NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

And will he expect an apology if they don't?

I didn't call him a blind fanboy.

And what does the website say now, at the later date? That the full details are coming after launch - the website page follows on from what was said in the conference. It's an explicit reference to it and what we're talking about now ;)

I read the above, and assumed you were joking. Then read this...

Considering the conference referenced the website and the website seems to be quite clear

I guess not :| So you think Kimishima saying "we will announce details at a later date" was referring to the website saying "more details at release"?

Edited by Ronnie
Automerged Doublepost

Yes, but complaining about it, then buying the console anyway, then complaining again doesn't solve anything.

Complaining does an awful lot, actually. Bear in mind that Nintendo have made zero sales on the Switch so far, just like Microsoft had made zero sales of the X1 when it reacted to the complaining after its reveal.

Already more Switch games seem to have been announced for launch which feels like a reaction to the launch lineup complaints.

So in short, be quiet. :)

I didn't call him a blind fanboy.

No, you asked for an apology if Nintendo do announce online features in a direct prior to launch since this would prove him wrong and you right. So, if Nintendo don't announce these features prior to launch, you will admit you were wrong, right?

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

So in short, be quiet. :)

It's come up before but can I ask people to refrain from trying to shut down conversations like this? Whether the intention or not? It's actually quite rude and offensive, and I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it the other way around.

No, you asked for an apology if Nintendo do announce online features in a direct prior to launch since this would prove him wrong and you right. So, if Nintendo don't announce these features prior to launch, you will admit you were wrong, right?

I will absolutely admit I was wrong. I won't apologise because I've nothing to apologise for.

It's come up before but can I ask people to refrain from trying to shut down conversations like this? Whether the intention or not? It's actually quite rude and offensive, and I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it the other way around.

A counter to this, bob was suggesting people shouldn't bother complaining (a thing we have seen time and time again around here). Shutting down shutdowns is literally the only acceptable use of shutdowns. :grin:

A counter to this, bob was suggesting people shouldn't bother complaining (a thing we have seen time and time again around here). Shutting down shutdowns is literally the only acceptable use of shutdowns. :grin:

Suggesting someone not buy the console at launch, or complaining about people complaining, is definitely very much NOT the same as directly asking/telling someone to be quiet on a discussion forum. I'm going to say it once more, a last time - avoid doing it.

Suggesting someone not buy the console at launch, or complaining about people complaining, is definitely very much NOT the same as directly asking/telling someone to be quiet on a discussion forum. I'm going to say it once more, a last time - avoid doing it.

No, not the suggesting people not buy it at launch, it was his second comment which very much suggested that people shouldn't be complaining (as it was pointless). It was for all intents and purposes, a suggested shutdown of the complaints.

I think we should all follow @Ashley's suggestion during the PS4 Pro debacle and wait until facts come out, before moaning.

Either you've completely changed as a person or you're being a huge hypocrit with this statement. In the build up to rumours you wouldn't shut up about how Sony are screwing over fans by making them buy a new console and yada yada yada and then when it was unveiled you complained it wasn't a sufficient upgrade even though it was very much in line with all those rumours and called it a failure based on your own assumptions that you made in spite of strong evidence, yet alone before any kind of facts were released.

By all means, people shouldn't write something off until they know everything, but they should be able to express concern/suggest how it could be counter-productive or harmful to the Switch in the absense of confirmed facts. It's called discussion. You don't get to spend months complaining about something without facts to then turn around and tell people not to do the very same thing now.

From what I've seen nobody has consigned Nintendo to history because they won't release online information until after launch. Some people may, as bob suggested, simply not buy it, but by and large people just seem to be saying "that's not right". Until we get either sufficient confirmation for you (apparently the site isn't enough) that it won't be announced until after launch or we get confirmation of a direct before launch people will be speculating. THAT is kind of the whole issue at play - there's an information vaccum that has been dragging on for two years. The information is fine for you in this situation, but others are allowed to express dissatistifaction with the possibility because that's all we have at the moment - possibilities.

tl;dr once again you don't get to dictate conversations based on what you like. Disagree with them, sure, but don't tell them not to speculate without confirmation when you yourself are prone to speculating without confirmation.

Suggesting someone not buy the console at launch, or complaining about people complaining, is definitely very much NOT the same as directly asking/telling someone to be quiet on a discussion forum.

This is a pointless argument btw. :p

Edited by Sheikah

No, not the suggesting people not buy it at launch, it was his second comment which very much suggested that people shouldn't be complaining (as it was pointless). It was for all intents and purposes, a suggested shutdown of the complaints.

Actually what I meant was that it was pointless to complain, and then buy the console anyway. Companies don't give a shit if you complain if they know you're going to give them money anyway. If you're not planning on getting the console at launch, complain away.

Also maybe Microsoft did a 180 on a lot of things because nobody was pre-ordering the Xbone?

Actually what I meant was that it was pointless to complain, and then buy the console anyway. Companies don't give a shit if you complain if they know you're going to give them money anyway. If you're not planning on getting the console at launch, complain away.

Also maybe Microsoft did a 180 on a lot of things because nobody was pre-ordering the Xbone?

I don't think it is. People complained about X1, they changed it before sales could even happen.

Even if people go on to buy it, complaining should be listened to if Nintendo want to make money.

Xbox's disastrous E3 was so bad they had to reverse course and change things. Switch's hazy online details isn't quite on the same level.

Xbox's disastrous E3 was so bad they had to reverse course and change things. Switch's hazy online details isn't quite on the same level.

I actually think they have started listening already with the extra launch games being announced.

Just seen on GAF that Trump may impose a tax on the gaming industry for non American products and games, which is similar to a policy that the Brazilian currently have.

Obviously this would hurt Nintendo and Sony quite a lot.

Well, shouldn't it hurt Xbox as well? The consoles are made in Shanghai, China, and I think the taxes will be included if it is manufactured abroad. That is why he keeps going on about more jobs to the US and such. The brand might be american, but the products sure aint.

On a side note: The Switch has built in Bluetooth. Does that mean I can connect my bluetooth headset for audio? If yes, that'd make my day!

@Ronnie, if they announce the details before release I'll be happy... but I won't apologise as I don't feel I've anything to apologise for.. I think you are a fanboy, whether they announce the details before or after launch.

You ridiculed my suggestion they'll talk about it before launch calling me a blind fanboy, but fine mate, whatever.

You ridiculed my suggestion they'll talk about it before launch calling me a blind fanboy, but fine mate, whatever.

Tbh you are being kind of blind if you want to totally discount the official line from the company on their official page on their official website and suggest they'll u-turn on it with a Direct in a couple of weeks.

Other than it being stupid, what are people quite this upset about? Just general - nintendo still not communicating/messaging properly and being frustrated by them and not trusting them; or specific details about online? I mean, we'll be able to play online; probably have to wait until late summer/autumn to get the voice chat, free game and such. We don't know the details of pricing and how it works precisely, but we kind of know.

Personally, I want to know what's going on with VC, past purchases and accounts more.

Just seen on GAF that Trump may impose a tax on the gaming industry for non American products and games, which is similar to a policy that the Brazilian currently have.

Obviously this would hurt Nintendo and Sony quite a lot.

Time for a re-surgence in excellent British development talent?

Well, shouldn't it hurt Xbox as well? The consoles are made in Shanghai, China, and I think the taxes will be included if it is manufactured abroad. That is why he keeps going on about more jobs to the US and such. The brand might be american, but the products sure aint.

On a side note: The Switch has built in Bluetooth. Does that mean I can connect my bluetooth headset for audio? If yes, that'd make my day!

It'll hurt everyone as it hurts the whole industry - though it's possible he may make exceptions for companies he finds more 'american'. Tbh when it comes to Trump and the USA right now I'm honestly worried that almost anything is possible, regardless of if it makes sense!

As for Bluetooth...I'd like to say I hope so but thinking about Nintendo I wouldn't expect it! It's a bit niche anyway, surely? Unless you're talking about for voice chat - I think that will solidly be limited to going through the phone app.

Personally, I want to know what's going on with VC, past purchases and accounts more.

I think it's that we all want to know more things, on a variety of fronts, and with just barely over 5 weeks to go the fact we're not getting answers - or indeed that we're specifically getting an answer AFTER launch - is what's bugging people.

Considering the thread - a number of people actually seem to like the Switch from a hardware PoV - just not so much from a software one. All these questions, whilst some may be able to get over the launch software, add into a vague and hazy mess of lack of information. It's not that we can al say we definitely will or will not get the Switch - it's that we honestly can't really make such a judgement without the information! That's my take on it, at least. Remember we're all here essentially because of Nintendo - we still want them and their products to do well, and do well for us - but it's difficult when you just don't know enough!

Edited by Rummy

Could someone delete the last couple of pages... What the actual fuck.

Also: How awesome would it feel to have a clip unload in your hand and slam a new one back in with HD rumble.

Edited by Retro_Link

We don't know the details of pricing and how it works precisely, but we kind of know.

Not revealing the price is definitely a huge issue.

Just to wind this back. Nintendo have said they will launch a new paid for online system whereby you receive monthly games as part of the service. This will include party chat. So pretty much exactly what Xbox Live & PS+ offer. Isn't this what everybody wanted? It's frustrating that they have not decided/revealed what the cost of this will be, but it's pretty obviously going to be somewhere between £20-£40 per year. The voice chat app is probably the only way to go about it considering the console is also portable. So they have given us what we want in the only way that is feasible and the stuff they are not telling us is either blatantly obvious that it probably doesn't require confirmation or is within a margin that will be indifferent to 99% of users.

Not revealing the price is definitely a huge issue.

Really? A HUGE issue!

If it turns out to be £80 a year that's a huge issue. If it's £30 then that's not an issue at all, it's just a minor frustration that we don't actually know it yet.

I tell you what if it's more than £45 a year, I'll pay your subscription and if it's under £20 you can pay mine.