NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

So who else is doing the midnight launch? I'm very tempted but half expecting to jumped by a bunch of hood rats on the way back to the car.

I'll log on when I get back home, hopefully with a copy of Zelda.

Unfortunately I won't be able to add any friends as apparently typing numbers instead of letters is a physical impossibility. :laughing:

Mate, do you have any idea how long it took for me to log in?

Even though we now possibly have a fix, I fail to see how the idea of it not being fixed in Day 1 would have been evidence that it wasn't software. All it'd mean is that it's not sorted yet

I think the point is that it isn't clear either way, but it's not illogical to reach the assumption that it's not entirely software related if they've issued a software patch which hasn't fixed it.

Nintendo should really be trying to get on top of this, and say something to the people all planning to jump in with their shiny new Switches tomorrow who could face potential disappointment if they have issues like this. I can certainly see it leading to people possibly refunding the system as faulty and getting something else - which isn't going to be good for the Switch nor its future.

Money has gone , no despatch yet I'm hoping Amazon will still get it out too me but then I live in the middle of nowhere. My other half says I'm unbearable and acting like a child on Christmas Eve. I'm really excited I think it's all down to a new amazing Zelda is coming with it.

Money has gone , no despatch yet I'm hoping Amazon will still get it out too me but then I live in the middle of nowhere. My other half says I'm unbearable and acting like a child on Christmas Eve. I'm really excited I think it's all down to a new amazing Zelda is coming with it.

Well it's a Nintendo launch with one of the most well reviewed video games of all time. We're bound to all be :D

Also, we are planning it so that friends from social networking services will be listed as candidates, too.

In the future, you will be able to send a friend request to friends associated with your NNID (Wii U/Miiverse) and Nintendo 3DS.

In some games you will be able to use an in-game interface to send friend requests.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/2/14792066/nintendo-switch-friend-code-response

So you'll be able to add via NNID, but not the new Nintendo account name we all set up the other day?

That seems so illogical!

Also, do we know for sure that the friend code we will get is linked to the account rather than to the actual console? So if you log in to another Switch console, you will have the same code?

Finally got shipping confirmation from NUK.

Me too!!

Cx5b64h.jpg

Oh FUCK off. On one hand their email earlier reassures me, but then again, it also says 48 hours tracked on the email. I'm hoping beyond hope that this is a mistake.. but now have to spend the next day wondering "will it? Won't it?!"

Mine all still say arriving tomorrow. Who knows when that person ordered or where they live in relation to depots.

My accessories and 1-2 Switch still say arriving tomorrow and haven't dispatched yet. Maybe they don't have prime and that's why it says Saturday?

What's the current status of your GAME bundle, @Eddage?

I got my dispatch email today but there's no tracking number and it says it's 2 working days with free courier. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in relation to a delivery tomorrow :blank:

Me too!!

Cx5b64h.jpg

Oh FUCK off. On one hand their email earlier reassures me, but then again, it also says 48 hours tracked on the email. I'm hoping beyond hope that this is a mistake.. but now have to spend the next day wondering "will it? Won't it?!"

Aaaaand breathe again..

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/official_nintendo_uk_store_reassures_customers_on_day_one_switch_deliveries

All console orders are being dispatched Next Day Delivery - today, using a combination of couriers. The reason that confirmation emails are displaying a date other than the 03.03 is because for a pre-order, only standard delivery is available, as the time we take to dispatch can vary by product. Customers should not be concerned as no consoles are being dispatched on standard delivery - all Next Day.

So you'll be able to add via NNID, but not the new Nintendo account name we all set up the other day?

That seems so illogical!

Also, do we know for sure that the friend code we will get is linked to the account rather than to the actual console? So if you log in to another Switch console, you will have the same code?

It's actually quite confusing to me at the moment now. Obviously I'm sure it'd make more sense if I had my hands on a Switch; but it's another thing that sounds a bit messy and puts me off! Wouldn't be enough by itself as it's quite small really but add it in with other bits and I feel worried for the system...

I jumped the gun somewhat earlier, the email I got said it would be shipped today, not that it had shipped. The progress bar on the website still says 'Awaiting Dispatch' so I'm still not sure whether i'll get it tomorrow or not. Apparently they can dispatch packages up to 10pm so there is still some hope.

This is the time when the world starts to tremble and the evening sky is a crimson impending doom-red... its an absolute pleasure to be sharing these moments with you guys. If we've had any disputes, beef or whatnot lets bury the hatchet and go into this new gen arm in arm.

Feels so effing good to be alive about now... was cycling home defensively from work to ensure I reach this moment lol.

This is the time when the world starts to tremble and the evening sky is a crimson impending doom-red... its an absolute pleasure to be sharing these moments with you guys. If we've had any disputes, beef or whatnot lets bury the hatchet and go into this new gen arm in arm.

Feels so effing good to be alive about now... was cycling home defensively from work to ensure I reach this moment lol.

Mate the new gen started in 2013.

:heh:

Mate the new gen started in 2013.

:heh:

btw Are you sorted with the Switch and BOTW? Or getting it tomorrow, if at all?

Well it's a Nintendo launch with one of the most well reviewed video games of all time. We're bound to all be :D

Haha very true, I'm going to have play Pokemon moon and super Mario 3D world until it arrives. Result house to myself tomorrow morning though.

What those breeze blocks that sit under and are tethered to your TV. No mate the world has moved on, industry standard is a completely mobile console, if only Sony and Microsoft would get with the times.

btw Are you sorted with the Switch and BOTW? Or getting it tomorrow, if at all?

Can't say too much due to NDAs but just wait and see ;)

Good news everybody

You can now add Switch Friend Codes to your profile by going to User CP > Edit Your Details.

The one I've added is to test/demonstrate and not actually my friend code.