NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

The 3DS has USB charging...

Not officially afaik though. I think the idea/hope here will be that it is.

By a good margin, the Pro controller is probably the most comfortable controller I've ever held

Nice to see that even Jim Sterling (son) approves of the Switch trailer. Pretty much agree with everything he says in the vid (except what he says about Star Fox Zero, he's still totally wrong about it :p )

Not officially afaik though. I think the idea/hope here will be that it is.

Well I plug it into my computer via usb and it charges it... I haven't done anything special, just bought a usb cable

Well I plug it into my computer via usb and it charges it... I haven't done anything special, just bought a usb cable

Yes, I fully understand the concept and would you even believe I have a cable myself. I never said it wasn't possible and, in fact, I even acknowledged that it was.

My point was, I thought quite clearly, that it isn't an official thing. Some people don't like that. Besides which if they actually adopt USB in their product then they have to actually adhere to the USB standards unless I'm mistaken.

Yes, I fully understand the concept and would you even believe I have a cable myself. I never said it wasn't possible and, in fact, I even acknowledged that it was.

My point was, I thought quite clearly, that it isn't an official thing. Some people don't like that. Besides which if they actually adopt USB in their product then they have to actually adhere to the USB standards unless I'm mistaken.

Some people don't like that Nintendo don't make it "official" it charge by USB...? People really do struggle to find things to moan about...

Anyway I guess I was more on about other comments and mentioned os NES Mini does so this should, or it's 2017 so it should really. And I'm saying... the 3DS did, 5 years ago, so why are people making out Nintendo may not do it.

Some people don't like that Nintendo don't make it "official" it charge by USB...? People really do struggle to find things to moan about...

Anyway I guess I was more on about other comments and mentioned os NES Mini does so this should, or it's 2017 so it should really. And I'm saying... the 3DS did, 5 years ago, so why are people making out Nintendo may not do it.

Err...where did I say anyone was moaning?! I just said that some people don't like that. Not sure how you manage to conjure words that just aren't being said.

Besides which - The 3DS didn't actually do it though, did it? Sure, it works, but the 3DS itself didn't 'do it' afaik. If anyone can prove me wrong and show me an official USB charge cable then sure thing, but it's not an official thing and some people don't like that; especially more so when it comes to something like charging/power supply.

Fair point about the NES mini though - if that's actually got USB rather than something else proprietary then it's a good sign for the Switch doing similar(assuming it meets what Nintendo want it to do with the USB standard; can't see why not but who knows).

I was just wondering... How easily wil you be able to switch (Hah!) game cards while Switch is docked. It on the upper side, but I wonder if the dock is stable enough or the cardslot easy enough for hassle-free cardchanging.

Just retorical, obviously. We'll only know when we have one in our hands. Or atleast in the dock. ;)

Brrr... Hope the breadth of that third party listing wasn't just for indie games.

Not sure what you mean here?

I'm at least expecting a mainline Final Fantasy, is that asking too much?

I hope not. But let's face it: there hasn't been a mainline FF game on a Nintendo system for 20+ years.

Not sure what you mean here?

As in I hope all those developers that are apparently showing support for the Switch aren't focusing all or most of their attentions on indie-like games.

As far as I'm aware Just Dance 17 is the ONLY game to be officially announced by a third party. I just don't understand why Nintendo and their publishers won't talk about anything 5 months before launch.

There was another game, think some random racing one, but forget the name.

Was Sonic Apocalypse confirmed as well?

There was another game, think some random racing one, but forget the name.

Was Sonic Apocalypse confirmed as well?

Indeed it was

Err...where did I say anyone was moaning?! I just said that some people don't like that. Not sure how you manage to conjure words that just aren't being said.

Besides which - The 3DS didn't actually do it though, did it? Sure, it works, but the 3DS itself didn't 'do it' afaik. If anyone can prove me wrong and show me an official USB charge cable then sure thing, but it's not an official thing and some people don't like that; especially more so when it comes to something like charging/power supply.

Fair point about the NES mini though - if that's actually got USB rather than something else proprietary then it's a good sign for the Switch doing similar(assuming it meets what Nintendo want it to do with the USB standard; can't see why not but who knows).

For me, when people don't like something, and express it - that's moaning.

I still don't understand this "official" thing. You can charge the 3DS with a USB cable, you can get that cable for next to nothing from a lot of places. What more do you want? An "official" £20 USB charging cable?

I was just wondering... How easily wil you be able to switch (Hah!) game cards while Switch is docked. It on the upper side, but I wonder if the dock is stable enough or the cardslot easy enough for hassle-free cardchanging.

Just retorical, obviously. We'll only know when we have one in our hands. Or atleast in the dock. ;)

Yeah it's on the top so should be okay, though hopefully it's sturdy in the dock so it doesn't move about while you do it.

Dragon Quest 11 has been confirmed too.

For me, when people don't like something, and express it - that's moaning.

For me, it's called expressing an opinion, regardless whether it's inline with my thinking or not.

Yeah perhaps we need to respect the fact some people could see the same statement as expressing an opinion/thought/argument, a criticism or moaning so maybe just ask for clarity before deciding which one it is :)

For me, it's called expressing an opinion, regardless whether it's inline with my thinking or not.

It's both. When I express my opinion that the PS4 OS is one of the worst Rss I've tried on any computing device, that's me moaning.

Just becomes worse the more trivial that opinion is. Like moaning about Nintendo not officially stating it can be charged with USB even though it can so what 's the complaint really?!

Just becomes worse the more trivial that opinion is. Like moaning about Nintendo not officially stating it can be charged with USB even though it can so what 's the complaint really?!

What's trivial to one person may be a big issue for another.

What's trivial to one person may be a big issue for another.

If you're the type of person that even though you know you can charge by USB, but are annoyed that it hasn't officially been said; then it is "my opinion" that you're painfully petty.

Also, what's this everyone's little opinions should be respected?! You can't have an opinion about someone else's opinion?! Ronnie says anything and everyone lynches him for his "opinion", countless times a day this happens with many posters. Now this... Hero I never thought you'd be the type to be so "protective"

Given that this is a Nintendo forum, maybe we should be like Nintendo and be more of a family here, be all about the fun, enjoy ourselves here more... but not post in the forum anymore, because Nintendo don't want us talking!

I moan about voice chat! :D

Edited by Kav

Also, what's this everyone's little opinions should be respected?! You can't have an opinion about someone else's opinion?! Ronnie says anything and everyone lynches him for his "opinion", countless times a day this happens with many posters. Now this... Hero I never thought you'd be the type to be so "protective"

You can have an opinion about someone else's opinion. I was merely saying make sure you're aware what their actual opinion is rather than what you perceive it to be before expressing yours.

Screw this thread.

106PwpLIIXJnXi.gif