NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sooj

God oF War (Platinum) Help

Well I've just recieved God oF War from http://www.gameplay.com as it has gone platinum and I just put it in my PS2 and not only does it take forever to load it actually fails to red the disc meaning that I haven't got past the first screen. Is it the disc (I doubt it?) Is it my PS2?(it can play all my other games properly) or is it both? As in the game is compatable with very old versions of the PS2? (most likely).

Help, as always, will be appreciated lol :D

Sounds like it may be the disk... if all your other PS2 games work fine with no problems, i think its safe to assume that its the disk and not your PS2.

I got a PS2 close to it's launch and my copy of God of War works fine. Sounds like a disc error, send it back.

Gameplay are very quick at refunds/returns, so you won't have to wait long for a replacement (thats if they haven't sold-out).

:smile:

I think it's manly your machine. I repair PS2's at work. And it's realy easy. Just unscrew open the disc tray and clean the laser (do not tuch the lens with your finger) use a qtip. And If you have any type of grease then lubrecate the 2 bars/ the laser is fitted to.

80% of old ps2 work after that. It takes 5min to do if you know what you are doing.

The disc may be harder to read than the other games you have tryed. and thefor not work.

Yeah, I believe that dust is my problem. It was frozen at the main title, I left it running and then it loaded and I was able to pick "new game" after that it froze again. I think I will try unscrewing the PS2, thanks a lot guys.

Any tips on how to open up the PS2? *googling it right now*

Yeah, I believe that dust is my problem. It was frozen at the main title, I left it running and then it loaded and I was able to pick "new game" after that it froze again. I think I will try unscrewing the PS2, thanks a lot guys.

Any tips on how to open up the PS2? *googling it right now*

thats sooooo easy.

use normal screw drivers. and just "flip" of the 6 nobs under the machine. And then cut the grantee tape. and it's open. lift off the top part.

Yeah, thanks. Before I even started doing it, I posted that but, just to let everyone know that I have fixed my problem. Cleaned the PS2's lens and everything works ALOT faster now, and so does the game w00t. Thanks again people.

Ah, the good old laser eye clean :) Rarely fails to fix a disc read problem. Plus it often results in some great sob stories when some idiot puts a screw through the eject ribbon.

________

Grape Ape Marijuana Strain

Edited by Johelian

Hmm, you think? I was thinking about changing the avatar as they look so different - but I love Shadow of the Colossus too much. :)

________

Grilling Steaks

Edited by Johelian

Sign in to follow this