NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Was this from the video that he posted with him and Laura talking? I've just watched it ( man, that guy is annoying ) and neither of them discuss it. They are about to and then they decide not to bother for some reason.

Gaf have done a summary of what she said.

-She reveals that the little button located in the left joycon is indeed a "share" button

-She says that Rockstar doesn't trust Nintendo meaning that they will probably not port Red Dead Redemption 2

-She hasn't heard information about Overwatch coming to the Nintendo Switch

-She prefers not to talk about voice chat

-She said don't expect any delays, The Switch is for sure coming out in March.

-Joy-Con will be sold on release date. Pro controller not included with the system, you have to buy them separately.

-She has heard 3 hour battery estimate at full clock speed

-You can charge it quickly using the USB port

-She says to expect 3 Virtual Console GameCube games at launch.

-GameCube games at original resolution

-Only gray color Switch at launch

-She says that different color Joy-Cons are possible

-Right Joy-Con has a IR pointer

-You can buy Joy-Cons separately, available day one

-She says to not expect the new Mass Effect Andromeda for the Switch

-She says that the recent "Geno leak" is fake

-She has heard 720p resolution for the screen

-The Switch is not using friend codes

-The Switch has Bluetooth

-No extra docks within the first six months. The docks are not gonna be expensive

-The Switch Entry Bundle is 32 Gb. micro SD supports 128 gb

Woah! Bluetooth is definitely the MVP here, can finally connect to my Bluetooth headphones and soundbar. :)

RawMeatCowboy from GoNintendo has received word that GameStop will be getting their Switch advertisement materials next week and that there is no embargo for when they can start displaying it. Also, Breath of the Wild preorders will be starting very soon for the US.

We should get a few cheeky bits and bobs from the advertising stuff. Hype is starting to stir within me....

Woah! Bluetooth is definitely the MVP here, can finally connect to my Bluetooth headphones and soundbar. :)

Don't get excited, all Nintendo consoles since the Wii have had Bluetooth support (that's what they use for their wireless controllers). Doesn't mean that it'll be compatible with standard equipment.

@Glen\-i's inevitable comment about how they dragged poor Grant Kirkhope into this.[/size]

Edited by Dcubed

@Glen\-i's inevitable comment about how they dragged poor Grant Kirkhope into this.[/size]

Didn't he do the music for Tropical freeze?

Didn't he do the music for Tropical freeze?

That's David Wise you're thinking of. He composed the music for DKC 1, 2, Diddy Kong Racing, Battletoads and Star Fox Adventures as well as others (he had a hand in DKC 3 as well, but that was mainly Eveline Fischer).

Grant Kirkhope was the composer for Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, DK64 and Viva Pinata amongst others.

Both are currently working on Yooka Laylee :)

That's David Wise you're thinking of. He composed the music for DKC 1, 2, Diddy Kong Racing, Battletoads and Star Fox Adventures as well as others (he had a hand in DKC 3 as well, but that was mainly Eveline Fischer).

Grant Kirkhope was the composer for Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, DK64 and Viva Pinata amongst others.

Both are currently working on Yooka Laylee :)

Ah, I see. Not quite as exciting then.

Good stuff! His music style is a perfect fit for the playful nature of the Rabbids.

This Mario & Rabbids RPG is intriguing as fuck.

Of course it'll run like shit because Ubisoft...they can't even get Tetris running on a stable framerate

This Mario & Rabbids RPG is intriguing as fuck.

Of course it'll run like shit because Ubisoft...they can't even get Tetris running on a stable framerate

I imagine Nintendo will be hands on and make sure it runs well. I can't see them letting Ubisoft releasing a broken game with one of their most popular IPs being in it.

I imagine Nintendo will be hands on and make sure it runs well. I can't see them letting Ubisoft releasing a broken game with one of their most popular IPs being in it.

True enough

Less than two weeks until we see it.

Two weeks until I play it :D

I'm feeling really nervous about the Switch right now and have a worrying feeling that the presentation is going to leave me underwhelmed, much like when the Wii U was first revealed :hmm:

Ultimately, I had some great times with Wii U and it won me over pretty quickly out of the gate with Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros U but the road has been very bumpy with considerable irritations along the way that I'm not entirely convinced the Switch is going to address at this point.

After the almost unbearable wait leading up to the initial reveal, my enthusiasm has been on an increasingly downward trajectory and I feel like I need to see something special in January to reignite my hype..

I'm feeling really nervous about the Switch right now and have a worrying feeling that the presentation is going to leave me underwhelmed, much like when the Wii U was first revealed :hmm:

Ultimately, I had some great times with Wii U and it won me over pretty quickly out of the gate with Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros U but the road has been very bumpy with considerable irritations along the way that I'm not entirely convinced the Switch is going to address at this point.

After the almost unbearable wait leading up to the initial reveal, my enthusiasm has been on an increasingly downward trajectory and I feel like I need to see something special in January to reignite my hype..

I'm the opposite. A powerful Nintendo handheld is what I've been waiting for. They will need to really screw up this presentation for me to be disappointed.

The only real concern for me is how a game looks docked and undocked. Don't want the downgrade to be too brutal.

Oh and the screen better be decent. Solid IPS with good viewing angles and colour presentation. Not some cheap LCD.

Edited by liger05

Hearing that Bethesda is having second thoughts over supporting the Switch.

It does seem like Nintendo is still trying to adhere to a very strict hardware philosophy if all these specification rumours are to be believed. They're still trying to stick to the values that made them successful in the 1980's when consumer expectations have changed massively in the last few years. You would have thought they would have considered why the Wii U failed but maybe they decided that the concept itself was the reason for the failure.

Sadly I think the fact that Nintendo itself is a game developer is making it harder for them to have good relationships with third parties especially considering that it is not the main priority of either Sony or Microsoft who are more willing to give third parties what they want/are more involved in the technology that companies and game developers are using in general.

Nintendo's policies on Youtube and fan games need to improve to help gain trust too...

Hearing that Bethesda is having second thoughts over supporting the Switch.

It does seem like Nintendo is still trying to adhere to a very strict hardware philosophy if all these specification rumours are to be believed. They're still trying to stick to the values that made them successful in the 1980's when consumer expectations have changed massively in the last few years. You would have thought they would have considered why the Wii U failed but maybe they decided that the concept itself was the reason for the failure.

Sadly I think the fact that Nintendo itself is a game developer is making it harder for them to have good relationships with third parties especially considering that it is not the main priority of either Sony or Microsoft who are more willing to give third parties what they want/are more involved in the technology that companies and game developers are using in general.

Nintendo's policies on Youtube and fan games need to improve to help gain trust too...

Source?

Isn't there YouTube policy like anyone else's? If one seeks to make money they need to adhere to the content providers t&c's?

Have to say I'm gonna miss the 3D option of the 3DS.

I'm pretty positive there will be some pretty special things shown in January.

Nintendo have to have heard and felt the disappointment towards a lot of the game choices they've been making.

The Nintendo we've had over the lifespan of the Wii U has drastically altered my attitude towards them. I still crave those Nintendo gaming experiences - but next to none of their choices have appealed to me.

I'm optimistic Switch will usher in a change - it's certainly sounding like it from the rumours. Whether aesthetically/stylistically there'll still be a disconnect between me and their latest games remains to be seen.

Source?

Isn't there YouTube policy like anyone else's? If one seeks to make money they need to adhere to the content providers t&c's?

Their YouTube policy is totally.different to everyone elses, or at least it used to be (I don't think it has changed though). IIRC, you sign up on their website and they monitor your channel, take all the profits for videos with Nintendo games in, then give you slightly less that you would have received normally. I think they also have stricter guidelines on what you can say/do on Nintendo game videos.

I get the sentiment, but it feels a bit overbearing and harsh on the fans. Or heroic and brave, depending on your perspective.

What kind of announcement would reignite your excitement for the company and the console/handheld? Is it a software issue for you or a hardware one? Maybe both?

For better or worse, I'm looking forward to the reveal. After having to put up with idiots on YouTube for scraps of info, its going to be nice to get some solid details from Nintendo themselves.

My only worry is the presentation itself, having it in Japanese could be seriously awkward. Will it be live dubbed? I'd genuinely rather have a pre-recorded video if it meant an English version was available.

What kind of announcement would reignite your excitement for the company and the console/handheld? Is it a software issue for you or a hardware one? Maybe both?

For better or worse, I'm looking forward to the reveal. After having to put up with idiots on YouTube for scraps of info, its going to be nice to get some solid details from Nintendo themselves.

It's probably a combination of software and hardware at this point..

With all of the leaks before the reveal in October, I had something of an idea of what I would have liked to have seen from a hardware standpoint but what was shown doesn't seem like a Nintendo product aesthetically, which is both good and bad :heh:

In terms of software, it's hard to know what to expect beyond the games being speculated. I'll almost certainly fall in love with the new Mario game but beyond that I'm not sure what's going to get me excited yet.

Breath of the Wild will be great but I could get that on Wii U while enhanced ports of Wii U titles making the switch might not hold enough appeal beyond the undoubted fun of new Mario Kart tracks and features. I've never been hugely into Super Smash Bros so probably wouldn't need to bite on an slight remix of the current versions and my internet connection basically prevents me from getting hyped for Splatoon, a game I would otherwise be pumped for (that's obviously not Nintendo's fault :indeed:)

Rabbids and Mario together in an RPG isn't exactly a scenario I dreamed about given my general dislike for the rabbids so I'm left hoping that the surprises will genuinely appeal. The problem is that the franchises I crave probably aren't huge sellers for Nintendo, such as Wave Race, 1080, F-Zero, Metroid and a sequel to Excitebike 64, amongst others, so it's unlikely we'll see anything like those during the presentation beyond, possibly, Metroid.

Luigi's Mansion could also be great but the second game on 3DS lost a lot of what was special about the GC original.

As for Pikmin, I think the franchise is great and I'm loving Pikmin 3 on Wii U, a game I've almost cleared, but despite that affection it's just one of those franchises I can't really get hyped for.. and that includes the 3DS game that I do want!

Hopefully one or two things will appear during the presentation that get me out of this current funk but until then it's a matter of hope rather than any real expectation.

Make me believe, Nintendo : peace:

My only worry is the presentation itself, having it in Japanese could be seriously awkward. Will it be live dubbed? I'd genuinely rather have a pre-recorded video if it meant an English version was available.

Agreed.

Sony has a translator talking over their main conference during their TGS presentations and i'm just hoping Nintendo do a better job than that because the translations are usually awful and it takes you out of what you're watching.

Will you be watching it live? I'm wondering just how many of us N-E people are crazy enough to watch it on a work/school day. :D

The problem is that the franchises I crave probably aren't huge sellers for Nintendo, such as Wave Race, 1080, F-Zero, Metroid and a sequel to Excitebike 64, amongst others, so it's unlikely we'll see anything like those during the presentation beyond, possibly, Metroid.

Yeah, it's a shame that the franchises you love seem to be the ones that have been left by the wayside. Looking at the list, it seems to be the games that have a more western focused are the ones you are missing. This is something that many of us have brought up when asking whether Nintendo need to diversify their output.

...Will you be watching it live? I'm wondering just how many of us N-E people are crazy enough to watch it on a work/school day...

I've booked the 13th off work for it and will be watching it live... praying for Party Chat! Haha

I've booked the 13th off work for it and will be watching it live... praying for Party Chat! Haha

I'll also be watching it live. I'll just be worthless at work that day. :D