NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Could be possible. Not like Activision is a stranger to publishing on Nintendo consoles occasionally.

Seems weird that they would bother bringing out Destiny next year if they're also bringing out Destiny 2 (scheduled to release next year). It's a game totally reliant on the community so if they shifted to Destiny 2, it just seems weird that they would also release the first within such a short timeframe?

Exactly, unless it's a lunch game and it's coming spring, if not bring it out this year or not at all. Though I'd be tempted to say not at all, it doesn't want the Wii U reputation has having year old games from the other consoles.

I've been looking through most of my posts tonight and pretty much all of them have stupid typos. Fuck this iPad.

Yeah damn iPad. It's been ruining your typing since before it was even out :heh:

Man browsing threads from 11 years ago is something.

Actually, the Wii U launch line up was massive, it was the following months which were barren. I'd rather have Nintendo release a console six months or a year later and actually be ready.

It may have been large in terms of how many games there were, but in terms of stuff that excites people to buy a brand new console... not so much.

In fact, by the time the Wii U launched, they hadn't even showed as much as a screenshot of any games with console selling potential, apart from Pikmin 3.

Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, 3D Mario, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, Bayonetta, Xenoblade... we didn't KNOW of any of those until that first post-launch Nintendo Direct.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and watching a lot of videos from a long time ago about Iwata.

Seeing as the NX seems to be his final console initiative (though I wouldn't be surprised if he'd gone into work on the next handheld too, especially if it is a hybrid), the most fitting and honourable name Nintendo could give the NX is the "Iwata". In my opinion, anyway.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and watching a lot of videos from a long time ago about Iwata.

Seeing as the NX seems to be his final console initiative (though I wouldn't be surprised if he'd gone into work on the next handheld too, especially if it is a hybrid), the most fitting and honourable name Nintendo could give the NX is the "Iwata". In my opinion, anyway.

I think it would be nice to give one of the processors that name, but for the whole console I'm not so sure... Maybe a limited edition.. so like the Wii U had a basic and premium formats, maybe they could have a deluxe Iwata edition.. a bit like the panasonic gamecube - was it called the panasonic q?

I do totally agree it would be a really good gesture to have some sort of reference to Iwata though, it would be a really nice touch.

The main hesitance I have with the whole console being named after him is relevance to the broader audience... I imagine most gamers aren't so aware who Iwata is, so the name could just seem a bit weird.

The second thing is the possibility of a flop, which wouldn't be a fitting tribute...

I'd love to see Iwata (and Yamauchi for that matter) honoured by Nintendo but not naming a chip or console after them (5 years and they're forgotten about!). I think both should have regular cameos in games; seeing a stylised Iwata as a cheeky inventor in Zelda or Yamauchi as a school teacher would be perfectly fitting for them both.

I'd love to see Iwata (and Yamauchi for that matter) honoured by Nintendo but not naming a chip or console after them (5 years and they're forgotten about!). I think both should have regular cameos in games; seeing a stylised Iwata as a cheeky inventor in Zelda or Yamauchi as a school teacher would be perfectly fitting for them both.

3739.jpg

Why does he have no facial features in the first picture? ��

Evidentially emojis don't work here. Worth a shot.

I think it would be nice to give one of the processors that name, but for the whole console I'm not so sure... Maybe a limited edition.. so like the Wii U had a basic and premium formats, maybe they could have a deluxe Iwata edition.. a bit like the panasonic gamecube - was it called the panasonic q?

I do totally agree it would be a really good gesture to have some sort of reference to Iwata though, it would be a really nice touch.

The main hesitance I have with the whole console being named after him is relevance to the broader audience... I imagine most gamers aren't so aware who Iwata is, so the name could just seem a bit weird.

The second thing is the possibility of a flop, which wouldn't be a fitting tribute...

I know, just thought it would be a great gesture. And as for the naming, we got the "Wii" and "Wii U", this would actual be a much more mainstream name than the aforementioned (I'd buy the console simply because it was called the "Iwata" that's how credible his name is), not to mention how it would swarm social media to the point EVERYONE knew why it was called that.

Perhaps even just having a pre-loaded Mii that shows us around the interface called or having features of Iwata, I'd take anything, as long as there is some sort of gesture. The man's done nothing but make water into rainbow unicorns for Nintendo during his tenure, and before that at previous posts.

"On my business card, I am the President of Nintendo. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."

I think that says it all.

Looks awful. God I hope they don't think it's acceptable for a tiny ass screen with a couple real buttons with screen around them.

Is there any reason for this to have more credibility than any other random mockup? Who posted it?

If this IS the NX controller then it's clear they've learnt nothing and you can count me out.

It has to be fake, far too close to that patent that made the round late last year.

Those sticks look way too nubby.

Those sticks look way too nubby.

If anything, that'll be a prime selling feature. Imagine all of the fucking ero games.

VGZ0LA5.png

Edited by Debug Mode

Is there anybody who really thinks this is real?

Looks so fake and cheap, it's not even funny.

What's going on in the middle of it? Is it shiny? Is it a screen? I can't tell what I'm looking at - it's like an optical illusion.

Even I don't like it and I like most of the things :D.

I like it as controller for something, but not for a consolle. But again, it's not like I have tried it.

What's going on in the middle of it? Is it shiny? Is it a screen? I can't tell what I'm looking at - it's like an optical illusion.

It looks like some kind of dodgy decal.

I can't even tell what it's supposed to be displaying!

Looks like somebody took a phone snap of their dirty bed and then badly photoshopped onto a plastic baguette.