NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

If that's the case I'd imagine the New IP will be the first thing we see, whilst Metroid and Donkey Kong are probably both in concept stages, with Metroid two years out.

I hope the Donkey Kong game isn't another "Country" game, would be good to see something different.

According to Gameblog, who have a pretty good record when it comes to leaks, Retro are working on a new IP as well as new Metroid and Donkey Kong games.

I don't think Retro are big enough for three big projects...

I don't think Retro are big enough for three big projects...

They've advertised over 20 jobs on their LinkedIn over the last 18 months so they've clearly expanded a fair bit. A lot would depend how far along each project is; as Retro mentioned they could have a game out for late 2017 and then focus on a new game for the following year (with the groundwork having already been done).

Wonder if Retro would combine their knowledge of Metroid and 2D platforming into a 2D Metroid?

@Ronnie tbh I think it probably would be DKCR 3.

It plays off the nostalgia of the first trilogy, especially with Dixie being introduced in both sequels. And it's far easier for them to do a sequel than start something brand new - especially if they're working on multiple projects.

What would you personally prefer? Are you hoping for a 3D platformer, or something very different like Jungle Beat/Bongos/Barrel Racing.

Ooooh Diddy Kong Racing 2 please :p

Wonder if Retro would combine their knowledge of Metroid and 2D platforming into a 2D Metroid?

@Ronnie tbh I think it probably would be DKCR 3.

It plays off the nostalgia of the first trilogy, especially with Dixie being introduced in both sequels. And it's far easier for them to do a sequel than start something brand new - especially if they're working on multiple projects.

What would you personally prefer? Are you hoping for a 3D platformer, or something very different like Jungle Beat/Bongos/Barrel Racing.

Ooooh Diddy Kong Racing 2 please :p

They also have all of the existing assets in HD as well as a physics engine. A 2D platformer can be produced by a much smaller team too as it's less work intensive, so it's feasible that they could release such a game within 12-18 months of another title.

Am I crazy for wanting a sequel to Donkey Kong's Crash Course from NintendoLand? I adored that game.

228955-CrashCourseMainImage.jpg

Am I crazy for wanting a sequel to Donkey Kong's Crash Course from NintendoLand? I adored that game.

228955-CrashCourseMainImage.jpg

Not just Crash Course; I loved the Mario Chase and Zelda minigames too. I could see them working well on Switch.

No surprises with this one.

BioWare has stated that it currently does not expect to port the new entry in the Mass Effect series to Nintendo's latest console, the Switch.

"We’re not planning on it," Mass Effect Andromeda Producer, Michael Gamble explained to Stevivor. However, he did make clear that consumer demand could change that stance:

"If the Switch launches and everyone’s just yammering for Mass Effect, who knows. [sic] We never want to close doors like that.”

Yeah ME3 bombed hard on Wii U

It didn't help that EA released it shortly after they released Mass Effect Trilogy on all the other formats for a bloody lower price.

That game was the epitome of "sent to die"

It's not surprising but I had my hopes up for it when EA announced that they will support Switch. Now it''ll probably be like Wii U all over - send bad games / old games out on the market that don't sell and then stop because EA games don't sell on Switch.

Draw a venn diagram of Nintendo's audience and of Mass Effect's audience.

Given how little the overlap is, is it worth investing that much staff time and cost into a Switch port? Absolutely not.

Funnily enough I was introduced to the Mass Effect series on the Wii U. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did and picked it up for £5. Adored the game and am now gutted I didn't play through 1 and 2 first. Still waiting for EA to release a remastered collection on PS4. Still waiting...

It's not surprising but I had my hopes up for it when EA announced that they will support Switch. Now it''ll probably be like Wii U all over - send bad games / old games out on the market that don't sell and then stop because EA games don't sell on Switch.

I would just expect the likes of fifa and madden for now. EA will test the market.

I would just expect the likes of fifa and madden for now. EA will test the market.

That's also what I expect from EA. I expect they'll release the 2017 versions, which have been out for 6 months already on PS4 and Xbone, at full price. I also expect them to be heavily nerfed in some way and completely bomb at retail. I expect that'll be the last we hear of EA for a year or so if Switch does eventually end up being a big seller.

I hope I'm wrong, but history suggests otherwise. If anyone loves sending a game out to die, it's EA.

I would just expect the likes of last year's fifa and madden for now. EA will "test" the market.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

Well they are hardly gonna release the new FIFA 6 months before the new season starts. :D

The Switch is launching at a very weird time for all the sports games. They can't put out a new version yet and if they put the 2016/2017 season games on it then I imagine most have already picked it up on other consoles and got their fill of them. I don't think EA can really win on this one if they are looking for decent sales at launch for the likes of Madden and Fifa.

EDIT: [TWEET]816288509707354116[/TWEET]

[TWEET]816288704083935232[/TWEET]

[TWEET]816288804860530691[/TWEET]

[TWEET]816289003683139585[/TWEET]

[TWEET]816289357405552640[/TWEET]

[TWEET]816289003683139585[/TWEET]

I think you guys were a bit off with your age of ports...here's a 2013 game being ported. :heh:

Perfect, I never got round to playing Rayman Legends, the Switch version will be great to play at home and on the go.

That's it though, I'll be avoiding any more leaks, LKD has said enough IMO.

Thankfully I don't have to watch the conference anymore :D

If all of those leaks come true there's still nothing that's particularly interesting to me. ::shrug:

Thankfully I don't have to watch the conference anymore :D

If all of those leaks come true there's still nothing that's particularly interesting to me. ::shrug:

You loved the PS4 Pro... thing, but aren't interested in watching an innovative new Nintendo console being launched and brand new games and features being announced? A shame for sure.

A Rayman Rabbids meets Mario RPG and Mario himself doesn't appear in the title of the game?

28293d1421156196-help-ghosts-image.png

Not sure what me enjoying the PS4 Pro conference has to do with this but yeah...I don't find anything interesting about everything I've heard on the Switch. And from the rumours and leaks it looks like there's no need for me to stay up/wake up for the conference, especially since I have unversity stuff and work to do.

Not sure what me enjoying the PS4 Pro conference has to do with this but yeah...I don't find anything interesting about everything I've heard on the Switch. And from the rumours and leaks it looks like there's no need for me to stay up/wake up for the conference, especially since I have unversity stuff and work to do.

I'm just surprised you can be enthralled by HDR and faux-4K resolution but not find anything of interest with the Switch, but fair enough, your call.