NEurope
RedShell

Has the confirmation of no voice chat altered your decision to purchase Splatoon?

Has the confirmation of no voice chat altered your decision to purchase Splatoon?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Has the confirmation of no voice chat altered your decision to purchase Splatoon?

• Yes, I'm not going to buy it now.
    • No, I'll still be getting the game.
    • Undecided

But how can this be? Nobody outside of this forum has a problem with it!

At least in this instance they are complaining to Nintendo directly.

I can personally see a logic in Nintendo not allowing a simple mute option and ditching voice chat completely, but I also think that those who really REALLY want it really REALLY should let NINTENDO know all about it.

The predominant attitude on this forum is a bit like going to a supermarket and having some random customer start bitching about how the brocolli isn't bogof, while at the supermarket up the road it is. I don't give a monkey's, I'm not here to buy brocolli, go complain to a member of staff and leave me in peace to worry about my own shopping.

but yes, well done to those people for grumbling at the poor sod at the till, at least there is a slim chance it will be communicated up the food chain.

Well that's everyone told. Next time I'll open a hotline to God when I wish to complain about the weather.

I can personally see a logic in Nintendo not allowing a simple mute option and ditching voice chat completely, but I also think that those who really REALLY want it really REALLY should let NINTENDO know all about it.

The predominant attitude on this forum is a bit like going to a supermarket and having some random customer start bitching about how the brocolli isn't bogof, while at the supermarket up the road it is. I don't give a monkey's, I'm not here to buy brocolli, go complain to a member of staff and leave me in peace to worry about my own shopping.

but yes, well done to those people for grumbling at the poor sod at the till, at least there is a slim chance it will be communicated up the food chain.

Eh, I think the predominant attitude is that Nintendo fans are pissed off at a decision Nintendo have made and are voicing that on a...Nintendo gaming forum.

I think it's a bit naive to think that Nintendo will actually take serious note of what they say on their facebook page and patch it in or something. The problem lies with Nintendo and their attitude and can only be changed from within the company itself.

Great post

Eh, I think the predominant attitude is that Nintendo fans are pissed off at a decision Nintendo have made and are voicing that on a...Nintendo gaming forum.

I think it's a bit naive to think that Nintendo will actually take serious note of what they say on their facebook page and patch it in or something. The problem lies with Nintendo and their attitude and can only be changed from within the company itself.

Well, they will take more notice of comments on their Facebook or Twitter than they will of comments on this forum.

One element that seems to be important in team play is voice communication, but Splatoon doesn't have that feature. How does Mr Nogami think players will communicate in-game if they are serious about playing as a team.

"In terms of communication in games in general, there are two main types: communication about strategy, and communication about feelings you have while playing at that moment. When that point is applied to this game, one interesting aspect of Splatoon is that the actions you take shooting ink can immediately be seen in the stage you're playing by yourself and other players, and conversely when you see the actions other players are taking shooting ink, it's something you can interpret immediately and then base your next actions on that and judging what that means. That's an important part of the gameplay in Splatoon."

"In designing the game, we paid special attention to allowing the gameplay to cover a lot of ground for that kind of strategic communication. However we definitely understand the importance players put on that other type of communication that's more feelings-based."

"And so because we understand that desire for players to have that kind of emotional communication, we can imagine players using some way or another to achieve that extra layer of communication while playing the game."

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/hisashi-nogami-interview-

More BS and on so many levels.

Overtime they explain it it becomes increasingly embarrassing. So painfully out of touch...

Is it a general feeling that runs throughout? Or does it come from above?! Somewhere, something needs to change!

They paid special attention in leaving out voice chat and somehow that enhances strategic gameplay and they know we want it but tough $h1t we're not giving it to you. You have to use alternative methods like Skype. And I didn't even cover the wishy washy BS from the first paragraph. I need a new sig, I think I'm going to use that answer. It's as bad as I've seen for some time.

You'd be surprised how many people think this is the official Nintendo site ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're not even worth bothering with any more. You're past the point of self-parody.

If you're going to take the mick, at least accept that I'll reply.

If you're going to take the mick, at least accept that I'll reply.

People have genuinely tweeted our Twitter account under the assumption we were the Nintendo one so I was not taking the mick.

Well, they will take more notice of comments on their Facebook or Twitter than they will of comments on this forum.

They'll see it yes, possibly. But, that doesn't mean they'll add it in.

Somewhere along the way during the developmental process of this game, the subject of voice chat has come up and it's inclusion has been rejected.

"This is coming from personal experience," Amano told Edge (via Nintendo Everything). "When I played online games, I didn’t like the negativity I got and people telling me, 'You’re crap. Go away.' So we wanted to focus on the positive aspects of online gaming."

Amano added that voice chat will not be added to the game at a later date.

That's Co-Director Yusuke Amano. That's coming right from the very top. It's not about 'what the fans what', but rather what 'Nintendo hopes gamers will gain from the experience of the game'. They perceive voice chat as a negative and associate it with negative experiences. That mindset from Nintendo will need to change somehow if we're going to have these sorts of features in the games (and I don't mean just restricted to lobbies, because that's shit) otherwise we'll just go through the same scenario again in the future.