Anyone want to lend figures out so we can get all the content and then return safely?

I will be getting bttf, doctor who and simpsons

I got the game on Tuesday and have the three level packs on the way. Will probably pick up the two team packs as well and then wait and see if we get a 3 for 2 on the individual characters at some point. If not then they'll be handy for getting the freebies or making up postage at the lego store.

Only had chance to play the first level so far, mainly due to a massive update that took about an hour to download, and then the initial construction to get done. Pretty typical lego gameplay, so whether the game's worth it depends on whether you want the physical lego and how much you enjoy the novelty of seeing the mixed up franchises. One thing I didn't realise is that there's a seperate world to explore for each franchise with its own challenges. Had a quick play with the Lord of the Rings one and it looked pretty good. There has already been quite a bit of character gating, but that's to be expected with these games.

@Sméagol The figures and vehicles etc. are just standard lego, with the nfc in a little plastic disc you attach to the bottom once you've built them.

Ah, that's pretty good. If they weren't, I would not see the point.

Edit:

I'll probably get the Portal and Dr. Who packs eventually.. But not sure if I'll ever bother with the game itself (like Disney Infinity).

Edited by Sméagol

The game is actually pretty good it feels like there's more of a game there than Skylanders.

Considering the base looks so much like a Stargate I need a Stargate level pack. Not that it'll ever happen. Would have been so much better if Nintendo had done a deal with TT Games to have a Dimensions figure which was an amiibo rather than a Skylander.

Picked up the Back to the Future Level Pack, Jurassic World Team Pack and Legolas Fun Pack today. Only missing the Scooby-Doo Team Pack, which can't be found anywhere... Apparently there were some issues with the shipment, so no stores in the country have them yet. Guess I'll have to be patient...

Picked up the Back to the Future Level Pack, Jurassic World Team Pack and Legolas Fun Pack today. Only missing the Scooby-Doo Team Pack, which can't be found anywhere... Apparently there were some issues with the shipment, so no stores in the country have them yet. Guess I'll have to be patient...

I think we have quite a few Scooby Doo ones at the Tesco I work at, what does it have in it?

EDIT: if it's the one which has Shaggy, Scooby, a Scooby Snack and something else, then we have 7.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

My resistance is breaking...

The Doctor Who pack looks amazing

What's the point in the fun pack & team packs? Just give characters?

Edited by Serebii

What's the point in the fun pack & team packs? Just give characters?

Basically, yeah.

You'll need a character from each franchise to access all the ingame content, though, as each character gives you access to the world hub based on their respective franchises.

So if you want to see all the content the game has to offer, you'd need all six Level Packs, both of the wave 1 Team Packs (Jurassic World & Scooby-Doo) plus the Wicked Witch (The Wizard of Oz), a Ninjago and a Chima Fun pack.

Edited by FireMeowth

Basically, yeah.

You'll need a character from each franchise to access all the ingame content, though, as each character gives you access to the world hub based on their respective franchises.

So if you want to see all the content the game has to offer, you'd need all six Level Packs, both of the wave 1 Team Packs (Jurassic World & Scooby-Doo) plus the Wicked Witch (The Wizard of Oz), a Ninjago and a Chima Fun pack.

Yergh.

Doctor Who is luring me into it, but I wanted to avoid Fun/Team Packs :/

So there's like a Scooby Doo hub world too? But I'd need Scooby for that?

Yeah, Scooby or Shaggy will unlock the Scooby-Doo world, but both of them are only available through the Team Pack, so that's your only option in that scenario.

Yeah, Scooby or Shaggy will unlock the Scooby-Doo world, but both of them are only available through the Team Pack, so that's your only option in that scenario.

Christmas lists it is :p

How big are the hub worlds?

Edited by Serebii