NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I'm not letting them off the hook, I'll be furious if I can't play Fifa on the Switch. But as I've just said there is too much nonsense on here along the lines of "if Switch can't do everything a PS4 can plus better and be cheaper too then it's not worth buying and if the games aren't exactly the same as the PS4 versions they are not worth buying.

Here you're just detailing why Nintendo have an uphill battle with 3rd parties though. And I'm not saying you're wrong but Nintendo need to give customers a reason to buy the 3rd party titles.

In the switch's case, that's the portability. I don't think anyone minds a bit of a graphical downgrade of the PS4 version to get it portable but to start removing features would be too much of a trade off in my eyes.

I suppose that begs the question doesn't it: What can you compromise in a game to make it run on the switch without losing it's spirit?

Yeah who has asked for that?

No one's who wants Nintendo to release a powerful console ever put tablet controller into the conversation.

It's part of the system and a very expensive part at that. If Nintendo did make Switch as powerful as PS4, what would everybody say... "it's too expensive"

Do people really want an exact replica of the PS4? What would be the point?

Of course they have. Every comment like "I'll get the PS4 version as it's got better graphics" "If it's not cheaper than the PS4 I won't buy it" "If it doesn't have party chat I won't buy it" are saying exactly that. People want everything the other consoles have plus all the extra Nintendo stuff but cheaper.

I just raised it because as yet I haven't seen anybody saying "unless PS4 let's me take my games with me I'm buying the Switch/version"

People may have asked for individual things (i.e. better graphics, good battery life etc) but I haven't seen one comment on this board where a forum member has asked for ALL of the following things in one post:

-Amazing battery life

-Portable tablet

-More powerful than PS4

-Standard online features

-Cheap

People may ask for one or more of these things but everyone has a different wish list. The users of this board are unique and as such all have their own requirements. If someone genuinely wants all of those things in one package then quite frankly they need to get their head screwed on.

To see Nintendo being able to push the boundaries with First Party games again - without seeing games already look outdated.

Whether the console is underpowered/overpowered/or the same as the competition, I don't see Third Party games selling on it very well anymore - so it's a bit of a moot point.

Nintendo having more hardware power to make their software better. Both graphically and mechanically (i.e. better AI, larger and more vibrant worlds with better quests, etc.). I want Nintendo to push their limits and hardware's limits. We all know that they are one of the best when it comes do software but I want them to be THE VERY BEST...ehem. I'd like to see them push boundaries. Edit: @Retro_Link used the exact words...:D

I personally don't care much for portabilty. I do, however, see the Switch's appeal. But I'd much rather have a new Nintendo home console with a lot of power.

I also see how the Switch will most likely fly off the shelves (mainly in Japan) because of its portability. It's just that I don't care for everything I've seen so far.

My money is on it being Fire Emblem. It just makes too much sense and I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

As sona s I heard I thought Fire Emblem too, absolute no brainer and then free up intelligent systems to make Switch Wars!!!

Nvidia CEO on Switch:

Good praise... but should we worry about the bold bit? I doubt friend-codes will return but does this suggest a lack of social features..?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/prepare_to_be_blown_away_by_nintendo_switch_says_nvidia_ceo

As soon as I read it I thought no party chat or extensive online/sharing features!!!

The majority of people on here are clearly going to still buy 3rd party games on their non Nintendo console, which makes the Switch very much their portable gaming device. In which case voice chat and social features are not so much of an issue as you won't be using them when out and about.

I really don't get the logic of people wanting versions of games that are excactly the same as PS4/XB1, just buy those games on those systems if you already own them. Nintendo are offering a new and unique system which offers some really great benefits to gamers. But it's always the same old "I'm not buying the Switch version as the graphics won't be as good"

Why not "Switch" the argument around and say I am buying the Switch version because of the things that game can't do on another console. My point is each console offers a certain amount of uniqueness but it always seems on here that whatever the benefits offered by Sony and Microsoft are always used as the most important features.

I said this a bit ago about PS4 owners saying no 3rd parties is a deal breaker. Makes no sense!!! However, if it does have 3rd parties I'll buy them all on the switch over PS4 easily! Probably even if they're slightly gimped too!!!

Plus think about Nintendo mlitplaye titles, people want online/sharingchat on those!!

Edited by dazzybee
Automerged Doublepost

If you get your party chat features will you be buying these games? Which one will be your priority?

For me it would have to be Splatoon. I'm hoping they have sorted the game out so you can switch loadouts in the lobby. Having to back out of a game to do this is just stupid.

If the Switch has Party Chat I'll buy it and all 3 of these. I'd play on Splatoon most... but it'll not take the majority of my game time up unless, like you say, they improved features of the game itself too.

No chance in hell at the mo it'd replace Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 1 as my main multiplayer games!

So 2 million wont be enough?

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271487...info-on-gamest

Our inside source, the same source that gave us the info on the advertising and stuff like that. He said "Getting the switch at gamestop might be a bit of a difficult endeavor because it seems that, not all, but a good majority of gamestop stores are not going to have to many switch units to go around"

Full Video Here

https://www.youtube.com/watchv=hCvqoil3GH8

As for what the switch isn't. I really hope after Friday, people have their bitch and moan, and than accept for the switch is. Or not accept, but at least move on. If it isn't for you, fine, if it is, great. But I hire all these Nintendo need a PS4 Pro powered machine, or I wish I wasn't forced a handheld, etc etc It is what it is, Nintendo are doing what they feel they must do to carve out a business.

I'm hoping that it launches closer to the end of March so their 2 million units for the fiscal year estimate only applies to a few days or a week and that they ship more at the beginning of April, it would be insane if we get into another NES Mini situation.

With third party games we could kind of get into a catch 22 situation, if EA release a gimped feature less, PS3 level version of FIFA 17 at launch then a lot of us aren't going to want to buy it but will have to buy it to ensure they continue to release FIFA games on the platform, otherwise we just get into a Wii U situation again. But if the gimped version sells well then we will think it acceptable to shaft Nintendo users again. I really hope they wait on FIFA and just release FIFA 18 in September alongside the other consoles, then I think a lot more of us would be interested.

I'd like to see Pokémon Shuffle and Nintendo Badge Arcade shifted over, with progress transfer/cloud progress at or soon afterlaunch

I'll prob have the Easy Allies on during the Switch presentation, but a Skype group could be fun too :D

I'd like to see Pokémon Shuffle and Nintendo Badge Arcade shifted over, with progress transfer/cloud progress at or soon afterlaunch

Someone doesn't want the obscene amount of money poured into those to go to waste, huh?

Some info from today's GameStop conference where the Switch was mentioned (stolen from reddit):

•Friday pre-orders will go live, and you'll be able to pre-order the switch and games (no word on the online/in store pickup though)

•Nintendo has only slated stores for 10-15 pre-order units per store (here we go again, NES classic all over again)

•Breath of the Wild will 100% be a launch title.

•Zelda accessories are coming out for the switch at launch.

•Amiibos for botw will be out 2-3 weeks before switch launch.

•A 3D Mario game is coming out at launch as well, but no name was given for the title.

•Gamestop will be getting pre-order promotional material between now and Thursday this week for in store advertising.

•Gamestop is stating a March 17th release date for the Switch.

•Gamestop has the SKU's for the units, but no pricing from Nintendo at the moment.

Her special move involving a giant microwave cooking masses of enemies?

That sounds a lot more sinister than I meant it to.

That's exactly as sinister as I'd want it to be. And I wouldn't put it past Koei Tecmo.

Remember the scene in Twilight Princess where Twili Midna uses her tear to break the Mirror of Twilight? You know, that kinda sad scene. They made that her best attack! @Dcubed and I couldn't believe what we were seeing!

Yeah, I stopped touching Badge Arcade because I'm just presuming it's 3DS only so what's the point. Came was too late the life, but if it's for switch too then perfect, happily dive back in!

Random thought, I'd like to see a new Pilotwings for the Switch launch.

It occurred to me we probably won't be hearing about that many games on Thursday. I wouldn't be surprised if it only showed off games released until June, so launch line up and a few launch window games, then at E3 they can reveal the big guns.

Random thought, I'd like to see a new Pilotwings for the Switch launch.

It occurred to me we probably won't be hearing about that many games on Thursday. I wouldn't be surprised if it only showed off games released until June, so launch line up and a few launch window games, then at E3 they can reveal the big guns.

I believe that the initial presser said something along the lines of 'we will be showing off games that are in development' as opposed to specifically launch window games, so hopefully get a taste of things to come as well as the first few first party titles.

Pilotwings 3DS was fantastic, so yeah I'd be all in for that.

I'd like to see Ice Climbers reimagined as a story driven adventure/exploration game too. Nintendo's Uncharted/Tomb Raider as it were.

I'm hoping that it launches closer to the end of March so their 2 million units for the fiscal year estimate only applies to a few days or a week and that they ship more at the beginning of April, it would be insane if we get into another NES Mini situation.

With third party games we could kind of get into a catch 22 situation, if EA release a gimped feature less, PS3 level version of FIFA 17 at launch then a lot of us aren't going to want to buy it but will have to buy it to ensure they continue to release FIFA games on the platform, otherwise we just get into a Wii U situation again. But if the gimped version sells well then we will think it acceptable to shaft Nintendo users again. I really hope they wait on FIFA and just release FIFA 18 in September alongside the other consoles, then I think a lot more of us would be interested.

EA should wait until Fifa 18 and Madden 18. Switch doesn't need those titles now.

Tricky one, obviously we don't want every surprise now but at the same time, I'm sorting of feeling in depth looks at launch games then, a trailer for a couple of bog games this year, then a trailer reel of loads of games to get everyone excited!!!

I believe that the initial presser said something along the lines of 'we will be showing off games that are in development' as opposed to specifically launch window games, so hopefully get a taste of things to come as well as the first few first party titles.

Good.

Consoles don't sell on launch lineups. They sell on promise. If they sold on launch window, then the PS4 wouldn't have sold well.

I'd like to see Ice Climbers reimagined as a story driven adventure/exploration game too. Nintendo's Uncharted/Tomb Raider as it were.

2s65vdj.jpg

Pilotwings 3DS was fantastic, so yeah I'd be all in for that.

That does sound good!