NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

You're obviously forgetting about this bad boy.

05d270c28e19aa81cbe2038cc8a7f2b4.jpg

I still regret not buying one of those when I saw it on ebay a few years ago for my collection.

In hindsight, do you guys feel the Switch would have fared better releasing in time for Christmas 2016 (or even Christmas 2017)?

I remember the argument that releasing a console 'mid-gen' will be no good because gamers of other consoles are already fully invested within their own consoles ecosystems... I still don't believe that to be an issue, if anything, the biggest barrier I see at the moment with shifting Switches is the lack of a killer title outside of BOTW.

In hindsight, do you guys feel the Switch would have fared better releasing in time for Christmas 2016 (or even Christmas 2017)?

I remember the argument that releasing a console 'mid-gen' will be no good because gamers of other consoles are already fully invested within their own consoles ecosystems... I still don't believe that to be an issue, if anything, the biggest barrier I see at the moment with shifting Switches is the lack of a killer title outside of BOTW.

Holiday season is always more desirable but the whole killer titles thing at launch really isn't make or break. When do console launches ever have multiple killer titles?

PS4 had Killzone. I repeat Killzone.

Holiday season is always more desirable but the whole killer titles thing at launch really isn't make or break. When do console launches ever have multiple killer titles?

PS4 had Killzone. I repeat Killzone.

I tend to agree - but in the case of BOTW, people have the choice to buy the Wii U version. 1-2 Switch, Just Dance and the slew of Indie games isn't whats gravitating people to buy the console. I think Nintendo could do with a strong launch coming off the back of the Wii Us failings.

Edited by King_V

I tend to agree - but in the case of BOTW, people have the choice to buy the Wii U version. 1-2 Switch and the slew of Indie games isn't whats gravitating people to buy the console. I think Nintendo could do with a strong launch coming off the back of the Wii Us failings.

I agree.

They should have delayed the Wii U Zelda

I agree.

They should have delayed the Wii U Zelda

Why? Would it have made that many people buy a Switch? It certainly wouldn't have convinced me. I'd either have waited or not bothered at all.

Why? Would it have made that many people buy a Switch? It certainly wouldn't have convinced me. I'd either have waited or not bothered at all.

Yeah, I think another game is the solution.

N64 - Pilotwings, Mario 64, (Turok, Fifa 64)

GC - Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, Rogue Squadron (Sonic Adventure 2, Fifa 02, Extreme G)

Wii - TP, Red Steel, (Wii Sports, Rayman, Need for Speed)

Wii U - NSMB, Nintendoland, Zombie U (Assasins Creed, Sonic Racing, Batman, Tekken Tag)

Not sure if the launch quantity correlates with overall system success but there is an astounding difference in launch software options versus the Switch.

(Damn we were spoiled with the GC launch, launch window and first year...:( )

Edited by King_V

Anyone here heard of Gameseek? Looks like they're doing an offer soon where you can pre-order the Switch for £198.50 (in-line with them honouring their pre- price announcement pre-order price).
Sweet, Thanks!

You're obviously forgetting about this bad boy.

05d270c28e19aa81cbe2038cc8a7f2b4.jpg

Oh no, that was my first thought. I quickly substituted the keyboard for a screen... and it just looked wrong.

I guess if the dpad and c stick sat slightly over the screen it works a tiny bit better

2ZuDrkx.png

(10 seconds in mspaint but.. basic idea).

Still don't think it looks good, but could be sweet for vc games.

Close and personal - apparently HD Rumble in MK8 Deluxe

The Neon Switch looks so good :yay: The grey versions looks much less appealing!

£60. Jokers

Well that's worrying as that will be the same price in the eShop.

£60 for digital games lol

Yeah Nintendo are living in a fantasy land where they think people are happy to pay that.

How can any company sell digital content for a higher price than physical content with a straight face?

How can any company sell digital content for a higher price than physical content with a straight face?

It's ridiculous. Sony (and possibly Microsoft) do it too* and it always makes me wonder who is actually buying the games digitally for that price. Surely no one.

*Thought I'd get in there before Ronnie. Trololol etc.

As far as I know a lot of the time the digital prices are higher because publishers are still trying to keep stores happy. You have to assume its going to happen less and less until one of the companies finally go digital only but for the moment thats the reasoning I had always heard.

but since they have digital codes in stores... surely they can cut out the physical copy costs for both themselves AND stores... leaving the profit margin for stores?

Having digital codes in stores only helps the situation, doesn't really fix it. It's the used game market that's makes the stores a lot of their money which is why physical games are so important to them.

I won't claim to know the ins and outs of the situation though. I'm just repeating what I've heard games journalists talk about over the years.

19 Days To Switch!

Mudabitches!

I think this is where a port to the Switch at launch would have helped both Capcom and Nintendo.

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

In the UK, it's simply the case that digital games are sold as the full RRP, whereas game stores sell for below RRP.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/273813-nintendo-3rd-party-switch-reveals-soon-several-online-services

On that lineup, Zelda looks terrific, but there isn’t many games for day one. Does that not concern you?

Takahashi Certainly we look at it not just from the perspective of what are the games available on launch day but what we have from a lineup perspective not just from this year but into next year aswell. And speaking just about this year we have our launch games, Zelda and 1-2-Switch, and we’ve lined up so we’ve got great games launching in each season of this year. We’ll have Mario Kart shortly after launch, Arms in the Spring, the lineup continues after the holiday. This time we feel we’ve launched a system that has great games at launch in Zelda and 1-2-Switch but also a very strong lineup through the end of the year aswell.

Koizumi As you know we’ve been focussed on development on first party games, but with Nintendo Switch we’ve also put a lot of energy into making third-party cooperation possible, and that includes a lot of attention paid to the development environment that we are provided to these partners as well as the middleware we create for them. Soon you will a lot more announcements from third-party partners