NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PS4, PC XOne]

So Square Enix have been doing an interactive teaser on Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/cantkillprogress), teasing some new game that's meant to be revealed imminently. However, info has leaked, and it's a sequel to Human Revolution!

Here's the official reveal trailer:

And Game Informer have a month's-worth of coverage: http://www.gameinformer.com/p/deusex.aspx

Words cannot express how excited I am for this! The original is my favourite game of all-time, and Human Revolution was a worthy prequel. Bring. it. ONNN!!! :yay:

cover-reveal-front-610.jpg

Here's some screens:

xaFXddA.jpg

7O6UlVL.jpg

SM8jmJO.jpg

pFn0GDL.jpg

clOQzoz.jpg

More here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1024951

Edited by CoolFunkMan

Human Revolution was really good. To the point where I want to pick up the Wii U version just to give me an excuse to play it again! Already have it on PC, PS3 and Director's Cut on PC though!

If this stays at the high quality of Human Revolution, I will be very very pleased.

Amazing! :D

Human Revolution is one of the only games I have ever given a second playthrough. It's one of my favourite ever games. I completed the standard edition and then bought the directors cut to play it again.

Can't wait to see it at E3! But I'll probably keep away from a lot of info about this after the initial trailer etc.

Can't wait. Easily one of the defining games of the last generation.

I expect nothing short of incredible.

Here's some screens:

Not sure if serious :p

I am hyped, though.

This is literally the first game that has emerged on the PS4/XBO that I'm actually interested in. Deus Ex HR is one of the best games on the Wii U, absolutely incredible. I'll have to pick this up on PC when it comes out. Really happy they have chosen to continue Adam's story.

That one behind the box is though right. Possibly the last one. Not sure about the first one.

First and last are renders, second and fourth are paintings. Tempted to agree with you that the third is the "most real", but going by the shadow around Adam I'm pretty sure he's just been superimposed in there. I don't care really but lets not try and sugarcoat it. I'm sure the final thing will be wonderfully pretty anyway, especially if they ease off the orange that plagued the last one ;)

I don't care if the graphics end up the same as Human Revolution because quite frankly this if the best gaming news i've heard come from SE in years! Deus Ex is one of the best gaming series..to celebrate i'm, going to play HR again

I need to play Human Revolution at some point. Great news though. I never played the original game, are they heavily story orientated and linked in together?

I need to play Human Revolution at some point. Great news though. I never played the original game, are they heavily story orientated and linked in together?
Human Revolution is a prequel to the original and is set way before it with different characters. There are probably a couple of nods to the original, but I've only played Human Revolution and it stands completely alone. It's incredible, you have to play it.

I actually picked up the Wii U version of HR when it was really cheap a while ago, might be a good excuse to have another run through it :) It was a brilliant game, completed it several times on 360.

I still need to put some proper time into HR. I rebought the Directors Cut during the Xmas Steam sale but never really played it.

I am hyped, though.

That one behind the box is though right. Possibly the last one. Not sure about the first one.

First and last are renders, second and fourth are paintings. Tempted to agree with you that the third is the "most real", but going by the shadow around Adam I'm pretty sure he's just been superimposed in there. I don't care really but lets not try and sugarcoat it. I'm sure the final thing will be wonderfully pretty anyway, especially if they ease off the orange that plagued the last one ;)

Yeah, to be honest, I realised they weren't all screenshots, but I was in a hurry to post this thread. :p

Human Revolution is a prequel to the original and is set way before it with different characters. There are probably a couple of nods to the original, but I've only played Human Revolution and it stands completely alone. It's incredible, you have to play it.

Yup, Human Revolution is pretty much it's own story, set in the same universe, way before the events of the original game. There's enough homages and references though. Also, definitely play the original. It hasn't aged well visually, but it's still the best game ever made!

Also, the trailer is out!! Hnnnnnnnggggg, soooo goooood!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by CoolFunkMan
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah those screens are undoubtedly bullshots, but I liked the golden hue of the last game. Loads of painters use a prevalent lighting colour to create atmosphere and draw attention to the play of light and shadow in a frame. I really liked the way it made the game look.

I'm actually quite happy that Eidos took this long to announce this game. Gives me the impression that they spent some time thinking about what direction they want to take the series in, rather than making it a bi-annual bore.

Loads of painters use a prevalent lighting colour to create atmosphere and draw attention to the play of light and shadow in a frame. I really liked the way it made the game look.

Thematic styling I can dig but personally I think the game just looked washed out. If they took time to highlight features in orange that would've been fine, but they just put a filter over everything.

I loved how they used orange. To me, that's like saying Persona Golden was too yellow.

That trailer is damn exciting.

Updated the original post with the trailer, plus there's a link to the Game Informer coverage that's happening over the course of the month.

Also, some more details:

Details about the next game in the Deus Ex series' story, missions, augmentations, and more have been revealed via Game Informer's exclusive cover story. Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen is now working with a group called Task Force 29. Sponsored by the government, they've been set up to combat "a new breed of terrorism." In the trailer and screenshots we've seen enemies with augmentations, which this is almost certainly referring to.

While there were references to the original Deus Ex in HR, the events of Mankind Divided may be more closely linked to JC Denton's story. It's been suggested that we'll see events described in Ion Storm's game's first-hand, and the accounts we've heard may not be entirely true. Jensen, it seems, is also secretly working for a group called the Juggernaut Collective. Allegiances are frequently fragile in the corrupt future of the Deus Ex series, so this isn't entirely surprising.

Exotic locations are also a staple of the series, and Mankind Divided will take us to a location based on the real-life Kowloon Walled City. Expect these city hubs to be crammed with side missions, which Eidos say will be more meaningful than in HR. A new augmentation called C.A.S.I.E. allows Jensen to analyse the mental state of people he's talking to, which should let him talk his way out of tricky situations.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-details-emerge/

Really sounds like exciting stuff! :yay: I'm glad the story will tie into the original, I look forward to seeing how they transpire.

Gameplay trailer from E3

Looking goooood. Early 2016 release date announced too. Sweet!

After the incredible Human Revolution this is one of my most anticipated by far.

Stopped watching the trailer halfway through because I've seen enough.

I watched most of that video, but skipped the boss dialogue battle. And it'll be the last video I'll watch. It's been a while since I pre-ordered a full retail game like this one. I did wait until they announced some sort of a releasedate, I don't want it to interfere with other orders, but it's in 2016, so everything's ok.

Pre-ordered directly from Square-Enix. Bought some digital stuff from them before, like Life is strange, but this is the first physical thing I've ordered. Probably not the last, they also have cute plushies! Anyway, they were pretty reasonable. No discount, but at least they're asking a normal PC-game price (as opposed to a PC game with the price of a console game), and no shipping cost. 50 Euros total.

Edited by Sméagol

Figured I'd bump the thread as the game is out today.

Got my preloaded copy on Steam all ready. Just waiting to finish work so I can go home and play it!