NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

So basically like the Playstation/Xbox apps that you can get on your phone now then? :D

Haha, I haven't got a clue, I don't have those consoles and tbh still haven't gotten round to grabbing a smartphone, but if that's what they do, I guess so then!

I think the main thing though is if Nintendo can draw in some casual gamers with miitomo et al then it could be a basis to draw gamers onto their traditional consoles - I imagine from snippets I've already heard this happens with other publishing houses, but not 100% sure about Sony and Microsoft - so now I know they have apps for existing console owners (now you mention it I think I recall vaguely people mentioning it - probably the source of "my" idea :P), but are there apps put out by them to draw in new gamers?

all sound very believable and given the recent leaks from reputable sources and ones proved right I'm inclined to believe it

HMDI sounds very good

The bluetooth integration etc sound damn good too

The HDMI thing gives yet more credence to it being a hybrid.

The Iwata quote obviously sways away from this.

Yet I'm more inclined to believe the rumour for some reason and think a hybrid is what they're doing... ::shrug:

Nintendo Life doubts these rumours:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/02/rumour_buster_lets_clarify_some_issues_with_those_recent_nintendo_nx_predictions

Apparently the rumours are a reprint of something that came up on 4chan in Dec 2015.

But if i remember correctly, this same leaker (who they mention all the stuff he got right) also leaked via 4chan before and 4chan itself isn't a barometer for false rumours, the fairy type one i remember specifically coming up on /v/ and being spot on.

Edited by Agent Gibbs

But if i remember correctly, this same leaker (who they mention all the stuff he got right) also leaked via 4chan before

He also got some stuff wrong as well. He could be on the money with what he's leaked but he may also be wrong.

I just want Nintendo to gives us an idea what they are doing. I'm getting a bit sick of all these 'leaks' and rumours that are going about and would very much like to see some solid info straight from the horses mouth at this point.

The HDMI thing gives yet more credence to it being a hybrid.

The Iwata quote obviously sways away from this.

Yet I'm more inclined to believe the rumour for some reason and think a hybrid is what they're doing... ::shrug:

I don't see how the HDMI gives credence to the hybrid rumour. I can imagine the same thing on the Wii U (which I suppose could in itself be viewed as a limited hybrid).

Sure I see how it could be applied for a handheld (and it would be cool if the dongle worked for both) but I don't see it leans one way enough to lend "credence"

I don't see how the HDMI gives credence to the hybrid rumour. I can imagine the same thing on the Wii U (which I suppose could in itself be viewed as a limited hybrid).

Sure I see how it could be applied for a handheld (and it would be cool if the dongle worked for both) but I don't see it leans one way enough to lend "credence"

The thing that makes me think so is for the simple reason that if it was a home console then they'd just use a wire as it's cheaper and will have less latency.

A home console is generally fixed in its position so a wire makes more sense, whereas with a hybrid you'd not want to mess about with wires if it was inbetween home and on the go.

The thing that makes me think so is for the simple reason that if it was a home console then they'd just use a wire as it's cheaper and will have less latency.

A home console is generally fixed in its position so a wire makes more sense, whereas with a hybrid you'd not want to mess about with wires if it was inbetween home and on the go.

Although I do agree with you, playing devils advocate then everyone wants less wires, I mean you argument could be said about wireless controllers to some extent.

But I think the biggest bonus is being able to keep the console in one place, but easily sending the signal to different TV's around the house without having to move it.

Maybe. Like I say, I'm thinking HYBRID!!!

He also got some stuff wrong as well. He could be on the money with what he's leaked but he may also be wrong.

I just want Nintendo to gives us an idea what they are doing. I'm getting a bit sick of all these 'leaks' and rumours that are going about and would very much like to see some solid info straight from the horses mouth at this point.

You might be waiting a long time, Xbox One was only revealed a few weeks before E3. Playstation 4 was around this time last year.

Nintendo will talk about it when the time is right.

You might be waiting a long time, Xbox One was only revealed a few weeks before E3. Playstation 4 was around this time last year.

Nintendo will talk about it when the time is right.

No doubt.

I'm still hoping for something before E3, though.

Something akin to that NYC PlayStation 4 launch/media event would be incredible.

I think I'd rather they just wait until E3 and blow everyone away then. They have the potential to dominate the show, and I hope they take it.

Wasn't the general consensus a bit meh on the early PS4/XBO reveals? Everyone wanted to see games and they had to wait until E3 for that anyway.

Wasn't the general consensus a bit meh on the early PS4/XBO reveals? Everyone wanted to see games and they had to wait until E3 for that anyway.

Not sure what the general consensus was, but I found it to be perfect.

Reveal the console before E3 and at E3 reveal/show games.

I see points for both sides, but personally I'd like to know what the NX is before E3 and Nintendo to do a live E3 conference with games, games and more games.

I think I'd rather they just wait until E3 and blow everyone away then. They have the potential to dominate the show, and I hope they take it.

You make a good point about E3. Although would that require a stage show (which of course I'd be in favour of)?... Otherwise whilst Treehouse is always a potential show stealer, do we expect playable games and not just playable tech-demo's? Playable games would be a huge surprise.

Mind you, what are we expecting from Treehouse this year given the Wii U/3DS line-up? I'd expect A LOT of Zelda, which I'm going to have to stay away from.

Tbh I can't remember what went on a that PS4 event. I just remember really enjoying it and everything that came out of it. I thought there were games there, but I must be mistaken.

Edited by Retro_Link

Actually, a stage show followed by the Treehouse show with the games and developers would be an awesome E3!

I just don't see the point of splitting the hype in two, especially since the hardware reveals of the PS4 and XBO were pretty underwhelming, with everyone just wanting to see what the games were going to be like.

I just don't see the point of splitting the hype in two, especially since the hardware reveals of the PS4 and XBO were pretty underwhelming, with everyone just wanting to see what the games were going to be like.

I think the only reason people are so dying to hear about the hardware is because of all the rumours as to what it may be and Nintendo's track record of doing something different with their consoles.

I'd personally love to hear about the hardware asap, but I do agree with you that revealing all at once will make for an amazing E3.

...I hope they amaze me, I really do!

The PS4 reveal was mainly about the console and getting buy in from developers, which it did very well at. Social performance was also incredibly strong, with the total reach of the event almost twice as large as Nintendo's E3 direct that same year.

Oh, and the DDR5 announcement was hilarious. I remember how GAF went down for 10 minutes after they made the announcement :laughing: It gave them a huge advantage going into E3.

Oh, and the DDR5 announcement was hilarious.

I guarantee I will look clueless, but Dance Dance Revolution?

I guarantee I will look clueless, but Dance Dance Revolution?

It's the type of RAM that the PS4 uses. DDR5 was pretty expensive back then but Sony announced that they would use 8GB of it for their system. It was one of the announcements that led to third parties developing software with the PS4 as the priority system.

Apparently, prior to the event, third parties were told to expect half of that but at the last minute Sony went all out to win them over. Microsoft then made it even worse for themselves with the whole 'no used games' fiasco.

Kinda like sex, the longer the wait, the bigger the explosion...

I'm for a full E3 showcase - only a few months away now. :hehe:

Kinda like sex, the longer the wait, the bigger the explosion...

I'm for a full E3 showcase - only a few months away now. :hehe:

I sure hope it'll be more like E3 2014 than the two E3's prior to the release to the Wii U.

With both Zelda and the NX to reveal, Nintendo are in the drivers seat for this E3.

The only thing that could see them overtaken would be a combination of their own possible shortcomings; NX not being upto industry standard with features & spec, and if Virtual Reality really hits the floor running with games shown.

Come on Nintendo, prove the doubters, myself included, wrong!

With both Zelda and the NX to reveal, Nintendo are in the drivers seat for this E3.

The only thing that could see them overtaken would be a combination of their own possible shortcomings; NX not being upto industry standard with features & spec, and if Virtual Reality really hits the floor running with games shown.

Come on Nintendo, prove the doubters, myself included, wrong!

That alone won't be enough.

I believe that Sony and Microsoft each showed off 30-40 previously unannounced games during last years E3.

If Nintendo want people to buy a new console, when the PS4 and XBONE have quite a few years left in them, they will have to surpass that.