NEurope
RedShell

Has the confirmation of no voice chat altered your decision to purchase Splatoon?

Has the confirmation of no voice chat altered your decision to purchase Splatoon?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Has the confirmation of no voice chat altered your decision to purchase Splatoon?

• Yes, I'm not going to buy it now.
    • No, I'll still be getting the game.
    • Undecided

I'm not bothered by it.

Like im not bothered about playing Monster Hunter without chatting to my mates. So boring without being able to voice chat. I don't know how @kav82 can play it for hours and hours on end without chatting to his mates, all because he can't be arsed to move his PS4 to voice chat.

;)

It's a ridiculous omission of a feature which should be standard. It'd be like Microsoft releasing Halo 5, but saying "We didn't think the 2nd analogue stick was necessary, so we disabled it. Please understand".

Or like how 4-player split screen is a big part of Halo, and Microsoft deciding not to include it in Halo 5.

I'm not bothered by it.

Like im not bothered about playing Monster Hunter without chatting to my mates. So boring without being able to voice chat. I don't know how @kav82 can play it for hours and hours on end without chatting to his mates, all because he can't be arsed to move his PS4 to voice chat.

;)

I'm playing with randoms, nobody has been on MH for days now. Plus, I never gamed with you because there was no room, you always had a full lobby.

I'm playing with randoms, nobody has been on MH for days now. Plus, I never gamed with you because there was no room, you always had a full lobby.

I take your point about nobody being on. You cant voice chat with randoms but you didnt with us either. Lazy ;)

You did game with me, several times and also with the rest of the lads. It was so frustrating not being able to chat to you but being able to with the others.

I take your point about nobody being on. You cant voice chat with randoms but you didnt with us either. Lazy ;)

You did game with me, several times and also with the rest of the lads. It was so frustrating not being able to chat to you but being able to with the others.

We chatted on the phone when we hunted together, I tried at first using voice chat and then after I gamed one day with you guys were I hadn't chatted and that was no more than 5-10 hunts.

Don't make out like I gamed loads with you all. I've played with N-Ers on MH less than a twentieth of my total game time on it because there was never any room anyway, it was always you, H-o-T, Lost and Hero's nephew.

I kept saying I wanted to voice chat too, I could've used Skype, Mumble, the WiiU. It's not like I wouldn't.

We chatted on the phone when we hunted together, I tried at first using voice chat and then after I gamed one day with you guys were I hadn't chatted and that was no more than 5-10 hunts.

Don't make out like I gamed loads with you all. I've played with N-Ers on MH less than a twentieth of my total game time on it because there was never any room anyway, it was always you, H-o-T, Lost and Hero's nephew.

I kept saying I wanted to voice chat too, I could've used Skype, Mumble, the WiiU. It's not like I wouldn't.

I haven't made out that I gamed with you loads. I said "several". You said "never" which is false.

:)

I haven't made out that I gamed with you loads. I said "several". You said "never" which is false.

:)

Fuck me, I should've said "hardly ever" then. You literal git! Haha

Nope, I discarded the possibility of it being included ages ago. Still day one.

Cos that option be so wrong, it no deserve option. :heh:

I really didn't like the controls and while I'm sure they have been tightened, I never had much interest in the first place. It looks fun, don't get me wrong, but I'm happy to pass.

Not fussed about lack of voice chat. This game looks really fun, it's a new IP, and bursting with creative design and all those beautiful, charming touches that make Nintendo games special.

Still surprises me that they've run so scared of it though. It's entirely doable, there are parental controls in place and a good portion of the Wii U audience are older Nintendo fans anyway :confused:

Why can't anyone use skype?

Shouldn't have to.

Nintendo don't get a free pass just because we can use Skype or mobile phones.

So now it's our fault that we've inconvenienced Nintendo by somehow presuming we could have online voice chat in their own game, on their own console. My sincerest apologies, what were we thinking? Maybe I should buy a PS4 to play Zelda when it comes out as well? Don't want to unnecessarily burn out that disc drive and I'll use an XBOX1 controller to save on wear and tear of the gamepad.

You're clearly lost. Here, let me help you.

out.jpg

Edited by Wii

So now it's our fault that we've inconvenienced Nintendo by somehow presuming we could have online voice chat in their own game, on their own console. My sincerest apologies, what were we thinking? Maybe I should buy a PS4 to play Zelda when it comes out as well? Don't want to unnecessarily burn out that disc drive and I'll use an XBOX1 controller to save on wear and tear of the gamepad.

You're clearly lost. Here, let me help you.

out.jpg

Seriously?

The one time I post something out of curiosity, you immediately try to kick me out? I can see why you and others can make new members not want to post or join in conversation.

Seriously?

The one time I post something out of curiosity, you immediately try to kick me out? I can see why you and others can make new members not want to post or join in conversation.

I'm not being literal, relax. : peace: Just showing my disapproval of your comment. Your opinion is as valid as mine though I clearly don't agree. You're hardly a new member, joined in 2011 and are settled in. Why should we use external means when the answer is right there in front of us?

Oh the ironing.

Had you just finished a batch of laundry? :p

I'm not necessarily saying that voice chat will add a big advantage to the game - but rather that I want to have it when I'm playing multiplayer games online - especially with my friends. I very quickly dropped of the MK8 league, good voice chat probs would have kept me going(lobby online is pretty pants). Look also how quickly Smash online has died out here too! I honestly don't think that would have happened if there were voice chat there too(plus it's annoying do some of the co-ordination without decent communication there).

However I do think as kav or someone mentioned - it would have been much better if they'd been upfront about the voice chat aspect early on and said it wasn't there, would have allowed the game to get more focus and view by some in a different light; now I think the VC issue has put some people off due to its late announcement.

wasn't getting it anyway. Why play COD for kids with squids, when you can just play COD? It concerns me how Nintendo seem to be targeting an even younger audience of late.

Because this looks far better than COD? :) And it isn't really COD with squids, it's a team based territory shooter!!

I personally was always going to get it, looks amazing!!

I just hope that us on here use PS4's, Skype or whatever to play it with voice chat!!

But even if it sells incredibly well, it doesn't justify Nintendo's decision to not include it!!

Count me as one of the "knobs", because, you know, Nintendo is totally entitled to my money as a Wii U owner when they release a new IP! The nerve of some people here..

I don't think it's a problem if you're not bothered by it, the only problem I've had is when a few people initially defended it and brushed it off. If you're fine with it, buy it, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you're not fine with it, like myself, don't buy it or consider buying it secondhand. Neither party should be regarded as " knobs" for their personal standards they want products to be when considering how they spend their money.

It's amazing just how divisive this generation has been amongst Nintendo fans. All I can say is I hope, regardless of whether it's a hit or a bomber, Nintendo does act on it with their next generation of consoles. The voices have been loud about the omission of voice chat in this game, any one who thinks this site is alone is incredibly naive.

In theory, you could get your mates to use Skype and communicate via that. You could also use a mobile phone, or PS4 chat, or mumble or something. The problem with all of that is that it's not convenient. You'd require more hardware and you'd have to worry about where you position that hardware. Having to have a laptop next to you just to communicate with this game or having to turn on a PS4 to just use the chat whilst playing a WiiU game is a pain in the arse.

I only have one friend who owns a Wii U and he's not interrested in Splatoon in the slightest and listening (or even worse: trying to agree on and executing an intelligent plan) to pre-pubescent brats makes me want to perform harakiri.

So no, a lack of voicechat makes no difference.

We could all buy second Wii U's, go to a mario kart lobby and chat using that?!?!

I'm still probably excited more for this than anything else in the immediate future (though Batman could take over. Maybe...), I just see it as a worrying look into their future and inability to change. But it won't stop me loving this!!