NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Come on guys, you shouldn't just up and leave the moment there's disagreement.

I have to say I also don't understand the argument of being pissed at Nintendo for not providing a USB cable to charge when its possible and its dirt cheap on eBay/Game.

Is it because it's a pain to think about? Or because these people think an official cable is somehow better? (Even when it does the exact same thing at 4x the price).

liger used the term "inexcusable" and I'm curious to know how it is... We use many appliances that aren't charging via USB and will be beyond 2017.

I guess I can understand the slight annoyance that forms when Nintendo become the go-to whipping boy.

Edited by King_V

Back to the games , they really need to maintain the positive vibe from the direct and announce some big third party games to prevent this turning into Wii U 2. I know I keep harping on about it but if FIFA is coming to Switch share the good news. I don't think the saying no news is good news applies here.

Back to the games , they really need to maintain the positive vibe from the direct and announce some big third party games to prevent this turning into Wii U 2. I know I keep harping on about it but if FIFA is coming to Switch share the good news. I don't think the saying no news is good news applies here.

When does the new FIFA games tend to release?

When does the new FIFA games tend to release?

September. Which means releasing '17 at launch when it has already been out for 6 months on other platforms would be a huge mistake and likely kill the franchise on Switch. If EA have any sense whatsoever they will resist the urge to try and cash in on it at launch and release FIFA '18 alongside the PS4 And Xbone versions next September with the overall goal of the Switch version to be as close as to those versions as possible. No half-arsed Switch edition.

I don't think I'll ever believe that 3rd Parties are truly backing the Switch unless RDR2 gets announced for it.

Well unfortunately that's how childish this place has become, truly fucking unbearable at times.

All started because there was discussion about Switch being able to charge by USB and me pointing out 3DS can, Rummy got unnecessarily weird about that point and because he isn't Ronnie or Serebii or someone everyone comes along and starts being bizarrely protective about "everyones entitled to an opinion".

Seems some people are allowed opinions, some others arent.

I don't think I'll ever believe that 3rd Parties are truly backing the Switch unless RDR2 gets announced for it.
Read that as R2D2, and couldn't think what you were referring to... that Star Wars VR experience...?

Red Dead would be defining. It almost seems too big a game for Switch.

I really can't imagine RDR2 will come to NX at all. I doubt it can handle it, but it also has to get around Take Two willing to make it for NX as well. Both unlikely.

Well unfortunately that's how childish this place has become, truly fucking unbearable at times.

All started because there was discussion about Switch being able to charge by USB and me pointing out 3DS can, Rummy got unnecessarily weird about that point and because he isn't Ronnie or Serebii or someone everyone comes along and starts being bizarrely protective about "everyones entitled to an opinion".

Seems some people are allowed opinions, some others arent.

Dazzybee, you're the only one I can see being childish today, and dragging other members names in to it as well.

I don't think the point really is that the 3DS can/cannot charge using a USB cable of some sort, whether official or not.

It's the connector - let it charge using any micro USB cable. Using proprietary connectors is just annoying, it's so convenient being able to charge my PS4 controller using my phone charger. If they did this, it's fine that they don't bundle a charger. Them selling the 3DS/XL without one is so annoying because it's not a standard charger that you'll already have - you have to give them extra money to power your console!

Dazzybee, you're the only one I can see being childish here, and dragging other members names in to it as well.

I am GOBSMACKED you say this, SHOCKED! It's so unlike you...

How can anyone read this thread and not see it being derailed by - nintendo not making it official and that point being beyond petty?!

Please explain how I'm being childish, would love to know? Where is "everyones entitled to an opinion" and "what annoys one person someone else loves" when ronnie or serebii etc post and the ever-increasing mob come and attack them? No where.

I have to say I also don't understand the argument of being pissed at Nintendo for not providing a USB cable to charge when its possible and its dirt cheap on eBay/Game.

Is it because it's a pain to think about? Or because these people think an official cable is somehow better? (Even when it does the exact same thing at 4x the price).

liger used the term "inexcusable" and I'm curious to know how it is... We use many appliances that aren't charging via USB and will be beyond 2017.

I guess I can understand the slight annoyance that forms when Nintendo become the go-to whipping boy.

Inexcusable means literally that there is no excuse for it. If they didn't use the USB standard then I would agree they there's no excuse for it; that doesn't mean people are angry about it though.

How can anyone read this thread and not see it being derailed by - nintendo not making it official and that point being beyond petty?!

Please explain how I'm being childish, would love to know? Where is "everyones entitled to an opinion" and "what annoys one person someone else loves" when ronnie or serebii etc post and the ever-increasing mob come and attack them? No where.

I apologise for not having read the last few pages in the thread before posting, but entering this thread on the current page and reading, it just seems like you're totally overreacting and having a go at people. That's how it will be perceived by other people reading the thread too.

Also, there's far more to the other situations you've mentioned than that - you're oversimplifying.

You're not doing yourself any favours by giving quite a childish response like this. Rather than put your hands up for running your mouth again you just carry on...it's poor form.

I don't think the point really is that the 3DS can/cannot charge using a USB cable of some sort, whether official or not.

It's the connector - let it charge using any micro USB cable. Using proprietary connectors is just annoying, it's so convenient being able to charge my PS4 controller using my phone charger. If they did this, it's fine that they don't bundle a charger. Them selling the 3DS/XL without one is so annoying because it's not a standard charger that you'll already have - you have to give them extra money to power your console!

Yeah sort of essentially. I'm just saying it's not an officially supported means - and some people don't like that. There's loads of 3rd party mains adapters out there too for if yours breaks - but again some people don't like that and will only go official for a replacement. I'd be fairly sure that using them and/or a usb charge cable with your 3DS could technically be warranty invalidating(but Nintendo would theoretically never know). As you mention too - some people don't like proprietary connectors. I don't think people having a preference for officially supported things only makes them 'moaners' nor 'annoyed'(again words I didn't even use), but I know some people who have that preference - and as I said especially more so when it comes to power supply/charging options.

One notable example I can think of re: wanting official was when Smash U came out and the gamecube adapter was hard to get hold of. Even after Mayflash came onto the market with their own functioning 3rd party one due to the shortages there were very many people(at least in SmashUK and a few people I met at Smash events) who held out and went without an adapter at all or paid well over the odds in order to try and obtain the official one. Some people mind; that was all my point was. Not everyone, not no one, just some people out there do.

The standardisation to USB as you mention avoids a lot of the above, as well as having to actually get another cable(regardless of how cheap it may be); I'd welcome it now mostly because micro-USB has become so standard across the board, it just sort of makes common sense.

Edited by Rummy

Inexcusable means literally that there is no excuse for it. If they didn't use the USB standard then I would agree they there's no excuse for it; that doesn't mean people are angry about it though.

That's fair enough.

One thing I'm curious about is whether or not they're considering alternatively shaped JoyCon controllers in future. The beauty of a control scheme that can be removed is that they can release many different types and it'll still be compatible despite being a hybrid.

You could always launch controllers on a console, but you'd have to wait until the next reiteration of a handheld to see if something more ergonomically pleasing for your hands would be released. They demonstrated that the controllers can be used wirelessly, but is that still the case when you slide them onto the tablet itself? Is there some form of connection when they are docked with the tablet to conserve battery life? If there is, does that open up the opportunities for thicker Joy Cons that have additional batteries inside of them that can be used to power the tablet for longer?

So many questions man, a very exciting time for gaming.

As in I hope all those developers that are apparently showing support for the Switch aren't focusing all or most of their attentions on indie-like games.

Me neither. But I don't believe they are either.

I do however believe that there is some sort of embargo in place.

Maybe Nintendo just want to talk about their own software plans for the system first before they let others do the same. I think that kind of makes sense, even if it is frustrating.

bfxtlu2f4ltx.jpg

This has to become a Nintendo character.

My only fear is that people would try to replicate that look on their real pets.

You think we'll get: Street Fighter/Resident Evil, Final Fantasy 15/7 Remake and Metal Gear Solid/Pro Evo? Or some class B level "Crystal Chrinicles" shite.