NEurope
M_rock

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

ac_hhd_by_miguelphantasy-d8o3a8y.png

tumblr_np7qwukO7R1swqp96o1_500h.jpg

LAUNCHING ON 2ND of OCTOBER

Spinoff game focussed on the decorating aspect of the Animal Crossing series.

Spend your time as a member of the Happy Home Academy,

decorating the rooms of animals with the furniture to their liking.

Uses "Amiibo cards" for the first time, works exactly like scanning in amiibo.

Scanning an animal card will summon that animal to the game.

The design of the cards is very similar to the original E-reader cards:

cards.jpg

A seperate NFC-reader launches together with this game,

enabling older 3DS systems to read Amiibo's.

The Animal Crossing Amiibo's for Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival will also work with this game, but it hasn't been announced what they exactly do in Happy Home Designer.

Edited by M_rock

This looks like fun (for about an hour).

I wonder how they'll sell the cards. Individually or in a random pack of 10. The cards have different background icons, probably relates to that character's personality.

I think it's particulary interesting that the NFC cards feature new artwork, instead of re-using the artwork from ACNL that was made for each animal. I'm guessing that this is artwork for the new upcoming Wii U game, and as a result the cards will also be available with the WiiU game. I can't think of any reason why they would create new high quality 3D renderings only for a minigame.

I also love the fact that carpets are now seperate from the flooring, that enables us to place them to our liking. I hope small improvements like that make it to the future Animal Crossing games.

(Also this is the first time I created a thread, I hope I did nothing wrong, sorry if I did!)

Edited by M_rock

That's great detective work, could very well point to a Wii U game. Have to say I think the series belongs on handhelds (and mobiles !) but will keep an open mind.

Personally, although the handheld versions have been better, I still prefer playing AC games on a big screen. And the first one on the GC was the one I spent the most time on.

Not my cup of tea, but looks like it could be captivating for more hardcore AC fans. I'm glad Nintendo makes stuff like this.

Personally, although the handheld versions have been better, I still prefer playing AC games on a big screen. And the first one on the GC was the one I spent the most time on.

Same as me. I enjoyed the others (Skipped the Wii one) but I never spent as much time on them as I did with that Gamecube version. Absolutely loved it.

mmm...this pretty much just looks like Animal Crossing, but you can't go outside. Kinda claustrophobic really!

I'm getting all the amiibo cards anyways, so I might as well get this game to use them with. Seems like it could be a lot of fun. :)

(And it'll help scratch my Animal Crossing itch until the Wii U game hopefully arrives next year.)

I think it's particulary interesting that the NFC cards feature new artwork, instead of re-using the artwork from ACNL that was made for each animal. I'm guessing that this is artwork for the new upcoming Wii U game, and as a result the cards will also be available with the WiiU game. I can't think of any reason why they would create new high quality 3D renderings only for a minigame.

Yep, that is good thinking. Maybe the NX is a handheld and the characters have been newly-rendered for that.

Personally, I think the next Animal Crossing will work across both handheld and console.

Surely this would be better suited to mobile phones?

We want a proper game for the wii u not some mini game :-(

Yeah! To be honest I really doubt that this is delaying the WiiU game at all. This is clearly a quick game for the 3DS, it runs on the ACNL engine, uses all of the same assets. I think it's meant to be a little thing to make the wait for the real next Animal Crossing game a bit shorter!

That being said it would be perfect for mobile devices too I guess.

Why not both? A small mini-game to tide us over while they work on the next game sounds like a nice treat. :D

Huh. This is for 3DS.

I'm worried this means a Wii u version of the main game is incoming... I wouldn't mind if it was just a small release in the spring or something. But I fear it's the big Christmas...

New screenshots:

tumblr_np7q1u8NSX1s1lku3o3_400.pngtumblr_np7q1u8NSX1s1lku3o1_400.png

tumblr_np7q1u8NSX1s1lku3o2_400.pngtumblr_np7q1u8NSX1s1lku3o4_400.png

tumblr_np7q1u8NSX1s1lku3o6_400.pngtumblr_np7q1u8NSX1s1lku3o7_400.png

Japanese boxart:

tumblr_np7ps6ka6z1s1lku3o1_400.png

New 3DS cover plates, cards packaging, limited edition new3DSXL, Amiibo NFC reader package:

tumblr_np7qosD8CQ1sojdvio1_1280.jpg

Edited by M_rock

Really wish that XL design was coming as a cover plate... But that's how they get you, eh?

Really wish that XL design was coming as a cover plate... But that's how they get you, eh?

I feel this very much yes, the XL design is so minimal and cute! I feel like they overdo the coverplates sometimes.

Both of those new 3DS systems are lovely, the simpler XL style and the retro cartoon vibe of the N3DS cover plates. :love:

tumblr_np7q1u8NSX1s1lku3o3_400.png
This screenshot pleases me, I just hope they also use those "NEW" icons for the next mainline AC.

Having to rely on memory, the shop catalog or a spreadsheet to know which items you already own in the previous games has always annoyed the hell out of me.

The UI is a bit ugly but yes nice to see images for each bit of furniture. Had to be done really.

+ 1 on wishing the XL design was in coverplate form.

The box art is very nice.

I guess the amiibo cards are randomly drawn then? Should make collecting them fun (if expensive!)

Go watch this link now (those interested)

The game looks so much better than first reveal hints at. It looks like there is a sort of main game, with you roaming around an actual town (though obviously not with usual trimmings) with your goal essentially to design/build the whole town inside/outside. With the game having loads of character interactions cut from New Leaf. I likely will buy this now.

Is this game ANOTHER victim of subpar E3 trailer explanation?

Yeah it's looking really good. $1 for a pack of three cards is also a lot cheaper than I was expecting.

Picked up the new Argos catalogue and noticed that this is already listed (p1690), although obviously not available yet. The version with and without the nfc adaptor are both listed for £39.99, and more interestingly they have a listing for the amiibo cards at £9.99, although no clue as to how many cards/packs that gets you. Of course the price could be a placeholder, but given the catalogue's printed nature, they have less flexibility than other retailers pricewise. Mind you, they've listed the Wii U game as "Amibo Festival BBQ", so maybe they're just making it up...

I wasn't really interested in this at first, even being a huge AC fan. But that video has changed my mind a bit and I will be keeping track of this now.

Even if I don't pick this up, I hope the ideas in this transfer to the next main game. I love the idea of the house having space outside for you to place items, something I always wanted to do. More versatility in placing inside your house, love the squeezing through the furniture bit. Then getting to build your very own buildings as well.