NEurope
M_rock

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Huh... Guess the crossover went both ways.

Does this mean we're gonna see a Rathalos in the next Zelda?

Hmm, seeing a big chunk of meat being spit roast seems a little... odd in a game about befriending animal people.

Hmm, seeing a big chunk of meat being spit roast seems a little... odd in a game about befriending animal people.

I don't think it quite beats getting a pet bird in a cage for your house, and then having one of your avian residents visit your house and comment about how "This birdcage really ties the room together nicely!"

Found an image that's almost similar to my situation.

tumblr_msbp3pPAbj1qmxvm8o1_400.jpg

Surely, this is some kind of trafficking, isn't it?

CK7EyHyWUAEgRvc.png:orig

Both N3DS and N3DS XL Bundles!

27/07/2015

27th July, 2015 – To celebrate the launch of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for Nintendo 3DS family systems on 2nd October, Nintendo of Europe is launching a range of new products – including all-new hardware bundles – to give fans of the series and new players alike a variety of options to enjoy a one-of-a-kind handheld gaming experience like only Nintendo offers.

From 2nd October, Animal Crossing fans with a penchant for interior or exterior design can go all out with Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for Nintendo 3DS family systems. Join the Nook’s Homes family business and make hundreds of your favourite animals happy by designing their dream home – some might even ask you to spruce up their garden! Go beyond home décor and try your hand at bigger projects like a school or a café, and assign unexpected roles to some of your favourite animal friends.

At launch, a limited number of copies of the game sold in stores will come with one special amiibo card that allows the player to call up the card’s character and let their imagination run wild designing a house for them. What kind of home would you build for Tom Nook or Isabelle? Additional amiibo cards will be sold separately in packs of three. Out of these three, one card will always be a special amiibo card, meaning it features a character whose house you won’t be able to build without using its amiibo card. Each card can be used across multiple copies of the game, so they’re perfect for collecting and trading with friends.

Owners of New Nintendo 3DS or New Nintendo 3DS XL systems can tap the amiibo card to the NFC area on the bottom screen, while owners of original Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS systems can purchase the NFC Reader/Writer accessory to enjoy amiibo functionality in compatible software.

The launch of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for Nintendo 3DS will be accompanied by the following additional releases on 2nd October:

New Nintendo 3DS + Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Pack: a white New Nintendo 3DS system with a digital copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer* , a unique set of cover plates** and one special amiibo card

New Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Edition: a white New Nintendo 3DS XL system with a unique, game-themed cover design, a digital copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer* and one special amiibo card

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer Pack: a physical copy of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game, one special amiibo card and the NFC Reader/Writer accessory

Standalone NFC Reader/Writer accessory

New Nintendo 3DS cover plates No. 5 (featuring K.K. Slider), 6 (featuring Isabelle) and 27 (featuring a variety of animals from the series)

Series 1 Animal Crossing amiibo cards Pack: each pack contains 1 special amiibo card and 2 regular amiibo cards

Whether you’re new to the Nintendo 3DS experience or an existing system owner, the perfect bundle for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for you is available from 2nd October.

*Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is pre-installed on a 4GB microSD card as part of this bundle offering.

**The set of cover plates included in the New Nintendo 3DS + Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Pack will not be sold separately in Europe.

CMM_3DSL_ACHHD_AmiiboCards_PS_mediaplayer_large.jpg

New Nintendo 3DS Face Plate - Exclusive to Bundle

CMM_N3DS_ACHHD_CoverPlate_With_Hardware_mediaplayer_large.jpg

New Nintendo 3DS XL

CMM_N3DSXL_ACHHD_Bundle_PS_UKV_mediaplayer_large.jpg

Edited by Serebii

Those special edition consoles... look very nice. :)

If I didn't already have my New 3DS XL, I would have been tempted.

Anyone up for swapsies when the cards come out?

I'll invariably be looking for a Henry, Pierce or Wolfgang.

[/grownman]

Two things.

1. Where is the version just with the game?!

2. I say I'm not getting the stupid cards, but I'll say "I'm in" on the swapsies!

Two things.

1. Where is the version just with the game?!

2. I say I'm not getting the stupid cards, but I'll say "I'm in" on the swapsies!

There isn't one. You have to get the one with the NFC reader.

There isn't one. You have to get the one with the NFC reader.

But I have a New Nintendo 3DS......

So I have to pay more for the NFC reader....

Why do Nintendo do this?!?!

Probably because it makes the most business sense. Only a small fraction of 3DS owners have the new hardware, so it makes sense not to confuse (dumb) consumers with lots of different software options, much as it's annoying to the 5-10% that are New 3DS owners.

Have they confirmed prices yet?

I would preorder from Amazon now so if the price goes up you should be protected by Amazon's price promise.

Or get the digital version ::shrug:

Probably because it makes the most business sense. Only a small fraction of 3DS owners have the new hardware, so it makes sense not to confuse (dumb) consumers with lots of different software options, much as it's annoying to the 5-10% that are New 3DS owners.

So they release a new piece of hardware, give us no software that uses it, then releases a game which actually does yet they fuck over the people that buy their unnecessary console upgrades.

It's hardly fucking us over. The game will probably be the same price as it would have been without the NFC reader. They probably didn't want to deal with the endless complaints when mum and dad buy their kid the standalone game and a pack of cards, then find out later they need another accessory to make the cards work.

Are you basing the statement that there's no stand alone version on something other than just that press release @Serebii? To me this line

The launch of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for Nintendo 3DS will be accompanied by the following additional releases on 2nd October:

suggests that there will be a standard release as well as the pictured/described bundles, although of course that could just be the download version. It's odd that they haven't included a picture of the standard retail box if it exists, but I would wait for clarification from Nintendo before assuming there isn't one, unless you have some other source?

It's rediculous that the faceplates for the new3DS are exclusive for that bundle! That's directly against the idea of the new 3DS replacing limited editions since the plates can be swapped. Sigh.

Sold 522,556 physical in its first week in Japan. Compared to New Leaf: 603,064

Incredible.

They will make a profit again, It's funny hiw financial wise they have made great decisions with some games , while most "gamers" weren't to happy with them....

The spin-off idea to fill gaps between main releases is great. Heard great things about this.

Problem is it's more a solitary experience, little online capabilities beyond sharing photos of what you've done and no StreetPass

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer came out last week in Japan, and isn’t even out in Europe / North America yet, but Nintendo is already planning to add new features. Today, a service called Tsukutta/Tsukutter (Twitter + past tense form of “Tsukuru”, which means “to create” in Japanese) was announced!

Thanks to this service, you will be able to post online the room designs you’ve created. Of course, you can also view and rate those sent by other players (who can do the same with yours): in fact, you can even visit their room! The service will have a rather neat feature: you can search for houses/rooms using ratings such as “Cool” or “I want to live there”.

Finally, Nintendo announced that contests will be held: fans will most likely have to design rooms based on specific themes, and the best ones will win.

This “Tsukutta/Tsukutter” service will be launched sometimes next month, in Japan. It will come via a Software update, which will be released sometimes in September. More details will be announced soon. Unfortunately, Nintendo didn’t say whether the service and the update will both be available at launch in Europe and North America, via a Software update or not.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-getting-a-sharing-service-contests-in-september/?utm_campaign=animal-crossing-happy-home-designer-getting-a-sharing-service-contests-in-september&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/tsukutter/index.html

Sold 522,556 physical in its first week in Japan. Compared to New Leaf: 603,064

Incredible.

Us humans do love our Animal Crossings. Hopefully it gets proper directed advertisement in the UK like the last one.