NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I still don't see how the NX can come out this year, unless it has an immensely poor launch line-up.

Leaked info say's its basically the same set up as ps4 and xbox one and games that run on them just need a very easy compiling and porting to NX, which if true could mean lots of games coming and already out could easily be ported ::shrug:

Zelda, new Mario, Retro Studios game and Diddy Kong Racing 2. Believe! :)

Maybe if it releases in November that would work (not that I'll be investing off the bat) But would it be followed by a software drought?

I know it's probably not what people think of when they say launch line up, but I think about the whole year and those games would struggle to get me to spring. With the regularity of Wii U titles recently I'd want some kind of assurances that the line up was still going to look appealing a year later

Maybe if it releases in November that would work (not that I'll be investing off the bat) But would it be followed by a software drought?

I know it's probably not what people think of when they say launch line up, but I think about the whole year and those games would struggle to get me to spring. With the regularity of Wii U titles recently I'd want some kind of assurances that the line up was still going to look appealing a year later

It's a Nintendo console so i'm gonna say yes. Following the drought 2 major games will be released on the same day. :D

They can also port "Game of the Year" editions of Smash4 and Mario Kart 8 with all the DLC included.

And maybe a Mario Maker port if the gamepad stays compatible.

I still don't see how the NX can come out this year, unless it has an immensely poor launch line-up.

Zelda and a 3D Mario would make for an incredible line-up just on their own! Not quite Knack levels of awesomeness, but brilliant nonetheless.

Mario 3D World went from reveal > release in like 5 months, no reason to believe the same thing couldn't happen.

Can you actually make a post praising Nintendo without getting a snide dig in at Sony and/or Microsoft?

Why?

Nintendo have announced next to no new games since E3 2014. If the rumors of the NX are true, then both portable and home console oriented teams are working on NX games.

The software drought has dragged on for so long now, that surely there'll be lots of NX games.

What I'm worried about is yet again: are they able to release the RIGHT games? Will there be killer apps that will sell hardware? Ot will it be like the Wii U, with mostly games that are kinda nice if you already have the system?

Edited by Hogge

The same people who are rabidly making and thanking posts calling for the NX to be released this year, when clearly Nintendo struggled with the Wii U launch and when we all know what a launch drought will do to the console will be the first to be scurrying around crying if Nintendo do launch this year and the there is a lack of solid launch games.

I'd much rather Nintendo launched a console when it was ready and with a solid line-up of games and a solid and steady stream of support thereafter. Rushed releases do very little for a console's chances or success.

I'd rather the NX stayed under wraps a bit longer and came out with the support it needs for a strong launch, not come out and immediately be on life support with games being drip fed to a crowd of angry early adopters who claim they have nothing to play!

Nintendo have announced next to no new games since E3 2014. If the rumors of the NX are true, then both portable and home console oriented teams are working on NX games.

We may get a couple from Nintendo, but I would have thought that there would be more leaks if third parties had dev kits and were making NX games.

I just think that Zelda and 2016 should be the end of the Wii U, not the start of the NX.

The same people who are rabidly making and thanking posts calling for the NX to be released this year, when clearly Nintendo struggled with the Wii U launch and when we all know what a launch drought will do to the console will be the first to be scurrying around crying if Nintendo do launch this year and the there is a lack of solid launch games.

I'd much rather Nintendo launched a console when it was ready and with a solid line-up of games and a solid and steady stream of support thereafter. Rushed releases do very little for a console's chances or success.

I'd rather the NX stayed under wraps a bit longer and came out with the support it needs for a strong launch, not come out and immediately be on life support with games being drip fed to a crowd of angry early adopters who claim they have nothing to play!

We're all just hoping Nintendo have learned their lesson in that regard.

If they haven't then hopefully another flop of a console will have them go just Handheld and 3rd Party on home consoles.

We're all just hoping Nintendo have learned their lesson in that regard.

If they haven't then hopefully another flop of a console will have them go just Handheld and 3rd Party on home consoles.

Actually, the Wii U launch line up was massive, it was the following months which were barren. I'd rather have Nintendo release a console six months or a year later and actually be ready.

And it's not just about learning their lesson, Nintendo are obviously going through some degree of internal strife after the death of Iwata.

As for the NX, if it is that stupid controller covered in virtual buttons, it will be a hard sell to me anyway - as whatever they launch with, I despise virtual buttons!

Actually, the Wii U launch line up was massive, it was the following months which were barren. I'd rather have Nintendo release a console six months or a year later and actually be ready.

And it's not just about learning their lesson, Nintendo are obviously going through some degree of internal strife after the death of Iwata.

As for the NX, if it is that stupid controller covered in virtual buttons, it will be a hard sell to me anyway - as whatever they launch with, I despise virtual buttons!

I've not said the WiiU launch was crap, everyone knows that until the Jan after launch it was doing great.

Nintendo definitely have to learn lessons, with or without strife they may be dealing with. They're a company and must move on.

They have to open up to western developers more, court more projects like they did with Bayonetta 2, put in features that are industry standard; both in their OS and in their games!

They must release games at a reasonable rate and get the 3rd Parties on board with ease of porting so that they don't have to be the only ones supporting the console.

There's plenty they need to do!

I've not said the WiiU launch was crap, everyone knows that until the Jan after launch it was doing great.

Nintendo definitely have to learn lessons, with or without strife they may be dealing with. They're a company and must move on.

They have to open up to western developers more, court more projects like they did with Bayonetta 2, put in features that are industry standard; both in their OS and in their games!

They must release games at a reasonable rate and get the 3rd Parties on board with ease of porting so that they don't have to be the only ones supporting the console.

There's plenty they need to do!

Yeah that's a lot to do, then give them time to get it all right, why rush it out and end up with an unfinished product where the OS needs patching in?

Yeah that's a lot to do, then give them time to get it all right, why rush it out and end up with an unfinished product where the OS needs patching in?

They'll have been working on all this the last few years though. It's not like they've just started it.

Hell, they're already rolling out the My Account thing in preparation for it (at least that's what I believe, it makes sense to me).

A lot of my hopes for release this year are based on the fact that most of the main Nintendo teams (other than Zelda) don't seem to have been doing that much in the last year or so, they won't have been too distracted by the launch and subsequent teething problems of the 3DS and they should now be familiar with HD development.

So in short I hope they have been sufficiently preparing for a release in November that has not been rushed.

My gut feeling though is that they have not been. (Based on dev kit rumours and whatnot.)

I don't know how many dev teams there are or who is responsible for what but looking from purely a game perspective, Splatoon seems like the last 'proper' release on Wii U. As the others seem like outside work, such as the porting of TP and Mario Tennis/Amiibo festival. Even Mario Maker, while great, can't have needed anywhere near the budget or team as a 'proper' new entry in the Mario series.

As I said, I'm not up on 'who's who' within Nintendo so perhaps someone with more knowledge can give an idea as to what they've all been up to. Nintendo aside, Retro have been beavering away at something since Donkey Kong TP, which released 2 years ago and was no doubt finished a couple of months before its release.

With that in mind, it seems that Nintendo's development is surely mostly in NX now, and has been for some time.

So. After that direct. After th3 incredible 3ds lime up. NX is no way a handheld is it? A hybrid at most.

If the 3DS has a lime up, does that make the Wii U a lemon?

#dadjokes

I've been looking through most of my posts tonight and pretty much all of them have stupid typos. Fuck this iPad.

I've been looking through most of my posts tonight and pretty much all of them have stupid typos. Fuck this iPad.

It's been a game in itself trying to decipher your posts for the last few months :heh:

Don't blame the iPad. I do 99% of my posting from my iPhone.

There's not much on Wii U this year but with the announcement of Paper Mario, Jpop fire emblem, recently released TP, Pokken and Mario and Sonic Olympics it certainly has a better lineup than the last year of Wii. I could see them just about getting through this year without a new console if Zelda does appear on Wii U in November. But if that happens then it'll be a March NX launch. It's hard to make a call atm. Judging by current games though, I'd definitely say a console NX will arrive before a handheld one.

So our pal Geno is at it again, now rumour mongering that Destiny and its sequel are NX bound in 2017:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/22353-insider-nintendo-and-activision-talks-bring-destiny-and-destiny-2-nintendo.html

It's on a few sites if you google it but that's the one I looked at, stranger things have happened. Haven't they?

While I'm not fussed about Destiny, the fact that Nintendo are possibly in talks to get these types of games on the platform is very encouraging.

Also, if Destiny 2 is on the cards, surely that means the NX will at least be on par power wise with the One and PS4?

So our pal Geno is at it again, now rumour mongering that Destiny and its sequel are NX bound in 2017:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/22353-insider-nintendo-and-activision-talks-bring-destiny-and-destiny-2-nintendo.html

It's on a few sites if you google it but that's the one I looked at, stranger things have happened. Haven't they?

Seems weird that they would bother bringing out Destiny next year if they're also bringing out Destiny 2 (scheduled to release next year). It's a game totally reliant on the community so if they shifted to Destiny 2, it just seems weird that they would also release the first within such a short timeframe?