NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Do go on! Anything you'd like to see?

It's interesting that we had a Fire Emblem one before a console specific one. It makes me wonder if we'll get another 'I.P themed direct' at any point.

Detective Pikachu :p

I'm expecting the next episode of that, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Japanese eShop launch title

Well considering he "heard" 3rd parties were going to have surprises at the switch presentation I wouldn't put too much stock into it :D

Bomberman wasn't a surprise to you???

Also when did I say that? :p

So regarding Fifa does that mean it's not coming out anytime soon if they are showing it at E3? I assumed because it was a big part of the presentation that it would be a launch window game. Now I'm thinking it will launch with Fifa 18 in October, that's a long time to wait!

It makes sense to release fifa when fifa 18 launches on all platforms.

So regarding Fifa does that mean it's not coming out anytime soon if they are showing it at E3? I assumed because it was a big part of the presentation that it would be a launch window game. Now I'm thinking it will launch with Fifa 18 in October, that's a long time to wait!

The game is blatantly coming along with all the other version. Rightly so I think. Although personally I'd love one straight away, I think it being at the same time, hopefully as well featured as the other versions would put it in the best position for success. EA will be looking for any excuse not to bother with it.

Detective Pikachu :p

I'm expecting the next episode of that, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Japanese eShop launch title

Bomberman wasn't a surprise to you???

Also when did I say that? :p

I'm certain you said there were loads of surprises for the presentation, and particularly 3rd parties. Didn't you?

Bomberman was a wonderful thing (though the biggest surprise was the price). But come on, 3rd parties are currently worryingly limp!

The game is blatantly coming along with all the other version. Rightly so I think. Although personally I'd love one straight away, I think it being at the same time, hopefully as well featured as the other versions would put it in the best position for success. EA will be looking for any excuse not to bother with it.

I'm certain you said there were loads of surprises for the presentation, and particularly 3rd parties. Didn't you?

Bomberman was a wonderful thing (though the biggest surprise was the price). But come on, 3rd parties are currently worryingly limp!

IIRC, I was telling people to expect little third party stuff

It makes sense to release fifa when fifa 18 launches on all platforms.

I get that a Fifa game mid season could be problematic, but personally I want to play Fifa on the Switch right now, not in bloody November.

Anyway, now it's been confirmed that the games that are playable as part of the online subscription are only available for that month (so it's more of a rental/trial) I expect the yearly fee to be much closer to £20 than £40.

Are Gamecube games on VC a thing or just a rumour?

Switch is bloody crazy. I love everything about the hardware, for me it's right up there with the N64 on terms of the kind of leap forward, but the games situation is baffling. I'll still probably pick one up day one, mostly just to have on my ski trip, but as yet there are no games I want to buy at launch. Really hoping there are some surprises in store.

I get that a Fifa game mid season could be problematic, but personally I want to play Fifa on the Switch right now, not in bloody November.

Anyway, now it's been confirmed that the games that are playable as part of the online subscription are only available for that month (so it's more of a rental/trial) I expect the yearly fee to be much closer to £20 than £40.

Are Gamecube games on VC a thing or just a rumour?

Switch is bloody crazy. I love everything about the hardware, for me it's right up there with the N64 on terms of the kind of leap forward, but the games situation is baffling. I'll still probably pick one up day one, mostly just to have on my ski trip, but as yet there are no games I want to buy at launch. Really hoping there are some surprises in store.

To be honest I'm hoping the subscription is even less than that, 10-15 quid at most (actual value I can get it at rather than RRP). I pay about 31 or so for a year of PSN by comparison. If you're only getting 1 game and only for a month, and voice chat is done through your phone, I can't such the value in it being much more.

Maybe I misconstrued!

But still, I'm sure you've said a few things and none of it has turned out to be right :)

Though I expect a direct in a couple of weeks too.

Maybe I misconstrued!

But still, I'm sure you've said a few things and none of it has turned out to be right :)

Though I expect a direct in a couple of weeks too.

Pfft, I've given lots of people here a heads-up on when news is coming

Believe what you will :p

Pfft, I've given lots of people here a heads-up on when news is coming

Believe what you will :p

Be specific, let's see it happen, and then you can be the forum ITK.

A direct in a couple of weeks is not a heads up, it's an obvious guess considering there's still so much we don't know and Reggie said he'd tell us soon.

You said...

Na, there's going to be a lot shown, especially from third party partners. However, I think people are expecting too much

And for the conference, you and Dcubed said this.

Well, from what I know, people shouldn't be disappointed.

From what I know, people shouldn't be disappointed either (well, unless it's about F-Zero. Because I have no idea about that at least).

You and Dcubed clearly have some shoddy sources if they thought people weren't gonna be disappointed with the line up/conference. :D

Yeah how did you come to know a lot would be shown from third parties Serebii? That is literally the exact opposite of what happened lol.

Serebii in things turning out to not be true shocker?! No way! :p

A direct in a couple of weeks is not a heads up, it's an obvious guess considering there's still so much we don't know and Reggie said he'd tell us soon.

Old news anyway, as Ronnie's already told us the same!

Also I realise this will probably overlap both threads but to move the conversation on a bit - Retro's posted in the Zelda thread reporting that BotW won't have HD rumble on the Switch. Personally think that's quite a huge gap given the HD rumble is something they've touted for the system.

EDIT: Didn't actually finish this post before posting - for those who are intending to get a Switch on launch - how does this, if at all, affect any decisions/thoughts you have on it?

Edited by Rummy

You said...

And for the conference, you and Dcubed said this.

You and Dcubed clearly have some shoddy sources if they thought people weren't gonna be disappointed with the line up/conference. :D

I guess I forgot that people get disappointed with everything :p

Nice try but you ain't wiggling your way out of this one. :p

I can't tell, are you saying that the third party showing was indeed good? :shakehead

Ok, I'm fully paid up member of the coloured Switch fan club. I'm gutted I pre-ordered the grey one now

Ok, I'm fully paid up member of the coloured Switch fan club. I'm gutted I pre-ordered the grey one now

I am actually stunned you didn't opt for a colourful version to begin with tbh. :heh:

I ordered both straight away so I didn't make a silly mistake. Phew! Coloured all the way (but I am buying extra grey joycons anyway so doesn't really matter)

Imagine being @david\.dakota who has bought two switchs and BOTH are grey! What a gimp!

I still really don't like the coloured version. It makes perfect sense in a multiplayer context but for me I would much rather have them the same colour instead of the two different ones.

I still really don't like the coloured version. It makes perfect sense in a multiplayer context but for me I would much rather have them the same colour instead of the two different ones.

Same...I don't think it really pulls it off, having three colours. The grey makes it look like a proper piece of kit.

I pre-ordered a coloured one from The Game Collection about five days after the presentation so I doubt that'll actually happen for release day. May try and high street GAME or something early on the 3rd.

To be fair, what I heard could still well be in the pipeline. I'm surprised that it wasn't shown, but it could well have been saved till E3 for all I know (or it could just be bogus :p ).

Either way, it's from a developer that we haven't seen announce their Switch projects yet, so who knows? I expected it to be there, but for whatever reason it just wasn't ::shrug:

For what it's worth, the info I was given came from the same source that told me about Rabbids meets Mario RPG and Pokemon Stars; which were both no-shows but do have evidence of being in the works. So take from that what you will.

Also I have no idea why anyone would pick grey over red/blue. Grey is so boring! Also, how the hell are you supposed to tell who's player 1 or 2? If anything, we need MORE colours, not less!

Edited by Dcubed

Also, how the hell are you supposed to tell who's player 1 or 2? If anything, we need MORE colours, not less!
Shape of the JoyCons. A brain.