NEurope
Wii

Legend of Kay Anniversary

Finally we have an in-game look at this after it was first leaked by Amazon almost two months ago. And Nordic still won't announce it. It's developed by Unit 4 Games which seem to be in the same location as Keen Games who made the original as Neon Games, and Unit 4 has one of the founders.

71VYff4SaZL.jpg

71WSkqNHHQL.jpg

71SkzC8Ll1L.jpg

61y6iEKT44L.jpg

71TEgYhPLUL.jpg

71RmROB9foL.jpg

71owm1ZnMVL.jpg

616UdFr3HLL.jpg

Features:

- High-resolution textures - new, more detailed character models, modern rendering techniques and crystal-clear surround sound

- Much higher levels of detail to the environments, even when seen close up

- A new user interface making the game simpler to use

- Cut scenes improved - now in HD!

- Achievements have been added

- Leaderboard - compare your score with your friends' and compete against the best in the world

- 60 Frames per seconds for high speed smooth action

- 25 different levels with over 15 enemy types and epic boss battles

- 3 different primary weapons (sword/hammer/claws) with distinct combat styles

- Various mini-games such as wild boar racing, dragon flying and wolf riding

It's due for release on May 29th in Europe and NA.

It's not the greatest looking game but it is a 3rd party release which is a rarity and only costs €30. It's currently €25(£18.85) on Amazon.

Edited by Wii

WHAT THE FUCK?

No Voice-Chat?

Welp, they just lost a sale.

What, is this an online multiplayer game?

WHAT THE FUCK?

No Voice-Chat?

Welp, they just lost a sale.

Thanks for that, Ronnie.

Hehehe, sorry dawgs, I just wanted to have a crack at it :laughing:

Let's discuss the return of Blinx's younger brother :)

'Dem visuals though... :awesome:

71owm1ZnMVL.jpg

They've even 'added' a mouse cursor at the top of the screen, next-gen! :heh:

Legend Of Kay Anniversary Will Now Output At 1080p For Wii U

It was first confirmed by Peter Thierolf from Kaiko that the new Legend of Kay Anniversary edition would be in 720p for the Wii U. But now after some more development, they’ve upgraded it to 1080p. They’ve said that it now “renders the scene in 1600*900 and outputs in 1080p with extra crisp UI” and still runs at 60fps. The Legend of Kay will be releasing this Summer.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/05/17/legend-of-kay-anniversary-will-now-output-at-1080p-for-wii-u/

Has any of you tried this? I'm playing it at the moment for a review and I'm really in two minds. It's not doing anything in particular wrong but it's just not that fun to play. However, I still want to play it, possibly because it's the only "new" game in this genre out there at the moment. I find the combat alright but not perfect - a lock-on system would certainly help it. And the dialogue is atrocious, I really don't like Kay at all! But I still want to play on and see what comes next, although I'm always hoping that I don't have to race on that boar again.

Has any of you tried this? I'm playing it at the moment for a review and I'm really in two minds. It's not doing anything in particular wrong but it's just not that fun to play. However, I still want to play it, possibly because it's the only "new" game in this genre out there at the moment. I find the combat alright but not perfect - a lock-on system would certainly help it. And the dialogue is atrocious, I really don't like Kay at all! But I still want to play on and see what comes next, although I'm always hoping that I don't have to race on that boar again.

I ordered it because it was cheap - in relative terms anyway - but haven't got around to unsealing it yet, but I am planning on writing a review for it at some point, it's just not top of the list at the moment.

It does look good though so I shall no doubt investigate it further soon... : peace: