NEurope
M_rock

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

So Nintendo have it all up (you can just buy the game).

But the cards are £3.50 a pack. Of THREE cards!!!!! Well Nintendo just made sure I aint collecting them. Ridiculous!!

Shame as I'd convinced myself I would. I really thought it would be a £1. What are nintendo thinking!!

Good luck selling those Nintendo!

So who's gonna be happy home designing this week? :hehe:

I'm really looking forward to it all of a sudden. Decorating rooms was always one of my favourite aspects of AC, so I'm expecting to enjoy this quite a bit. :)

I will be! Looking forward to being able to design rooms without having the hassle of storage and bell management to worry about. In the normal game, by the time I've expanded the house and collected full themes my wardrobe and rooms are usually already stuffed with unpurchasable items that I can't get rid of. Even with extra characters, moving stuff around is so awkward I never end up getting my house how I want it. I've already seen some great rooms that other people have designed too, and the dialogue looks to be as witty as ever.

So who's gonna be happy home designing this week? :hehe:

Afraid not, decorating my house, while nice, was never my favourite aspect of Animal Crossing. So I'm not gonna drop money for this, not when there's Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Project Mirai still to buy.

Although I do hope they take some of the convenient decorating they have here and apply it to future AC games. Here's hoping.

I'm in on this one.

Not sure I'm going to get sucked in to the card malarky (actually, I'm sure I will :))

I guess I'll buy it :indeed:

I'm just way too excited to see all the new furniture and settings!

Also there are waaaaay more detailed ways to put down your own patterns now.

I love making patterns, so that's great :p

Edited by M_rock

I started my happy home designing career yesterday. :)

Some pics:

nL5OkeB.jpg

WST1q7i.jpg

PKvgZyY.jpg

9Fcgpm2.jpg

I'm enjoying it, but can tell it's definitely not going to appeal to most people, even among fans of AC. Would be excruciatingly boring if you're not really into the core aspect of the "game" I reckon. :hehe:

Anyway, the NFC reader is also pretty cool. Very light! Is there anything inside it? :heh: But yeah, really easy to use (no setup at all, just stick in the batteries and that's it) and it's nice a fast.

I got Ressetti as my Special amiibo card. :D

*EDIT*

BTW, for those that have played Yakuza 4, here's something you won't be able to unsee:

DnzEJ5W.jpg

:laughing:

Edited by RedShell

My copy arrived this morning :D disappointed in the price of the Amiibo cards though, I've looked everywhere and most places are £4-£5 per pack. And how come we only get three cards per pack when I've seen people in America open their packs that contain 6 cards?!

My copy arrived this morning :D disappointed in the price of the Amiibo cards though, I've looked everywhere and most places are £4-£5 per pack. And how come we only get three cards per pack when I've seen people in America open their packs that contain 6 cards?!
Yeah, the pricing on amiibo cards is so messed up it's unreal! :shakehead I certainly wont be buying any unless they drop the price or there's a special offer sometime.

Anyway, I finally got access to the Happy Home Network, so uploaded a few of my designs: :)

School:

Yep7mvi.jpg

Not visible in this pic, but I placed one desk facing the wall (the naughty chair) and Tom Nook was sitting in it! :heh:

Café:

8CY2rqv.jpg

You can hang stuff from the ceiling now! :o

Ressetti's:

kkGWFSF.jpg

I like how Don is just standing right next to Ressetti while he's on the crapper. :laughing:

Not sure if you can actually visit them by scanning those QR codes or not, when I checked out worldwide designs using the HHN computer I could only see pics of other players work. :blank:

Would be a shame if that was all you can do.

*EDIT*

Well I messed about with the online aspect of this a bit more, and it turns out you can indeed visit any of the projects people upload to the HHN by clicking on the :heart: button. You can also grade their designs in 4 different areas and add the creator as a favourite to check out the rest of their projects or follow them. :awesome:

Edited by RedShell

Needed

Got these For trade

Had a go at the first online design challenge, "The Sweetest Home Ever!":

yO6ItJz.jpg

: peace:

I seriously hope we get all the new functionality of this game in the next mainline AC title, as it's absolutely fantastic. icon14.gif Being able to quickly drag and drop items, duplicate stuff at the click of a button and finally having a way to know which items in your collection are new, all makes the customization process so efficient. :awesome:

Love the new little animations they've added in this game too, like your character squeezing through gaps in furniture and all the context sensitive stuff (you now wash dishes near a kitchen sink, start eating when near food etc...) Super cute. :love: Also shows that this title isn't a quick cash in like it appears on the surface.

Got my copy yesterday! Pascal was my special card :p

Pretty fun so far, but definetly only for Animal Crossing enthusiasts. I do enjoy it for playing short sessions though!

I also love how they made all QR codes from acnl work with this game, that saves me alot of work haha!

Managed to make a few different houses now, and have been enjoying the game so far. I suspect it might get a bit repetitive at some point, but the way the content is drip fed through each new design makes it surprisingly addictive. The process for laying out furniture is handled really well, and something which I really hope makes it into the main games.

I've put some of my designs up on the Happy Home Network. If anyone wants a look you can access them all from this one (0002-7742-404):

WVW69idKJ2UeT1SqMP

Also, if you've unlocked HHN, make sure you check the 3DS on the table upstairs in the office, as you can access a special request which unlocks Mario furniture.

Also, if you've unlocked HHN, make sure you check the 3DS on the table upstairs in the office, as you can access a special request which unlocks Mario furniture.
Thanks for mentioning that. I checked it out when I first started the game, but had forgotten about it already. :woops:

Done that request now:

ZuA5Zhl.jpg

Uploaded my Hospital and Shop too:

je7hGlW.jpg

4hPt3LP.jpg

Also visited and rated some of your projects on HHN You've done quite a lot already! :)

Just when I thought my survey filling days were over with the demise of the stars catalogue, I've received a survey from Nintendo about how I'm enjoying this. This must be the first time they've just used gameplay data from your NNID to do this I presume? In fact I can't think of any communication I've had before that referenced what I've been playing.

Quite a lengthy survey covering Animal Crossing in general, what else I'm playing, thoughts on this game, amiibo, cards, the NFC reader, Amiibo Festival etc. One of the questions was how many amiibo figures I own which took a bit of working out (68! And that's without the cards.). My favourite question was this one though:

This next question might seem a bit strange, but please try to answer as best you can!

If Animal Crossing: New Leaf were like a fruit salad, what type of food would Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer be and why?

A bit strange? What is it with Nintendo and fruit?

Was hoping there might be a reward at the end, but no nothing. Not really sure why people will continue to fill in surveys without the star reward?

This next question might seem a bit strange, but please try to answer as best you can!

If Animal Crossing: New Leaf were like a fruit salad, what type of food would Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer be and why?

A bit strange? What is it with Nintendo and fruit?

Actually, this question is quite clever, once you get over the sheer weirdness of it.

Think about it, New Leaf is a whole assortment of different assets that make up Animal Crossing. In other words, it's a whole bunch of fruit in one package, a fruit salad.

HHD focuses on one aspect, the house decorating. So in this case, it's one of the fruit but in a more concentrated format. So, I'd say HHD was a whole bunch of oranges.

That's what I take away from it.

That's pretty much the route I went down. I went for a mango; a single element of the salad, good on its own if lacking the variety. I'm guessing a lot of the answers will be individual fruits as it's kind of a leading question. Not sure what Nintendo will learn from that though? Would actually be quite interesting to see the answers people came up with, especially the non-fruit ones. I bet there's some weird ones!

There's another special request currently available through Game in the UK which unlocks 24 hour shop furniture.

WVW69ietr1YO9kZV6V

You need to start the request (using the in-game 3DS) while in Game, but you can then press start to save it for later, so at least you don't have to stand in the store designing the room.