NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wii

Terraria

A good shout but I wonder if it'll have missed the boat. Played the crap out of it on PC(more than 200hrs, which is definitely a lot for me) and hope it gets some love on WiiU+3DS. I wonder if I'd be tempted to buy it again, though cross-buy(and some sort of cross-saving) would certainly make that a much easier choice for me.

Did you ever play it with the controller @Rummy ?

Like you I spent hours and hours on the PC version but I couldn't see myself managing without the mouse and keyboard. Kind of like how I found controlling Minecraft on console just way too slow.

I played it to death on the Vita which was great as you could use the touch screen to switch between tools.

Did you ever play it with the controller @Rummy ?

Like you I spent hours and hours on the PC version but I couldn't see myself managing without the mouse and keyboard. Kind of like how I found controlling Minecraft on console just way too slow.

Nah I was a PC mouse and keyboard guy for it(arguably ironic given I prefer pad gaming!) - however with 3DS and WiiU having a touch input akin to the cursor I can't see this being too awkward a deviation from what I'm used to. The only advantage I'd call of keyboard there is text-chatting to others. Without putting a focus on it - the 3DS and WiiU Gamepad both could have gotten around this via voice chat(Heroes of Ruin on 3DS used it without too much issue iirc) to communicate. Terraria isn't neccessarily the sort to require too much in the way of it, but it'd be real nice to be able to be playing on a 3DS/WiiU then chat with other people you're playing with - though that makes me wonder on the front of servers/worlds/multiplayer etc and what it'll be like here. I know very little of the non-PC implementations of these features for the other platforms.

Rumor: Terraria Has Been Cancelled Or Delayed For Nintendo 3DS In The US

It has been no surprise that the Minecraft-esque, indie title Terraria would be heading to Nintendo platforms — in fact, it was confirmed by the developers themselves. However, for those who follow the recent listings of the ESRB (i.e., only gaming journalism blogs), you may have noticed that the new rating Terraria is lacking one thing: the Nintendo 3DS version. In the ESRB rating (seen below), there is only mention of a Wii U and Vita (retail) version:

terraria_esrb_rating.png

This is by no means the end of days — there was never an official release date, so this may have been the plan all along (if it is simply a tiered launch timeline).

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/29/rumor-terraria-has-been-cancelled-or-delayed-for-nintendo-3ds-in-the-us/

As I've just bought and gotten back into this on PS4 I was browsing the forums with some questions and thought hey - why not go direct to the source for information?

Not done a lot of in-depth looking but from what I can see on the surface of things, it's still due for both Wii U AND 3DS - and they're projecting its release in early 2016(definitely post 2015). Not sure what content will and will not make it with all the various versions and differences flying around, but meh. I played it near its original incarnation and still found it great, really hope it takes off nicely for the Nintendo platforms and gets a new fanbase - I'm still absolutely smacked out on it atm.

Sign in to follow this