NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I think they accidentally a word there.

Im guessing they wanted us to fill in the blanks. :laughing:

Whats your top 10?

In no particular order I want to see:

1) Luigi's Mansion

2) Pikmin 1 & 2

3) P.N.03

4) Resident Evil 0 & 1

5) Mario Sunshine

6) Ocarina of Time: Master Quest

7) MGS:Twin Snakes

8) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicaes

9) Zelda Four Swords (online mode)

10) Metroid Prime 1&2 (Couldn't get into the 1st and havent played the 2nd)

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

Also in that gamecube joycon mockup, surely the right joycon analogue needs to be yellow....

Oh neat, the Pro Controller comes with a USB A to USB C cable. That means we don't have to hunt for ones so we can charge the Switch from our portable chargers

Im guessing they wanted us to fill in the blanks. :laughing:

Whats your top 10?

1) Luigi's Mansion

2) Pikmin 1 & 2

3) P.N.03

4) Resident Evil 0 & 1

5) Mario Sunshine

No Pokémon Channel? For shame

Edited by Serebii

Also in that gamecube joycon mockup, surely the right joycon analogue needs to be yellow....

Definitely would not be my number one concern!

Whats your top 10?

1) Luigi's Mansion

2) Pikmin 1 & 2

3) P.N.03

4) Resident Evil 0 & 1

5) Mario Sunshine

Off the top of my head:

Paper Mario: TTYD, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin 2 - Because I never played those before

Baten Kaitos Origins - Because it never came out in Europe

F-Zero GX - Anything to make it hip and mainstream enough to get an online port made

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - It's criminal that one of the most accessible games in the franchise is also the most expensive and hard to find. Make that shit affordable, yo!

Soul Calibur 2 - With online. I know it's been done on the other consoles, but those didn't include Link! Nor were they made for systems that I own :heh:

Skies of Arcadia: Legends - Because that game never gets enough love

Viewtiful Joe 1&2 - Another franchise that could use more love

Baten Kaitos - Because I don't want @drahkon to kick more baby kittens off a bridge, or whatever is it that he promised :heh:

@Jonnas Yes, yes! Reminding me of the gems I didn't play too - Baten Kaitos and TTYD being two and I have yet to complete Skies of Arcadia! : peace:

My list is something like this, although to be honest they don't actually have to be the GameCube versions (ie. I'm happy with the Wii U ones of Zelda):

1. Wind Waker

2. Twilight Princess

3. Skies of Arcadia

4. Metroid Prime

5. Metroid Prime 2

6. F-Zero GX

7. Super Mario Sunshine

Both are great games, but Echoes is all the better if you've mastered the first one. Not an easy task, but worth it.

@Jonnas Yes, yes! Reminding me of the gems I didn't play too - Baten Kaitos and TTYD being two and I have yet to complete Skies of Arcadia! : peace:

I played Baten Kaitos. It appealed at first, but the random nature of not knowing which cards you'd be dealt did spoil it for me. I know others love it.

For me, Skies of Arcadia is the best RPG on the GameCube, but you know what? It actually deserves a full HD remaster!

Whats your top 10 [GC games for Virtual Console]?

In no specific order..

Wave Race: Blue Storm

F-Zero GX

1080 Avalanche

Metroid Prime

Mario Kart: Double Dash

Luigi's Mansion

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Ikaruga

Mario Smash Football

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I'd also really like to see Kirby Air Ride as I don't own it and only ever played it briefly one time! I obviously wouldn't be against seeing Super Mario Sunshine too but, having played it recently, I feel it would benefit more from an HD remaster that fixes several of the issues I have with it :smile:

Now that I think about it, I'd also love to see Super Monkey Ball, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil and Killer 7, amongst others. The Gamecube really was awesome :love:

For those games that have LAN support on GC, or even those that just have standard multiplayer, the addition of online would be very welcome too : peace:

Speaking of online, I've been thinking a little bit about it recently, partially in regards to FIFA but also voice chat.

Having got a PS4 towards the end of 2016, I felt that I didn't really care if FIFA came to Switch as I could always just get the presumably superior PS4 version anyway. However, I haven't bothered with PS+ and don't currently feel like I will so the online portion of FIFA 17 is locked off to me. It's probably more likely that I would invest in Nintendo's online service, whatever it may be, so that probably opens the door for something like FIFA to actually catch my interest on Switch as it would be great to play online multiplayer with some of you guys in it as well as other games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 :hehe:

Regarding voice chat, I can't pretend to be an expert on the subject as I've rarely ever used it and haven't even really seen it in action. To be honest, I feel like the smartphone app solution could absolutely be the right option for Switch.. but let me explain :heh:

I'm not sure if this particular aspect has been discussed but if voice chat was built into the system, where exactly would you plug the headphones? ::shrug:

If you put the headphone socket on the Switch, it would work for handheld mode but obviously not when docked. You could put one in the Joy-Con grip but then what happens if you're playing with a single Joy-Con? You can't exactly put a headphone socket in every single Joy-Con, both left and right, but if you did, where would you even put them without it getting in the way and still be accesible while attached to the Switch. There's also the problem of playing something like Arms with motion control where swinging your arms would be a disaster if you had headphones attached to one of the Joy-Cons.

With all of that in mind, surely the smartphone app actually seems like a great solution? :hehe:

If you put the headphone socket on the Switch, it would work for handheld mode but obviously not when docked. You could put one in the Joy-Con grip but then what happens if you're playing with a single Joy-Con? You can't exactly put a headphone socket in every single Joy-Con, both left and right, but if you did, where would you even put them without it getting in the way and still be accesible while attached to the Switch. There's also the problem of playing something like Arms with motion control where swinging your arms would be a disaster if you had headphones attached to one of the Joy-Cons.

With all of that in mind, surely the smartphone app actually seems like a great solution? :hehe:

I read somewhere that you can still use the headphone port on the Switch when it's docked so if you have a headset with a particularly long cable then you'd be able to use it. I think not having a headphone jack on the Pro controller and the Joy Con grip is a big oversight, it would have been quite easy for them to implement but I guess would have added more cost to the unit. Unfortunately even if they had I don't think they would have implemented system wide voice chat unless every controller also had a microphone and a speaker just because Nintendo are awkward like that, so if you look at things from their perspective the smart phone app probably does look like a great solution but everyone else is just confused that they don't give you the option of using a headset on the system.

I like your picks for Gamecube VC but I think that like Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness is a game that would really benefit from an HD remake and a bit more polish, the voice acting still stands up for the most part but the visuals look a bit ugly now and the game never controlled particularly well so i'd love to see if upgraded a bit.

And i'll happily play FIFA online on the Switch, I loved playing it on Wii U but on top of the fact it was a rubbish version and the servers were shit there were never enough people online so i'm really hoping things are different with the Switch version.

@Grazza @nekunando Awww gents, you're bringing back the old glory days...:love: So many gems on the GC, I don't think we (well myself at least) truly appreciated it in its time.

Gamecube VC would seal the Switch for me as an all-time classic regardless of third party support.

Eternal Darkness and Killer 7 are also games I missed. Want to also get into the weirder stuff like Doshin the Giant... Back in the GC days I was in my 20s and broke, so it would be amazing to relive that generation fully.

Edited by King_V

If they did Phantasy star V2 on the cube virtual console I'd buy the machine.... twice.

If they did Phantasy star V2 on the cube virtual console I'd buy the machine.... twice.

THIS! :D

PSO would become my staple game yet again until the end of time. :heart:

I'm not sure if this particular aspect has been discussed but if voice chat was built into the system, where exactly would you plug the headphones? ::shrug:

I thought about that, for a physical connection you are spot on. However, I believe the switch has wireless abilities, no? so just use wireless headsets.

So we're talking about GameCube games in the Switch thread now? Not that I mind seeing them on the VC.

Anyway, I hear people speculating about an incoming Nintendo Direct, since apparently they closed down the 2nd floor of the NYC Nintendo store this weekend.

I've said a direct this week for ages, most logical time; but losing down the store is the worst reason for it to be speculated; it's ALWAYS speculated when this happens and it's never ever the reason.

As for Gamecube games, my list depends on whether they'll add in online or not... I'm sort of hopeful they will after the SNES news, I mean surely it's any easier for SNES games than Gamecube?!

But I don't have any different suggestions to anyone else on here. I will say that although I think it's the worst 3d Mario, I have been eager to play Mario Sunshine again, and with Odyssey coming in the autumn I do wish it was a launch game to fill my 3d platforming urges.

Add in Episode 4 + 4 player local multiplayer + online = me pouring another 100s of hours into the game.

I don't know, I get the gut feeling GC VC is a long way off still.

I think a lot of you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I don't know, I get the gut feeling GC VC is a long way off still.

Very possibly. My problem is that all I really want to play is Zelda at the moment so I hold out hope for the GC VC so I'll actually have something else to play.

The 3 Gamecube games that are rumoured to be ported to VC are Mario Sunshine (seems a bit daft considering we have a new Mario game coming to Swith) Luigis Ghost House (makes sense as there were rumours of this being a Switch game so probably Chinese whispers and it wad this all along) and Smash Bros.

Would be great if they announced just before launch that these will be available day 1.

Add in Episode 4 + 4 player local multiplayer + online = me pouring another 100s of hours into the game.

Not only hundreds, for me it would be thousands of hours with all that added content plus online. :D

Even if, for arguments sake the Switch only lasted five years then I'd likely play an upgraded version of Phantasy Star Online for an hour nearly every day, if not more so that's at least about 2000 hours there for me I'd say. : peace:

Anyway, it's nice to dream. :love:

Tagline of the Switch right there.