NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

As for Wave race and Excitebike, and F Zero and 1080 for people who want that; they have a series of games that don't get made much, and will target a very different demographic. They have their fan base, how big that is who knows, but it would be incredible to see new versions of those... please Nintendo, you have loads more developement time now you have one platform, give us the niche titles!!!

The likes of 1080 and Wave Race tend to be small, almost arcadey games - which I've always imagined didn't cost too much to develop and thus always made a good profit when released at good times ie launch/holiday.

These are the sort of realistic games I feel Nintendo need to push out to people a bit more, especially seeing as it seems they are trying to target an older audience with the Switch.

So, the My Nintendo pre-orders in Japan went up and, unsurprisingly, sold out within hours (the site also crashed).

On the upside, a certain message came up while the site was down, and so meet Nintendo's newest meme: "Nin-Zilla";

C21K5iPVEAARRO3.0.jpg

:D

The more I think about it, I'm think Fifa will be the only EA game we see on Switch unless it does big numbers. We can't be getting FIFA 18 if Switch Fifa isn't available at launch and 18 will be out in October. It's starting to feel like EA are fulfilling their obligations and nothing more.

The more I think about it, I'm think Fifa will be the only EA game we see on Switch unless it does big numbers. We can't be getting FIFA 18 if Switch Fifa isn't available at launch and 18 will be out in October. It's starting to feel like EA are fulfilling their obligations and nothing more.

even if switch is amazing, globally loved and sells 200 million.. EA would probably only give it token support. lower frame rates, simpler textures, missing modes etc. Did they really support the Wii properly?

even if switch is amazing, globally loved and sells 200 million.. EA would probably only give it token support. lower frame rates, simpler textures, missing modes etc. Did they really support the Wii properly?

http://www2.ea.com/uk/wii

70 games here. Publishers don't leave money on the table. If EA believe there is a market for software they will release games.

If think it's better fifa is released when fifa 18 is released but you are right fifa being released doesn't mean much as they have to release at least one game.

Personally I think it's possible that we see their Star Wars gaming rights put to good use here, alongside the sport franchises.

Other than that, I don't really care for EA on the Switch. Yes, it would be great to have them onboard, but I think this is one of the many reasons Nintendo have to have a contingency plan. We know that 80+ other titles are in the works from other parties, but at the end of the day, I don't play Nintendo systems for the latest shooter in the greatest resolution: I play for the heart in their own games.

So again, as important as third parties are - and acknowledging how well utilised their policy on indie gaming is working for them when compared to other systems - after what happened with the Wii U, I'll be surprised if they don't have some back-up plan of their own to keep the system in the green. That could mean spreading games out for optimal revenues (such as distancing tentpole releases and having VC and indie games fill the gaps between those first party tentpole games), but unlike the Wii U, tent pole games seem to be every 1-3 months as opposed to 3+ months. Just a thought.

But Ubisoft and many other developers seem to really be onboard. Let's see how they manage with first party titles (this will be what decides how we view the launch year, in my opinion, not the third party titles) between now and next March before passing judgement. EA are known for poor servers and going against fan wishes too, let's not forget.

It was just called FIFA too. Not FIFA 18 and will be a 'custom' release.

FIFA 09 on Wii was the last good FIFA on a Nintendo platform, and seeing how they just released 'legacy editions' (appalling!) on 3DS and just had FIFA 12.5 on WiiU; I have no faith in EA's relationship with Nintendo (or Nintendo's support to EA).

It was just called FIFA too. Not FIFA 18 and will be a 'custom' release.

FIFA 09 on Wii was the last good FIFA on a Nintendo platform, and seeing how they just released 'legacy editions' (appalling!) on 3DS and just had FIFA 12.5 on WiiU; I have no faith in EA's relationship with Nintendo (or Nintendo's support to EA).

They haven't even announced Fifa 18 period. EA were never going to announce Fifa 18 first at the Switch reveal.

Personally I think it's possible that we see their Star Wars gaming rights put to good use here, alongside the sport franchises.

I think it's highly unlikely that we'll see any Star Wars games in Switch. Not while EA have control of it, anyway.

Slightly confused. Where are you getting this idea that there would be a FIFA game released on switch before FIFA 18. That would be disastrous idea from EA as the football season is more than halfway through. Nobody would be buying FIFA 17.5

FIFA 18 will be announced for switch once they announce it for all platforms.

Let's see if Konami announce Pro Evo soccer 2018 for switch. They ignored Wii U even though they would have had the market to themselves.

Edited by khilafah

I think it's highly unlikely that we'll see any Star Wars games in Switch. Not while EA have control of it, anyway.

I think that depends on the direction of the games as a whole. Battlefront II is almost certainly going to have a campaign after just how criticised the first EA instalment was, and the other games alluded to at this point seem to be mainly story-heavy as opposed to online-heavy (like so many of EA's games).

Slightly confused. Where are you getting this idea that there would be a FIFA game released on switch before FIFA 18. That would be disastrous idea from EA as the football season is more than halfway through. Nobody would be buying FIFA 17.5

FIFA 18 will be announced for switch once they announce it for all platforms.

Let's see if Konami announce Pro Evo soccer 2018 for switch. They ignored Wii U even though they would have had the market to themselves.

Aren't PES/FIFA huge games now due to kits/stadia/commentary?

May have an impact on what we get?

Yup...

FIFA 32.5GB

PES 18.1 GB

EDIT: Titanfall 2 Developer stated you won't see it on switch:

"No, you’re not going to be able to fit Titanfall 2 on the Nintendo Switch.”

Titanfall 2 is 32GB.

Doesn't fill me with confidence regarding EA support.

Edited by tapedeck

I think that depends on the direction of the games as a whole. Battlefront II is almost certainly going to have a campaign after just how criticised the first EA instalment was, and the other games alluded to at this point seem to be mainly story-heavy as opposed to online-heavy (like so many of EA's games).

But EA aren't going to tone them down to make them run on the Switch.

I presume playing online will all work but not the voice chat and stuff. A bit bonkers

I don't understand why nothing seems like it's ready for launch.. ::shrug:

They want it out before fiscal year end. They told shareholders it would be.

dy9LPfE.jpg

More details about online after launch, from their Official site

Oh dear. They are handling this awfully... it's getting worse and worse!

Switch.png

I know for most of you guys this isn't really good, but for me this is really great when it comes to first year, but also beyond that.

It's from reddit.

But EA aren't going to tone them down to make them run on the Switch.

I wasn't suggesting toning them down in any way. Visceral, Respawn, etc. - everyone but DICE - are working on story-heavy games.

If you mean in terms of graphics? We already know that the Switch can run 1080p 60fps when docked. 720p could be a potential problem, I agree, if holding the graphics back.

Switch.png

I know for most of you guys this isn't really good, but for me this is really great when it comes to first year, but also beyond that.

It's from reddit.

I wouldn't put my faith in that list until you actually have the games in front of you.

If you mean in terms of graphics? We already know that the Switch can run 1080p 60fps when docked. 720p could be a potential problem, I agree, if holding the graphics back.

I mean due to how the Switch is nowhere near as powerful as the PS4 or XBO. Resolution and framerate have nothing to do with it.