NEurope
Cube

LEGO Dimensions (NFC Figures)

3rQIaK9.jpg

Looks like LEGO are doing their own Disney Infinity.

I do really like how the portal has to be built.

I'm guessing that some licences won't get in, though. Lord of the Rings and DC are both Warner Bros.

Edit: Some information

When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO® worlds, different characters from DC Comics™, Lord of the Rings™ and the LEGO® Movie are swept away. To save their friends, Batman™, Gandalf™ and Wyldstyle™ bravely jump into the vortex to rescue their friends and fight to save all of LEGO humanity.

Let your creativity be your guide as you build the LEGO Gateway to adventure, journeying through unexpected worlds and teaming-up with unlikely allies on the quest to defeat the evil Lord Vortech. Play with characters you never thought you could see in a LEGO game together, using vehicles and weapons you never thought possible. LEGO Bad Cop™ driving the DeLorean Time Machineâ¦why not?! The Ninjago Masters of Spinjitsu fighting alongside Wonder Woman™...yes, please! Get ready to break the rules, because the only rule with LEGO Dimensions is that there are no rules.

The LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack is all you need to begin - build your base and embark on a fantastic quest. Included in the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack:

• LEGO Dimensions videogame
  • LEGO Toy Pad
  • LEGO Gateway building bricks
  • 3 LEGO minifigures (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle)
  • LEGO Batmobile vehicle

Interesting...there's a Universal Studios set (Back to the Future) in there.

Edited by Cube

Game stores are gonna be full blown toy stores at this rate! :D

I do love me some Lego games but I can't be fussed with getting another set of toys.

Makes perfect sense for Lego, should make them a load of money.

I do wonder though how long we've got before these NFC figures start going the way of the plastic instruments and people start getting sick of them. I would assume it would take longer as they take up less room but still, I can see it happening.

giphy.gif

Definitely getting this along with every figurine/set released for it. So glad I've gotten back into collecting LEGO again... * w *

Fuck off, Batman and Gandalf in the same game? I'm buying this for sure. And a Wonder Woman pack coming out? Yes plz. I'm so excited. I fucking LOVE minifigures. They are my weakness.

This is going to be a juggernaut.

Is that...is that the sound...of ReZourceman buying a WiiU??

Tbh I thought of lego being a good amiibo-esque fit early on, but nowadays anything Amiibo just kinda puts me off. Given the sucess of Lego generally and in video games and everything over recent years I can see this getting huge.

Is that...is that the sound...of ReZourceman buying a WiiU??

Pretty sure he already has one.

Already up for preorder on Amazon UK. Brace yourselves fellow AFOLs, it's £90-100 for the game, another £15 for each minifigure pack and £30 for the level packs. I knew this would be more expensive than Skylanders due to the licensing and lego but still, £100 just for the base game :o

So why do I know I'll still end up buying them all :cry:

That is an absurd price. Should have been £60 max.

Like with Disney Infinity, I probably won't pick up the starter pack until it's like £20. Too much of a financial drain otherwise.

expected to be honest. Lego products are always expensive. Any way fuck Infinity, Skylanders and Amiibo. This is how you hook me on this NFC stuff.

Pre-ordered

LEGO Dimensions: Starter Pack (PS4)

LEGO Dimensions: Fun Pack - LEGO Movie Emmet (PS4)

LEGO Dimensions: Fun Pack - Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch of the West (PS4)

LEGO Dimensions: Level Pack - Back to the Future (PS4)

LEGO Dimensions: Fun Pack - DC Wonder Woman (PS4)

LEGO Dimensions: Fun Pack - DC Cyborg (PS4)

Longer trailer:

It suggests that there will be a Ghostbusters pack.

Also, they have the actual hoverboard in the level pack, which didn't come with the proper set.

Preordered:

A1QnxZ3fpAL._SL1500_.jpg

91201hC00QL._SX466_.jpg

Also you guys are getting stung a bit I'm paying $30 plus 14% tax for it so still a steal. I cannot live with myself if there is back to the future game and I'm not playing it! I'm assuming the portal can be used without putting that lego portal bit on it so it's a bit more discrete?

God damn if they do a Ghostbusters pack.....or Jurassic Park pack. I'll be fucking bankrupt.

I've been saying for ages that they should do a Lego NFC game!

Though it's a real missed opportunity that you can't actually build things with NFC Lego bricks IRL and then have them actually come to life in the game itself... Always thought that would be an amazing use for NFC...

Still it's pretty amazing that it encompasses so many different licenses! It's basically like the ultimate TT Lego game. Just a pity that it's nothing more than that really... So much potential with a "build your own" approach to levels and characters...

Edited by Dcubed

Though it's a real missed opportunity that you can't actually build things with NFC Lego bricks IRL and then have them actually come to life in the game itself... Always thought that would be an amazing use for NFC...

A game like that wouldn't use NFC, it would use a camera.

A game like that wouldn't use NFC, it would use a camera.

Don't see why the bricks couldn't have NFC chips inside them...

Or why they couldn't have some sort of NFC base that reads from a small electrical signal that passes through each brick and keeps a record of what direction it travels as it is built that the NFC base then sends to the Gamepad...

Using a camera wouldn't work as well because part of the structure would always be occluded from the camera's sight.

Or why they couldn't have some sort of NFC base that reads from a small electrical signal that passes through each brick and keeps a record of what direction it travels as it is built that the NFC base then sends to the Gamepad...

Using a camera wouldn't work as well because part of the structure would always be occluded from the camera's sight.

It would massively increase the price of the bricks, and you would only be able to use certain bricks in your design.

You solution does sound way more elegant than a camera for the reasons you've outlined. Wonder how expensive NFC chips really are.

I need all of them.

Seriously though the price is a little bit too high. Probably would have been better off adding an NFC base to their new normal Lego sets.

I also think we're hitting critical toys-to-life game levels. Skylanders, Disney Infinity, amiibo and now Lego Dimensions.

Edited by V. Amoleo