NEurope
Rummy

UK Election 2015

never voted in my life and havent changed this election.

actually looking forward to seeing the labour/SNP coalition just to see the crazy doom and gloom merchants out in force!

I voted, for Labour in the parliamentary vote and Lib Dem for the district council.

So did I.

Lib Dems do a great job locally. But I couldn't vote for them nationally.

Exit poll with tories on 316 seats. That really can't be right. It can't be. Goes against all logic and all other polling.

Would be disastrous if it turns out like that.

Exit poll with tories on 316 seats. That really can't be right. It can't be. Goes against all logic and all other polling.

Would be disastrous if it turns out like that.

Dat feel where you currently live in an area that has NEVER been anything but Conservative and realise it was pretty pointless going out to vote earlier.

The system sucks.

Dat feel where you currently live in an area that has NEVER been anything but Conservative and realise it was pretty pointless going out to vote earlier.

The system sucks.

60% of seats are safe seats apparently. Such a waste of time.

60% of seats are safe seats apparently. Such a waste of time.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not a bit meh right now.

The voting system isn't fit for purpose anymore (assuming it was before). Give me reform or give me death.

I'm going to try not to think about the exit polls and check the results proper in the morning. Going to be depressing if it's correct though.

YouGov exit poll:

CON 284 MPs, LAB 263, LIBS 31, SNP 48, UKIP 2, PLAID 3, GREEN 1

YouGov exit poll:

CON 284 MPs, LAB 263, LIBS 31, SNP 48, UKIP 2, PLAID 3, GREEN 1

Their twitter says that's not an exit poll, just a prediction from yesterday. Still encouraging though, Yougov are quite accurate.

Was re-tweeted by an ex-tory MP for saying I agreed with her. She tweeted that the exit poll is probably wrong. I'm hopeful!!!!

Wish Michael Gove would fuck off from our screens.

Got BBC on the TV and Channel 4 on the iPad for Richard Osman to give me the pointless answers.

I've been watching Channel 4's coverage all evening. It's hilarious. I love David Mitchell.

So I went to the pub instead of voting.

I was also supposed to proxy-vote for a housemate who is away. However that fell through, so she wanted me to forge her signature. Instead I'm going to tell her that I voted, but in actuality I have, instead, not even opened her letter.

I've seen the exit polls suggestion that conservatives will be 10 seats short, and lib dems will have 10 seats, and SNP will have a buttload of seats... and it angers me again that the demographic 2nd majority of labour will be overlooked by this stupid arrangement. Surely if 40% votes one party and 30% votes a 2nd then they should together be the combined government. Rather than joining wiht an 11% party... I mean that's a flat-out snub of democracy.

Bleh. In anycase I didn't vote so what does my opinion matter, eh!

So I went to the pub instead of voting.

I was also supposed to proxy-vote for a housemate who is away. However that fell through, so she wanted me to forge her signature. Instead I'm going to tell her that I voted, but in actuality I have, instead, not even opened her letter.

I've seen the exit polls suggestion that conservatives will be 10 seats short, and lib dems will have 10 seats, and SNP will have a buttload of seats... and it angers me again that the demographic 2nd majority of labour will be overlooked by this stupid arrangement. Surely if 40% votes one party and 30% votes a 2nd then they should together be the combined government. Rather than joining wiht an 11% party... I mean that's a flat-out snub of democracy.

Bleh. In anycase I didn't vote so what does my opinion matter, eh!

You at the King and Queen or Pav Tav, brah?

I wasn't going to watch the coverage because I was going to try and sleep.

Instead I spent hours playing Rogue Legacy. I don't know what's going on any more.

When do we know how it all stands?

Not for a few hours yet.

The narrative is very depressing so far. Hopefully things change :(

I'm not a Lib Dem voter, but it's so sad to see them lose so many of their good MPs. Vince Cable :(

I'm so scared to think about the future of our country. It's going for a very acrimonious split :(

Just woke up, seen my constituency has stayed Tory(didn't expect much else) - top 3 was 20,643(47.3%) Cons, 11,451(26.2%) Lab and a somewhat alarming 9,182(21.0%) UKIP. I expected some high UKIP numbers, but not quite that high/close to Labour.

It's looking pretty close between Labour and Conservatives. I'm not sure how I'm gonna feel if the current government continues on, but it's already making me sadder than I expected :(

This is bloody awful.

Worse than I ever expected.

How people can vote Tory absolutely confuses me.

I don't really understand it either. It's kind of like that Mitchell and Webb sketch when they realise that they are the bad guys; do tory voters not wonder why they are always portrayed as evil?

This is bloody awful.

Maybe some people actually checked and liked their policies rather than the constant anti-Conservative propaganda on social medias :p

It's not like the Conservatives have destroyed the country the last 5 years. They've reversed, or begun to reverse, a lot of damage left by the previous government (annual increase to the deficit has dropped considerably, unemployment down, benefits being capped etc.), but these things do take time. I feel it's fine for them to have another 5 years to enact their plans. 5 years is too short for any leadership to do what they promised. If after the next 5 things still suck, then to hell with them.

Not like Labour etc. haven't screwed the country before, too. They're all as bad as eachother

But

DoCsPLt.png

Edited by Serebii

Well, at least UKIP is failing horribly. Every cloud and all that.

It's not like the Conservatives have destroyed the country the last 5 years. They've reversed, or begun to reverse, a lot of damage left by the previous government (annual increase to the deficit has dropped considerably, unemployment down, benefits being capped etc.), but these things do take time. I feel it's fine for them to have another 5 years to enact their plans. 5 years is too short for any leadership to do what they promised. If after the next 5 things still suck, then to hell with them.

Actually the national debt has increase under Cameron

Not like Labour etc. haven't screwed the country before, too. They're all as bad as eachother

Actually Labour inherited a much larger debt from the Tories in 1997, than they left Cameron in 2010. And that's despite the global* recession.

*it's important that people remember this. The recession didn't just happen in the UK.

This is bloody awful.

I know what you mean. Their party supports such a small minority at the top of society. Yet a third of the country votes for them. So many people seem to think that if they're not on benefits or earning above minimum wage then the Tories will benefit them, which is far from the case.

Increased, yes I didn't say otherwise, but the amount it increases each year has diminished. You can't drop it without first dropping the amount you add to it

Actually Labour inherited a much larger debt from the Tories in 1997, than they left Cameron in 2010. And that's despite the global* recession.

*it's important that people remember this. The recession didn't just happen in the UK.

To be fair, that works in percentages and so can be skewed that way, but yeah I agree. Not saying either party is perfect. They all suck :p

I know what you mean. Their party supports such a small minority at the top of society. Yet a third of the country votes for them. So many people seem to think that if they're not on benefits or earning above minimum wage then the Tories will benefit them, which is far from the case.

I dunno, they've done a lot to help people. My mum's business has thrived since they were in power. Minimum tax amounts have gone up. Allowances have gone up. It's not like people think where they only help the rich.

Edited by Serebii

I dunno, they've done a lot to help people. My mum's business has thrived since they were in power. Minimum tax amounts have gone up. Allowances have gone up. It's not like people think where they only help the rich.

Didn't they widen the middle tax band(40% one) though? On both ends? I'm not near it, but I'm sure people said they've lowered the lower boundary and raised the higher(so more paid by the poorer and less by the richer). As for the personal allowance that always goes up every year doesn't it?

Tbh I'm kinda worried being public sector under the Tories again, but it's all said and done now, little I can do about it. We're all in it together and whatnot blahblahblah.

The electoral system is constructed to ensure things never change and a two party system prevails - not on the basis of the merits of each party, but on the basis that people vote for the one that will stop the one they don't like getting in!

When a party can gain the third highest number of votes, yet come away with 2 MPs, it shows that vast numbers of people are going unrepresented.

When people are voting Tory to STOP Labour getting in (and vice versa), so essentially a vast portion of the electorate doesn't vote for who they want to win, but to ensure the party they don't like loses - it's a broken system!