NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Can somebody explain what this means?

You can have the same account on multiple devices. You can't have two of the same account on one device. The third one is confusing... Seems to say you can't have multiple accounts on one device.... which isnt true.

Edited by dazzybee

I just received another £50 Amazon voucher from work, pre-ordered 1-2 Switch and got myself a Hori carry case. The hype is real.

I don't know how much I'll like 1-2 Switch. It intrigues me, and I know at least for a couple of evenings it'll be fun to play with the missus or something to stick on between Zelda sessions. I figured it wasn't going to cost me anything, so why not? I definitely would have got Bomberman had it been half the price it currently is, but there's no way I'm forking out £44.99, even if it is free money, on something which looks like it should be a budget e-shop title.

We could really do with a direct right about now.

Can somebody explain what this means?

It comes from the dev documentation, which I've quoted below...

The link between a user and a Nintendo Account can be removed at any time. After the link has been removed, the user can link to a different Nintendo Account. (The operating policy might put a limit on how often this can be done.)

A single Nintendo Account can be linked to multiple NX systems. (See Fig. 1) When multiple NX systems link to the same Nintendo Account, the user nickname and icon is synchronized across systems. However, the application's save data is not automatically synchronized across systems. On the other hand, it is not possible to either link multiple users to the same Nintendo Account on the same NX system (Figure 2), or to link one user to multiple Nintendo Accounts (Figure 3).

158502217_zpshdzyhlv6.png

Basically it works in exactly the same way as it does on PS4/Xbone.

Edited by Dcubed

I'm not going to be positive, just for the sake of it, when I don't feel positive about the product.

I'm not saying you should do this... but I'll leave it there as to not derail the current conversation.

It comes from the dev documentation, which I've quoted below...

Basically it works in exactly the same way as it does on PS4/Xbone.

Actually this doesn't sound quite like what the competition is doing.

As a user on my PS4 I can log in to different PSN accounts (e.g. different region accounts - seemingly you can't do this according to point 3 of what that says). Unless you setup a different user maybe...? But then I wonder if you can play games on a different user to what they were downloaded on (thinking about purchases from other region stores here).

In fact it says you must actively "link" your Nintendo account to your user profile (point 1) in order to use it, and actively "unlink" it if you wish to use another Nintendo account with that profile (e.g. a Nintendo account from a different region to get other store content). That makes it sound like a hassle (and potentially restricted on the number of times you can do this) if you wanted to grab content from another store (with a different Nintendo account).

Unless I'm missing something.

The Nintendo PR rep did, earlier, say you could have up to 8 users on a Single system, but who knows?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

the developer who leaked this as an idiot. I don't like the fact that Nintendo are so secretive on hardware specs but they still should be able to trust developers.

all this does is hurt that relationship even more.

As a user on my PS4 I can log in to different PSN accounts (e.g. different region accounts - seemingly you can't do this according to point 3 of what that says). Unless you setup a different user maybe...? But then I wonder if you can play games on a different user to what they were downloaded on (thinking about purchases from other region stores here).

In fact it says you must actively "link" your Nintendo account to your user profile (point 1) in order to use it, and actively "unlink" it if you wish to use another Nintendo account with that profile (e.g. a Nintendo account from a different region to get other store content). That makes it sound like a hassle (and potentially restricted on the number of times you can do this) if you wanted to grab content from another store (with a different Nintendo account).

I presume the easiest thing would be to have two user accounts, each linked to a different regional store.

Then you can just switch* between them.

*Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!

Sounds the same to me. As the same user, you can just log out of one Nintendo Account and then log into another if you want to switch eShop regions. Alternatively, you could just set up different users for each eShop region.

As for being able to play as a different user who doesn't own that content? Well there's no mention of whether or not you can do that, but you can do it on Wii U, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to here.

Edited by Dcubed

Sounds the same to me. As the same user, you can just log out of one Nintendo Account and then log into another if you want to switch eShop regions. Alternatively, you could just set up different users for each eShop region.

As for being able to play as a different user who doesn't own that content? Well there's no mention of whether or not you can do that, but you can do it on Wii U, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to here.

No it says you can't just log out of your Nintendo account as a user and log in as another, rather you must actively 'unlink' it from a Nintendo account and then 'link' it to another (it also says the amount you can do this may be restricted).

It also doesn't say what will happen regarding multiple user profiles on one Switch. On the PS4, if I log into another PSN of a different region I can download a game, then log into my normal PSN and play it. This way, I can carry on talking to my friends and earning trophies on my main PSN account while playing the foreign-obtained game. No word if the Switch can do this. As an example of how this could be a problem, see the Vita.

Edited by Sheikah

So on switch you'd have to create an American version of yourself or a Japanese version of yourself. But they can all be on the same system.

Yep, pretty much. I'm gonna have three profiles for myself, one for each region. I just hope that doesn't change if you can play your downloaded games or not. Probably not, but anyway, region lock is gone! I'm just happy about that. The Switch might take over as the niche game system of Japan, like Vita is today.

So on switch you'd have to create an American version of yourself or a Japanese version of yourself. But they can all be on the same system.

This is basically fine so long as you can log back into your main UK profile with a UK Nintendo account and still play the games you bought on a foreign profile and Nintendo account. The manual linking thing leaves me a bit worried that Nintendo don't want to do this (since they might be limiting how often you could link and unlink a given profile with a Nintendo account).

If not, and you need to play the foreign downloaded games on the Nintendo account you bought them, there'll be no online play (since your subscription will be on a UK account) or access to your currently logged friends/achievements while playing the game, which sucks.

Edited by Sheikah

You could always just get BOTW on the Wii U - why get a Switch for launch (assuming you are) if you have zero excitement for it..!? I don't mind the negativity, it's just this illogical train of thought I can't understand.

People are clearly already upset with the Switch and it's apparent lack of features, and make it apparent on this board everyday... yet some have traded in stuff for half the price they bought it just to get the Switch for launch. This is what frustrates me - having the attitude of having zero excitement for the Switch when there is clearly something that appeals to you.

Because

1. Like I said, I like the look of the kit itself. I'll get portability and won't have to use a controller I hate.

2. I never said I'm upset with a lack of features, personally, although I think some omissions were poor business decisions on Nintendo's part. The game roster is where I'm disappointed.

3. I want to play the best version I can of the new Zelda

4. I've leant my Wii U to some friends, and might even sell it

5. I don't want to give any more money to Nintendo for anything Wii U related.

Edited by Shorty

This is basically fine so long as you can log back into your main UK profile with a UK Nintendo account and still play the games you bought on a foreign profile and Nintendo account. The manual linking thing leaves me a bit worried that Nintendo don't want to do this (since they might be limiting how often you could link and unlink a given profile with a Nintendo account).

If not, and you need to play the foreign downloaded games on the Nintendo account you bought them, there'll be no online play (since your subscription will be on a UK account) or access to your currently logged friends/achievements while playing the game, which sucks.

I see what you're saying. On Wii U you can play all games on the system whichever user it is; but they don't' have proper accounts so who knows. To be honest I doubt it....

So on PS4 you can create a new user but link it to the same account? So basically the same user but different nationalities?

I see what you're saying. On Wii U you can play all games on the system whichever user it is; but they don't' have proper accounts so who knows. To be honest I doubt it....

So on PS4 you can create a new user but link it to the same account? So basically the same user but different nationalities?

On PS4 I have created another user profile with a different, foreign PSN account associated with it. If I log in as the foreign account and download a foreign game I can play the content on my main PSN account even though I downloaded it on a different account.

I'm pretty sure I can log in on to different PSN accounts on the same user profile too (I could on PS3). I just keep them separate for convenience.

On PS4 I have created another user profile with a different, foreign PSN account associated with it. If I log in as the foreign account and download a foreign game I can play the content on my main PSN account even though I downloaded it on a different account.

I'm pretty sure I can log in on to different PSN accounts on the same user profile too (I could on PS3). I just keep them separate for convenience.

So in affect it's a completely different account then; but it lets you play it as it's on the same device? If that's true then I can see the same thing with this. It does that on Wii U already so I reckon it'll work!

Cancelled all my back up orders now so I don't get accidentally charged for 3 Switch's. It hit me last night that in just a little over two weeks I'll be playing BOTW on the new Nintendo console, need to try and keep excitement in check until a few days out, otherwise it'll be impossible to focus on anything else.

This is what needs clearing up. Those leaks don't confirm that's the case.

Presumably you're not supposed to be signing up for foreign accounts and using them to get around region locks, so Nintendo don't really have to make it easy...

Presumably you're not supposed to be signing up for foreign accounts and using them to get around region locks, so Nintendo don't really have to make it easy...

There are no region locks though.

So why not just download the game on the UK store?

Not every game will come out over here, not to mention that it'll be good for getting VC games in 60hz that get released in 50hz over here.