NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Nintendo must be loving it. Unbelievable hype, mystery and speculation and they've barely had to say two words about the thing. How to hype a console launch up.

Why am I getting No Man's Sky vibes from the hype for this...

@Rummy that gif is great. :D

Think one of the Zelda pages I follow on facebook shared it, actually chuckled out loud when I saw it because of the Mario connection and obvious current frustration. One positive to take at least is that some of these pics/gifs arising are pretty amusing so at least we can still laugh while we're waiting endlessly for the news!

Well this is a little more assuring from Yves Guillemot:

...but given that he said he thought the WiiU was going to be a success, it's still not to be taken too strongly as reason for hype in my eyes.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2016/09/22/nintendo-nx-fantastic-will-offer-different-experience-to-other-consoles-ubisoft-ceo

There's a difference between making a prediction of the success of something and an opinion of something he's seen. So it's a little more positive than that.

Emily Rogers tweeted she's had some bad news... she only ever speaks about nintendo...

I think my expectations are so low that it's gonna take something shockingly bad to rock my boat. :D

You not expecting it to be great?!

You not expecting it to be great?!

Not really. I'm more intrigued than excited. I just can't see them fixing what I want them to fix.

@dazzybee are you expecting it to be great?

I'm expecting to be overall disappointed in all honesty, moreso because of a lack of certain features of the hardware.

From Gaf.

Foxconn Electronics and Pegatron have begun production of the PlayStation (PS) 4 Pro, a new Sony game console to be launched on November 10, and Foxconn has undertaken trial production of the NX, a new Nintendo games console, according to industry sources.

In addition to PS4 Pro, Foxconn is the largest OEM for Nintendo NX, followed by Japan-based Misumi Electronics and Hosiden, the sources noted. Annual production of Nintendo NX is estimated at 9.5-10 million units, the sources said.

Again, from Gaf.

Emily talked about this three days ago too.

NX hardware is finalized. Don’t expect any drastic changes.

NX is now entering a very early stage of production.

I hope they've gone with the Tegra X2 as opposed to the X1... that'd be a very pleasant surprise.

Safe to say March release is a lock.

9.5-10m units annually is a realistic number. Before one report said 20m which was ridiculous.

@dazzybee are you expecting it to be great?

I'm expecting to be overall disappointed in all honesty, moreso because of a lack of certain features of the hardware.

I'm expecting it to be incredible. But I think the wii u is pretty great so it's all relative :)

The idea of a hybrid, with the first party output of handheld and home added together makes me feel it will be the most perfect thing for me.

Now do I expect all my vc games to move across and party chat and all that? Well yeah, but I'm not confident about it, and it wouldn't affect my opinion like it will some of you.

Fully expect to see something solid about the machine in the next couple of weeks then, official or not.

I'm sort of with dazzy on it that I expect it to be really good, but i'm not totally over hyped on it like some people on GAF are, i'm just keen to see whatever it is Nintendo have created and have faith that they will make a great machine. As poorly as the Wii U has done sales wise it's still a great console with some fantastic games, so my worries for the NX are more towards how well received it is and how it sells rather than what Nintendo are going to do with it. They're not a perfect company by any means but I will always have faith in their ability to deliver games and hardware that I enjoy.

It's a Nintendo device. It plays Nintendo games. That's all I want :p

The Wii U and 3DS are possibly my favourite console and handheld respectively. They both brought my love of gaming back, so I am super excited if they're continuing with this quality of software output. Granted, one-screen Pokémon will suck ass, but I can get over it.

Edited by Serebii

I don't doubt it'll have good games, I just worry it'll be a poor machine.

I'd say the WiiU was a poor machine with good games. Not because it sold awfully but because it lacked features that have been industry standard since 2005! Yes, it had great games, but the console itself was lacking.

I hope they get all the features that are standard these days in the NX.

I'd say the WiiU was a poor machine with good games. Not because it sold awfully but because it lacked features that have been industry standard since 2005! Yes, it had great games, but the console itself was lacking.

I hope they get all the features that are standard these days in the NX.

But I play games to play games, not for superfluous features :/ While they may be useful in some cases, they aren't integral to gameplay.

But I play games to play games, not for superfluous features :/ While they may be useful in some cases, they aren't integral to gameplay.

When I'm playing online with my friends, party chat is not superfluous.

Whenever I get together with my mates, we don't all sit in silence together.

Whilst talking is useful in some cases, it's not integral to us spending time together... :rolleyes:

A very weak attempt at trying to justify the lack of such a feature.

A very weak attempt at trying to justify the lack of such a feature.

Wasn't trying to justify. Just that they aren't integral for me

Not true at all, there are many games where voice chat is integral to the gameplay. You'd be utterly decimated on most competitive FPS if you didn't communicate.

I hope they've gone with the Tegra X2 as opposed to the X1... that'd be a very pleasant surprise.

Hopefully that's what makes this reveal so "delayed".

Wasn't trying to justify. Just that they aren't integral for me

I get that but achievements aren't integral either but they are here now and shouldn't be ignored.

Yup. Their software was never an issue for me. It's their hardware and its features where the problem lies for myself and many of us on here.

I honestly don't care if it's a handheld, console or a hybrid, just as long as it has online features that have been industry standard for the last couple of generations.

Straight from the Fox's mouth, this is a crude drawing of the NX:

CtEbz0jW8AEYyPO.jpg

Not much to be garnered from the sketch but it seems odd that the 'dock' looks like it connects to the controller unit via a wire, rather than being a standard dock. There is also a poor translation of a description of the system:

Reprinted from Post Bar NX)

NX This is a host, handheld combo products, and is removable form, by the host body, performance support, and composition and handheld handle three parts.

The main body of the host contains an internal hard disk, cassette port, and a variety of interfaces composed supports TV video output.

Performance carrier is a small steel gun similar to a portable device, the main role to provide power, and Li-ion battery built-in power supply, CPU, GPU performance is also packaged in a carrier. Bluetooth, WI-FI, cable three signals transmission protocols. It plugs directly into a host body to become a similar "PS4" "XBone" host, can also be used by other protocols alone video signal to the handheld. Chip there are two possibilities, the first one is expected to adopt the latest Denver Nvdia Pascal architecture Tegra chip. Another is to use integrated solutions from AMD, R9 series 14nm GPU, the frequency of 800mhz.

PSP will handle part with 6-inch 720P, built a low-power processor, it can be provided to meet the requirements of low-quality basic operations without the use of performance support to help deal with the time. Also it can be handled by the performance of all operations of the carrier to display an image after processing, to achieve the level of performance of the host handheld experience. Somewhat similar Nvdia SHELD handheld gaming PC by synchronizing screen. However, the performance of the carrier coupled together carry handheld will not be very troublesome.

Add, no matter what kind of chip, chip performance and are far less than PS4 PS4 pro, do not have the performance too much fantasy. The main selling point is the host host separate handheld compact design and rich gameplay. It includes a series of new games and HD somatosensory game reset.

If the details are not announced in October, then to wait until early next year, welcomed the gravedigger, is completed.

Seems to indicate that the 'dock' will provide extra processing power and should utilise the latest Pascal Tegra chip (the X2) as DF had theorised.

Personally, I'm not sure I totally buy it as genuine. As garbled as the description is, its still pretty obvious that it's all over the place - referencing that it could use either an AMD or NVIDIA chip being the main sticking point. As someone pointed out elsewhere it contains a lot of info that a factory floor worker wouldn't know as well as not containing info that they would know (like the consoles name). It's something to discuss though.

Edited by killthenet

Wires make me a happy man. I know that's not what the sketchs hints at, but I would love if they gave us the possibility to assemble the controller parts in a way that you get a proper wired controller for playing at home.