NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Right, so if I trade my Nintendo stuff in, which doesn't get played at all, I could get Switch plus Zelda for maybe £20 at most.

The only things stopping me are the lack of info about this online app and not knowing if we'll need our WiiU or 3DS for any reason to do with Virtual Console and eShop purchases...

What do you think guys? ::shrug:

Right, so if I trade my Nintendo stuff in, which doesn't get played at all, I could get Switch plus Zelda for maybe £20 at most.

The only things stopping me are the lack of info about this online app and not knowing if we'll need our WiiU or 3DS for any reason to do with Virtual Console and eShop purchases...

Why do you think guys? ::shrug:

Go for it!

Get a Switch on day 1, play Zelda as it launches and regret nothing! :awesome:

Why do you think guys? ::shrug:

I'd say just wait and see, pre-orders haven't completely filled in Europe so you should be able to sort one out closer to launch and we'll probably find out more news about the online and virtual console in a direct before launch. Better that you wait to find out more about the things you're unsure about than buy it and end up disappointed.

Sounds like a good deal - I say do it for the fact you won't be shelling £300+ and the value of your items may quickly decline upon the Switch's release.

Purchases should be tied to your NNID, I don't think they'll be any kind of system transfer this time.

Mate. You know, I know, we all know you're going to do it :D Get that shit traded in and order the switch and relax and get excited about owning a new console!! The purchases are all tied to your account, there'll be no console transfers this time!!

The Switch does seem like a natural 'Wii 2' successor. Its almost like the entire Wii U gen was a prototypical cocoon phase for Nintendo, especially when you consider their own first party support. (no 'real' Mario, Metroid, Zelda et al and platformers galore).

Mario 3D World seemed very real to me. Amazing game, level design perfection IMO.

I'd say if you choose to trade in, not down your Wii U number code bit, just in case. And make sure you unlink the NNID or w/e they want to have done! don't want some randomer getting all your eshop stuff/deleting your NNID completely.

Indeed. Makes the Wii U gamepad look like a protocol. Although I did enjoy using the gamepad.

The Switch does look sleek!

This is going going to sell itself once it's out in the wild. People on buses, trains, tubes, in schools, universities etc will see this and stop to look.

You see people playing Mario kart or better local co op Mario kart and suddenly smart device games ain't cutting it.

Aesthetically Nintendo have nailed it this time.

Yep. I will most definitly play this on the bus and be a good ambassador. And I work at a realy nice high-tech telecom company here in Norway, so it'll get a lot of attention at work as well :).

The Switch does seem like a natural 'Wii 2' successor. Its almost like the entire Wii U gen was a prototypical cocoon phase for Nintendo, especially when you consider their own first party support. (no 'real' Mario, Metroid, Zelda et al and platformers galore).

Very true. Mario was good, but I think everyone must know what you mean by not "real". No Metroid at all, and no Zelda of its own. Ironically though, Switch won't be much good for 2D platformers as it doesn't have a d-pad!

I'm too cautious to do this, but generally I think it's better to keep up-to-date. Unless you're a real retro fan, it's better to keep the past in the past. There are some games that transcend this, but that's why there are remakes.

If you're going to do it, I would recommend two things:

1) How many eShop games do you have? Ask yourself how many you'd actually be bothered about if you did lose them. Worst case scenario: would it be a case of just buying a few SNES games again?

2) Insure yourself as much as possibly by having an up-to-date Nintendo Account, not just an NNID; and, as others have said, unlink your NNIDs before you get rid of your consoles.

Do it.

That is all.

God damn the Wiiu gamepad is ugly compared to that.........man i wish i didn't want to keep my WiiU for WWhd and TPhd now

This is going going to sell itself once it's out in the wild. People on buses, trains, tubes, in schools, universities etc will see this and stop to look.

You see people playing Mario kart or better local co op Mario kart and suddenly smart device games ain't cutting it.

Aesthetically Nintendo have nailed it this time.

I strongly concur. In the packed tubes here in London, when people play videos and games its eye-catching enough - the clamshell design of the DS and 3DS hid the screen - but the Switch, with its sexy design complimented with colourful joycons... They will be extremely pleasing to the non-gamer or Nintendo curious/'burned' eye.

God damn the Wiiu gamepad is ugly compared to that.........man i wish i didn't want to keep my WiiU for WWhd and TPhd now

Face reality... they're coming to Switch first WWhd in 2018, then TPhd in 2019 with a Zelda BotW follow up in 2020..21. also on Switch2. 2022.

I strongly concur. In the packed tubes here in London, when people play videos and games its eye-catching enough - the clamshell design of the DS and 3DS hid the screen - but the Switch, with its sexy design complimented with colourful joycons... They will be extremely pleasing to the non-gamer or Nintendo curious/'burned' eye.

Is it? It's so frequent I don't even pay attention. I only really notice if people have got a physical book nowadays.

Thats probably the only reason why I am keeping mine.

Edited by Blade

Is it? It's so frequent I don't even pay attention. I only really notice if people have got a physical book nowadays.

Said like a proper Londoner!

See, you can just tell reading some of the comments above who doesn't live in London.

Tablets are everywhere on Public Transport and no-one gives a toss.

I notice people who play on 3Ds or Vita to be honest; and definitely something new and different like Switch will catch peoples eyes. People don't pay attention to tablets because they are so frequent and our eyes are used to them, but something different and people will wonder what it is; it looks impressive then it could really help it!

I notice people who play on 3Ds or Vita to be honest; and definitely something new and different like Switch will catch peoples eyes. People don't pay attention to tablets because they are so frequent and our eyes are used to them, but something different and people will wonder what it is; it looks impressive then it could really help it!

I'm not so sure about that. In handheld mode, it looks just like another tablet. I doubt it'll turn many heads. (Unless you turn the volume up, but doing that on a bus makes you the worst kind of twat)

The only way I could see it getting a lot of notice is if you bust out tabletop mode, but unless you've got access to one of those trains with tables, you're not doing that easily.

Said like a proper Londoner!

See, you can just tell reading some of the comments above who doesn't live in London.

Tablets are everywhere on Public Transport and no-one gives a toss.

Yes they are. Just seeing someone play a Zelda or a Mario Kart on a portable beats the hell out of someone playing candy crush.

Imagine 4 of you sitting at a table on a train and having a multiplayer Mario kart match. The raucousNess will certainly attract some attention, though not necessarily all good. The eight player multi screen multiplayer is brilliant. Will be like the old days all sitting round a room full of pc's playing Quake.

This console is starting to feel like Nintendo wanting to bring motion gaming to the handheld market. But it also is like a mash up of Wii/WiiU/3DS taking all the best bits from each console. Hopefully ordering mine today, I do quite like the idea of going a buying one at midnight (never done that before) but worried I might not get one. Is that likely?

Sounds like a good deal - I say do it for the fact you won't be shelling £300+ and the value of your items may quickly decline upon the Switch's release.

Initially yeah, but if you think about how poorly the WiiU's done I can imagine with its supply going even further through the floor it might actually end up appreciating within a year or two. What happens is some silly sucker with some money decides they fancy buying/playing a WiiU? How easily/at what price will they be able to find one?

I'm in way too deep with Wii U to sell it on. I still have about 10 games in my backlog to finish.

Plus, yeah, due to the low sales it's going to be a nightmare to find in future and I've made the mistake of selling systems and games to fund new ones before.

Still trying to rebuild my N64 and GameCube collection.

I'm not so sure about that. In handheld mode, it looks just like another tablet. I doubt it'll turn many heads. (Unless you turn the volume up, but doing that on a bus makes you the worst kind of twat)

The only way I could see it getting a lot of notice is if you bust out tabletop mode, but unless you've got access to one of those trains with tables, you're not doing that easily.

What tablet has controls either side? Plus the kinds of game that'll be played on it.Plus those neon joy cons!