NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

You know what? I refrain from ignoring members because I like to read and respond to what others have to say. This is a forum where people can discuss things after all.

...says the man who actively told members not to post in a thread he created!

I can speak from personal experience when I say ignoring someone on here can dramatically improve your enjoyment of the place. I did so and went from giving up on the place to wanting to do fun things like writing more reviews and doing the N-E show :)

The pack mentality here is disturbing though. I've raised issues with you and a few other members myself and personally I think Ronnie is being bullied, frankly. Who can blame him if he gets frustrated and fights back when he has three or four people going at him at the same time, calling for him to be banned etc.

I mean, if you feel you don't care about derailing this thread, maybe it's advisable you don't post in here?!

We're not getting anywhere and I will continue to reduce my participation in this thread.

The pack mentality here is disturbing though. I've raised issues with you and a few other members myself and personally I think Ronnie is being bullied, frankly. Who can blame him if he gets frustrated and fights back when he has three or four people going at him at the same time, calling for him to be banned etc.

Maybe having this conversation by PM would be more appropriate? Also you cant go calling people a hypocrit for derailing the thread and then continue driving it off track either. And you both are talking about Ronnie in front of him like hes not here.

I'm already late to a thing - but can we keep it civil and NX/at least gaming related please and not about forum issues? I acknowledge there's an issue here but I don't want to see this thread in a day or two just full up with that. PM/visitor wall me for now and I'll get to it when I can. Admittedly I'm close to PM limit too but if you can't send a message just save it and write on my wall to say you wanna PM me.

Going by the rumours and speculation, I've been finding it interesting that some people are seeing NX as a portable that you can plug in at home while others see it as more of a home console that you can take out with you!

What baffles me a little are complaints about games that you wouldn't want to play on the go but then surely you jusy keep the NX hooked up at home and treat it as a home console, if you so wish!

Anyway, this actually got me wondering about the Virtual Boy and how it was perceived before release. I wasn't following the situation back then as I was perhaps too young but it's not a traditional home console and it's not exactly easily portable so how did people see it? If NX hits something of a middle ground, is it set up for similar failure or does the fact that it covers both bases rather than ignore them set it up for more widespread appeal?

OI'm with kaepora, Ronnie is being bullied, he has been for a long time. And by the same members, though that group seems to be growing, and some who are mods and should act better. This place has been pretty bad for a long long long time and so many great members have left because of it. It isn't getting better, I don't post here as much as I used to, I know "active" members like Dakota rarely post.

I hope it improves when the NX is announced, but I fear it will get even worse.

On the NX front, there's been an increasing load of rumours saying it IS powerful and a home console and has a mobile element but not an adjoining handheld... But A handheld will come, so multiple devices... I've got two the stage where I don't actually want that, I want nintendo to develop for one platform. It's the best way!! I'd take much lower power for a hybrid.

OI'm with kaepora, Ronnie is being bullied, he has been for a long time. And by the same members, though that group seems to be growing, and some who are mods and should act better. This place has been pretty bad for a long long long time and so many great members have left because of it. It isn't getting better, I don't post here as much as I used to, I know "active" members like Dakota rarely post.

I think what you (and probably the rest of us on the other side as well) need to remember is that both sides feel the same and both can say they have had members leave due to the problems with the forum. I dont agree with you that Ronnie is being bullied, just reacted to but I dont want to take it any further as Rummy only just requested we keep it on topic.

Well I hope it improves when the NX comes out. It will. Positivity. And the NX will be announced soon. If you think about it the same way you think about the dentist.

My reaction depends on Party Chat. I so hope it'll be a joyous reaction, I don't want to think about not having Nintendo in my life anymore.

My reaction depends on Party Chat. I so hope it'll be a joyous reaction, I don't want to think about not having Nintendo in my life anymore.

What if it turns out that its only party chat and they are dropping games to take on Skype?

What if it turns out that its only party chat and they are dropping games to take on Skype?

Haha that'd be hilarious.

"We've finally got voice chat like you asked but have decided to leave everything else behind. The screen is in fact just a mirror. But you can only use the mirror after 11PM in case you're outside and catch the reflection of a child in it."

Well, I'm still intrigued to find out what it is. At least there's always some bloody mystery with the big N!

To be honest I'm neither optimistic or pessimistic- just waiting and a teensy bit hopeful. :)

To be honest I'm neither optimistic or pessimistic- just waiting

Thats pretty much what it is across the board, people spinning this hype/neglect as something positive are delusional. Outside of Pokemon, Nintendo hasn't been relevant for many people for some time now - even to its own core fanbase.

So people aren't foaming at the mouth for new NX/Nintendo content, just moreso curious because we're nosey like that.

Edited by King_V

You know what? I refrain from ignoring members because I like to read and respond to what others have to say. This is a forum where people can discuss things after all.

Wow.

I can't believe you thought it was a good and acceptable idea to set up a thread and ban certain members from posting in it, but there we go.

I'm surprised that thread was given the ok to continue. Given all the grief I got for complaining about the PS4 Pro I was almost tempted to start a similar 'Other PS4 Pro' thread for the purpose of whinging about it and ban people from participating, but I didn't want to stoop to his level. Quite why someone would feel the need to start a negative thread for a Nintendo console that hasn't been revealed yet on a Ninty fan site is beyond me....

EDIT: well apparently not directly unrpovoked but still. I dont think I know what thats about.

Far from unprovoked. When he's not posting snide remarks and snarky gifs to me he's telling me I'm not welcome in a "Negative NX" thread, whatever that is. He claims he welcomes opinions but he really doesn't.

OI'm with kaepora, Ronnie is being bullied, he has been for a long time. And by the same members, though that group seems to be growing, and some who are mods and should act better. This place has been pretty bad for a long long long time and so many great members have left because of it. It isn't getting better, I don't post here as much as I used to, I know "active" members like Dakota rarely post

I could be wrong but it seems a lot of big nintendo fans have left/hardly post. I've gotten PMs from a couple suggesting as much. It's a big shame, there's barely much love left here.

Yep I'm being bullied, by regulars and mods alike but I'm not too bothered. I fully admit in hindsight I bullied Wii so I can't really complain. Thanks for the support though, you and @Kaepora_Gaebora

You're not being bullied mate, the responses you get are a consequence of your actions. The fact that you even thought of creating a "negative" PS4 Pro Thread in response just says it all. We all need to be accountable for how we conduct ourselves here. Sad thing is, the other NX Thread feels a lot more mature and positive because of the opening rules. But I digress, this is all i will say on the matter and will not respond to any quotes on this subject.

Rummy has asked that this be dropped and I would like to repeat that please. If you wish to discuss these points with each other please PM. If you wish to discuss the issues with Rummy do as per his instructions above (or PM me instead/as well).

Thanks.

Thats pretty much what it is across the board, people spinning this hype/neglect as something positive are delusional. Outside of Pokemon, Nintendo hasn't been relevant for many people for some time now - even to its own core fanbase.

So people aren't foaming at the mouth for new NX/Nintendo content, just moreso curious because we're nosey like that.

What does this "Nintendo aren't relevant" thing that keeps getting trotted out even mean? Pokemon Go, the E3 queues for Zelda, Super Mario Run making a bigger online splash than the PS4 Pro on the same day. As for NX, I suggest you look again, there's a massive amount of hype and anticipation. If no one cared we wouldn't get a new "leak" every other day and Papa John's wouldn't get "NX?" tweets in reply to their monolithic pizza box image.

There really isn't much hype around the NX outside of the internet gaming community, mostly because Nintendo haven't unveiled anything. We don't even know what the NX is, apart from it's the next big Nintendo thing. It's difficult to get hyped about a hypothetical "something".

For all we know (which are rumours and speculation), Nintendo could have put a halt to the whole project. Maybe someone at Nintendo thought that releasing a hybrid console would be a shit idea. Not saying that's the case, but you would have thought that we would have heard something by now if they're supposed to be releasing in March.

If people aren't going to start getting along I'm closing this thread until Nintendo have revealed the console.

Edited by Ashley
edited upon request

There really isn't much hype around the NX outside of the internet gaming community, mostly because Nintendo haven't unveiled anything. We don't even know what the NX is, apart from it's the next big Nintendo thing. It's difficult to get hyped about a hypothetical "something".

For all we know (which are rumours and speculation), Nintendo could have put a halt to the whole project. Maybe someone at Nintendo thought that releasing a hybrid console would be a shit idea. Not saying that's the case, but you would have thought that we would have heard something by now if they're supposed to be releasing in March.

It's still coming. Too many sources to think otherwise. There is still more than a enough time to market and promote the NX.

Remember there is first party and third parties games in development. They couldn't drop the NX and then piss off third parties who are already spending money on developing games.

A hybrid device doesn't appeal to me at all. There is always screen-mirroring (or some simple tech along those lines) for those who want to play their handheld games on the TV.

I really hope there is more to it than just 'take your games on the go' pish. Nintendo are really rubbing me up the wrong way at the moment :(

Yes I've deleted a few posts that were just elongating the conversation. If you wish to carry it on please do so through private messages.

What does this "Nintendo aren't relevant" thing that keeps getting trotted out even mean? Pokemon Go, the E3 queues for Zelda, Super Mario Run making a bigger online splash than the PS4 Pro on the same day. As for NX, I suggest you look again, there's a massive amount of hype and anticipation. If no one cared we wouldn't get a new "leak" every other day and Papa John's wouldn't get "NX?" tweets in reply to their monolithic pizza box image.

I'd like to see what metrics you're using to talk about when you're saying 'there's a massive amount of hype and anticipation', because if you actually bothered to use a tool like Brandwatch to view how much it was being discussed across social media and news outlets around the world you'll notice that the figures are virtually non-existence.

To put it into content, Rockstar's tweet today (the red logo) generated more impressions and reach across social and gaming/tech websites than the NX has managed in almost a month.

Once they announce something there will be 'hype' for it but at the moment it's basically just NX specific threads on forums and the odd leak.