NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Axiom Verge PS4/PSVita/PC

A homage to Super Metroid and judging from the first 10 minutes (which included the first boss) it may very well turn out to be a sublime one.

It's out on PS4 now (17.99€), PC and Vita (cross-buy; cross-save still not confirmed) versions are to follow soon.

Never finished Super Metroid or a Castlevania game even though I love Metroidvanias.

This may make me revisit those games.

Never finished Super Metroid or a Castlevania game even though I love Metroidvanias.

This may make me revisit those games.

Hyped for this.

Shame on you for the bolded part.

Shame on you for the bolded part.

Indeed. Trying to get a SNES copy of Super Metroid on ebay but it is too expensive for me right now. Have the game on my Wii U (or Wii, not sure) but I want the complete retro package : peace:

Same with Castlevania. Need to get a NES first. But money is currently not readily available. :(

Played more of Axiom Verge last night. Got a new weapon which let's me glitch enemies..yes...you read that right :D

Same with Castlevania. Need to get a NES first.

If you want the Metroidvania experience getting a NES and Castlevania will be pointless. Igavanias are where it's at. Symphony Of The Night, Aria/Dawn Of Sorrow and Order Of Ecclesia would be my reccomendations.

If you want the Metroidvania experience getting a NES and Castlevania will be pointless

Oh yeah, I remember that the NES Castlevanias aren't Metroidvanias :D

I think I had the Symphony of the Night re-release on my Xbox. Don't have my Xbox anymore, though :blank:

Wow, surprised to see this thread so quiet! Looks as though this game got incredible reviews, no?

Apparently Reggie saw this game at E3 last year and went 'Oh wow, this looks like Metroid' and the developer replied with 'Well, someone has to make them!' haha :)

It looks good and the reviews were making me consider picking it up, but after checking the price on the Store, think I'll wait a bit perhaps. £14.99 seems a bit steep, I think anyway. I'll see, I did pick up White Night when I thought it should've been cheaper as well (though I did pay less than what it costs through the PSN store) but I do have a considerable backlog of games waiting to be played properly (GTA 5 for the first time, Metro Redux, Bloodborne and various other indie games).

Still, it's very impressive that this was made by one guy. The pixel work looks fantastic and impressions seem to be very positive for all the hard work so good on that man.

Gametrailers are going to live stream this game on their twitch this week. Will watch it back at some point. Interested in this, but need a PS4 first :p

Will definitely pick this up at some point, but the price is a bit steep considering I have quite a bit else to play at the moment. Nice to have a backlog though!

You only need to give the soundtrack a listen and it should be an instabuy. :bowdown:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Beat the third boss a couple of days ago. Man, I have to get back to Axiom Verge but Bloodborne takes away every second of the freetime I have.

Sign in to follow this