NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Also, Rayman Legends? Seems a bit daft. Is this the same Rayman game that was supposed to be released exclusively for the Wii U within the first months of its life?

Indeed it is!

Has anyone pre-ordered their console yet? I've heard GAME are accepting pre-orders and I want to be sure that I'll be playing on a Switch day one.

Also, Rayman Legends? Seems a bit daft. Is this the same Rayman game that was supposed to be released exclusively for the Wii U within the first months of its life?

Rayman Legends was my first taste of Wii U at a demo unit in HMV and it didn't help at all with my poor first impression of the system so I certainly won't be excited about a potential port of that :heh:

In fact, I recently picked up Rayman Origins on Wii for £6 having sold it a few years ago for £10 after not really enjoying it. As it turns out, I still don't particularly like it :hmm:

I was in Game yesterday and they are taking deposits for Switch.

I'm waiting until we know what skews are available. I ended up pre-ordering 3 Wii U's as they kept releasing better bundles prior to launch.

It's mad to think I was pre-ordering a Wii U months before launch and yet we won't even know what we can order for Switch probably less than 60 days before release.

I'm waiting until we know what skews are available. I ended up pre-ordering 3 Wii U's as they kept releasing better bundles prior to launch.

It's mad to think I was pre-ordering a Wii U months before launch and yet we won't even know what we can order for Switch probably less than 60 days before release.

I was going to put a deposit down in store this week but you'd recommend waiting until after next week's presentation before pre-ordering?

Seems strange they're taking pre-orders when we don't even know what options are available. What if there is a basic and premium available, which would you get if you'd already put money down?

Never understood this, surely better to order somewhere that doesn't take a deposit? I remember getting my Wii and 3DS early this way too.

The very last console I pre-ordererd physically in-store was the Wii... :blank:

...well, plus the original Xbox 360 technically but only because of the stock shortages elsewhere. :hmm:

After that though, no more as I went online exclusive for most of my consoles from then as I used to order from Play.com until they went bad and I ended up ultimately getting most of my games machines from ShopTo despite them branching out like Play, at least they still seem mostly reliable for gaming items on the whole. :)

More recently the Nintendo Store UK as well which despite being effectively run by Zavvi are actually better than their main site, probably because Nintendo's reputation is on the line as well. ::shrug:

I can understand people wanting to buy at a physical store but at the same time, you do pay a premium for this as well, especially where Game are concerned. :wink:

They were good years ago during the N64 to GameCube era but there are just too many viable, better alternatives to them now, for me personally anyway. : peace:

I just worry this thing will be hard to get at launch and want to guarantee one on release day.

I still worry Nintendo will fail to deliver for me, it'll be heartbreaking to not buy a Nintendo console. :(

I just worry this thing will be hard to get at launch and want to guarantee one on release day.

I can understand and respect that. : peace:

I've tentatively pre-ordered with Shop-To but am prepared to Switch my pre-order if there's a better offer from Nintendo Store UK or even Tesco... if we are stocking it... if the discount is worth it... but again it would be an online pre-order. :)

I do miss that feeling of going to the store on launch day but then again, getting your console early from an online order is great too. :D

I expect I'll probably be preordering. I'll just wait for one of the usual sites I tend to use like Simply Games or The Game Collection have it up for preorder and then do it there.

I can understand and respect that. : peace:

I've tentatively pre-ordered with Shop-To but am prepared to Switch my pre-order if there's a better offer from Nintendo Store UK or even Tesco... if we are stocking it... if the discount is worth it... but again it would be an online pre-order. :)

I do miss that feeling of going to the store on launch day but then again, getting your console early from an online order is great too. :D

Did Shop-To ask for a deposit when you pre-ordered? If it's easy to Switch pre-orders to somewhere else I may do that as well.

I do miss the days of midnight launches, but I can't advocate pre-ordering from anywhere other than Shopto or Amazon (or the Nintendo Store itself I suppose) at this point. They're gonna be the fastest, cheapest and most reliable by far.

Did Shop-To ask for a deposit when you pre-ordered? If it's easy to Switch pre-orders to somewhere else I may do that as well.

No deposit, all TBC at the moment, there probably won't be a deposit either which is nice, plus all their new consoles sold come with a 12 month replacement warranty. :)

Has anyone pre-ordered their console yet? I've heard GAME are accepting pre-orders and I want to be sure that I'll be playing on a Switch day one.

I pre-ordered in-store at GAME back in November. Even then they told me they'd already had a large number of pre-orders. I hope Nintendo judge the demand for this properly, a repeat of the Wii or the NES classic will not get the console off to a good start.

It being sold out. Hard to get and sort after would be a very good start for nintendo wouldn't it?

After next week all sorts will have clear bundles, I really don't think it'll be hard to get one for launch if we order in the next few weeks.

So long as I can purchase a Switch, Pro Controller with two first-party titles and maybe one third-party offering plus a couple of GC Virtual Console games on day one, I'll be happy. :)

I'm hoping that due to the tablet-like nature of the device, hopefully components will be cheap enough that Nintendo will be able to more than meet demand at launch.

If extra docks do come later then, so be it... I'd get an extra one at launch if it were possible to be able to play it on the big screen easily in another room but if they are six months later like the rumours suggest - likely alongside another colour console and more joy-con options - then so be it. : peace:

It being sold out. Hard to get and sort after would be a very good start for nintendo wouldn't it?

Switch being sold out would be good, obviously, but not if Nintendo are too conservative with production for launch and a number of consumers can't get hold of one, which is what I was getting at... but no, I just think it'll be ridiculous if it's sold out and becomes a success, that's clearly what I meant. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that due to the tablet-like nature of the device, hopefully components will be cheap enough that Nintendo will be able to more than meet demand at launch.

They've said they will have 2 million units ready for the launch, with more being made available if the interest is there.

I don't have faith that they'll be able to meet demand. Just look at the state of amiibo, NES Classic and more recently the 3DS.

They've said they will have 2 million units ready for the launch, with more being made available if the interest is there.

I don't have faith that they'll be able to meet demand. Just look at the state of amiibo, NES Classic and more recently the 3DS.

I'm just hoping that they can but like yourself I must admit that my faith has been shaken a bit in recent years. :hmm:

But this is different from the Nintendo Classic Mini: NES so here's hoping but then again, there weren't enough of those to go around and that's a small console, this is a major machine, their next console... it does make you wonder. ::shrug:

Let's hope that there are enough to more than meet demand and that there aren't any hardware issues such as dead pixels on the screen, now I haven't had that problem since the original DS unit but still, I don't like to think about these potential issues too much but it has always been in the back of my mind ever since. :heh:

Anyway, at least soon we will know more.

But this is different from the Nintendo Classic Mini: NES so here's hoping but then again, there weren't enough of those to go around and that's a small console, this is a major machine, their next console... it does make you wonder. ::shrug:

Let's hope that there are enough to more than meet demand and that there aren't any hardware issues such as dead pixels on the screen, now I haven't had that problem since the original DS unit but still, I don't like to think about these potential issues too much but it has always been in the back of my mind ever since. :heh:

The NES Classic was a massive misstep and i'm baffled as to why the stock still isn't there yet. People have broken the thing down and by all accounts there's nothing much to the thing. They could be easily producing more. The fact that some stores were only getting a couple of units was just crazy.

Man, I forgot all about the dead pixel stuff. My original DS had one ( took it straight back ) and one of my PSPs developed one. I hate the things. They are so distracting.

2 million units ready for launch seems an incredibly low number surely? :blank:

I was thinking the same, especially as it's a worldwide launch. Better get them preorders in early. :D

The Xbox One sold 2 million in 18 days after launch and hit 3 million a month or so after.

2 million seems sufficient given that it won't be as popular as the Xbox One or PS4 (which sold similar).