NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Anyhow.... I think it's a good price, about the same as Wii U if I'm not mistaken, and the date is perfect - the day after my 30th birthday. :D So if true then I'm happy. If it's later, no problem either.

15844350_547765518745617_5120073830614641172_o.jpg?oh=4a1ed0278c5490d61e8d9035ba75ba8d&oe=591708ED

1UP Studio (formerly known as Brownie Brown - the team that programmed Mother 3) are hinting at having something to show at the Switch event...

Oh, BTW, the FB post message roughly translates saying "an interesting year with new stuff coming to the world"

I wonder what it could be... ;)

Edited by Dcubed

True, but I think people are more likely to compare it to other Tegra devices. Personally I was quite happy expecting it to be nothing like the PS4, but then we had Eurogamer's report, which claimed it's far more limited than a standard X1. I'm still really looking forward to the Switch, but I think any technical criticism of it will be along those lines rather than PS4/Xbox One.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

Yeah but they also said there are so many unknown elements. They're just hypothesising. I believe it'll be far more capable than that article is assuming. They're just looking at raw numbers, and they only tell half the story

Edited by Serebii

Come on. I said it could be done in the last generation. I didn't say it'd have been exactly the same as it is. You're splitting hairs just because I don't follow your own views

Nothing like getting dragged down to the lowest bar.

Let me ask you this, would you be happy if the switch as a handheld was similar to the 3DS or do you want something more. A higher res screen, more power?

That Mario 3D World level is one of my faves...

15844350_547765518745617_5120073830614641172_o.jpg?oh=4a1ed0278c5490d61e8d9035ba75ba8d&oe=591708ED

1UP Studio (formerly known as Brownie Brown - the team that programmed Mother 3) are hinting at having something to show at the Switch event...

Oh, BTW, the FB post message roughly translates saying "an interesting year with new stuff coming to the world"

I wonder what it could be... ;)

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO YOURSELF!?

Nothing like getting dragged down to the lowest bar.

Let me ask you this, would you be happy if the switch as a handheld was similar to the 3DS or do you want something more. A higher res screen, more power?

The Switch IS more powerful, than both the 3DS and Wii U.

In a handheld form factor. Personally I find that extremely impressive.

The Switch IS more powerful, than both the 3DS and Wii U.

In a handheld form factor. Personally I find that extremely impressive.

So do I. I was referring to Serebii saying vr could of been done on last generation hardware which may well be true but why aim low.

@Serebii, there have been rumours going around recently that there may be another warriors game in development. Do you think a Pokémon Warriors game could work?

@Serebii, there have been rumours going around recently that there may be another warriors game in development. Do you think a Pokémon Warriors game could work?

Not before my Pocket Monster Hunter!

I could see it working though. There's plenty of material there.

Koei Tecmo might actually use a more interesting variety of Pokemon than Game Freak...

Not before my Pocket Monster Hunter!

I could see it working though. There's plenty of material there.

Koei Tecmo might actually use a more interesting variety of Pokemon than Game Freak...

Yeah, well they'll need hordes of something for the genwuns to cut through.

Literally nobody is going to buy Switch because they are looking for an upgrade on their PS4. It's two main selling points are being an HD handheld, so a huge advance on the 3DS and it's portability as a console, so the ability to play current gen games anywhere.

The choice people will have to make when buying their next FIFA/COD etc is do I want the better looking PS4 version that is tethered to my tv or a graphically inferior version that I can play anytime, any place, anywhere. I don't think you can say one is better than the other it's a lifestyle choice.

My plan is to continue as is. Fifa/Halo on the Xbox and the exclusives on the Switch. Isn't that what everyone does these days? :p

My plan is to continue as is. Fifa/Halo on the Xbox and the exclusives on the Switch. Isn't that what everyone does these days? :p

The option has not been then before. Halo isn't an example as it's exclusive to Xbox. What are your reasons to buy FIFA on Xbox rather than Switch assuming they are like for like with game modes?

That would be nice. I would like that

However, Koei Tecmo actually went to TPC with that idea in 2009 and they declined due to it being too violent and went back with the idea of crossing Pokémon and Nobunaga's Ambition, which then became Pokémon Conquest.

It could still happen, but I'm unsure.

The option has not been then before. Halo isn't an example as it's exclusive to Xbox. What are your reasons to buy FIFA on Xbox rather than Switch assuming they are like for like with game modes?

Existing friends lists, controls, network infrastructure, graphics...take your pick.

Existing friends lists, controls, network infrastructure, graphics...take your pick.

I get friend lists although don't you generally play against strangers in FIFA (certainly in ultimate team you do) the rest is gobbledygook to me. Controls? It's FIFA the controls are the same for all the consoles, network infrastructure...really? Graphics is the point of the discussion. Would you choose a better graphics tethered to your TV or inferior graphics that you can take on the go.

I get friend lists although don't you generally play against strangers in FIFA (certainly in ultimate team you do) the rest is gobbledygook to me. Controls? It's FIFA the controls are the same for all the consoles, network infrastructure...really? Graphics is the point of the discussion. Would you choose a better graphics tethered to your TV or inferior graphics that you can take on the go.

Network infrastructure is HUGELY important! Both stability in the network, network features and social features, as well as number of gamers online... it was impossible playing some game modes on CoD on WiiU!

Network infrastructure is HUGELY important! Both stability in the network, network features and social features, as well as number of gamers online... it was impossible playing some game modes on CoD on WiiU!

If people cared about network stability, then the PS4 wouldn't be the best selling console. The PSN is horrific for that

If people cared about network stability, then the PS4 wouldn't be the best selling console. The PSN is horrific for that

I'm talking about a stable connection online. When online everything is smooth and fast, it's very stable.

It's just it gets attacked and taken down, luckily I've never gamed when it's been down though so I've never noticed.

You say that but I can't remember the last time it went down for me and I'm on my PS4 a lot.

The DDoS attacks on both PSN and Xbox Live are down to them being popular services used by tens of millions of users daily.

Has the Nintendo Network ever been targeted?

Nice to see you pick out one aspect while ignoring all his other points, because you feel that's an argument you can win. Not that PSN is unstable anyway. It's always people like me and lostmario, i.e. people using the network religiously and so would actually know, that correct you on this!

What say you to his points about network and social features, and player base?

Even if you ignore all my points, I don't see FIFA as a game that lends itself well to handheld anyway. It feels far more suited to playing on a TV with friends around you while drinking a beer, or playing online on a big screen. I don't even know how the online would work if you took the Switch outside.

Edited by Sheikah

Someone wake me up on Thursday when we can stop picking holes with everything Nintendo do and will actually have something interesting and fun to talk about.

Someone wake me up on Thursday when we can stop picking holes with everything Nintendo do and will actually have something interesting and fun to talk about.

We'll have something interesting and fun to pick holes in :heh:

At the moment, I probably won't be getting up to watch it live and will instead catch up on all the news on Friday evening when I get home from work.