NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Don't get it twisted, I have thicker skin than most - but you often lack the filters to know when you're simply being provocative. I'm sure if we met you wouldn't have that tune with me so there's no need for the hard talking, chest beating talk just because you're in a forum. Let's maintain a civil community - and refrain from aggressive undertones, we're all adults here.

I'm more than happy to block you if you're seriously having trouble understanding this.

You're clearly a very sensitive soul so maybe it is best yes, because if you say something which doesn't make sense, and someone calls it nonsensical, you see that as provocative, hard-talking, chest-beating then I seriously doubt your claim that you have a thicker skin than most. I literally cannot believe I'm having this conversation, over nonsensical. Utterly bonkers!!

I think it's more saying stuff like "that is nonsensical!!" The punctuation gives a more aggressive tone and one I don't believe you were trying to give off.

Basically never use more than one exclamation mark because it comes off as either angry or crazy :heh:

But I over use exclamation marks all the time, I'm sure it wouldn't take more than a look back over my last 10 posts to see that :)

I think it's sometimes difficult to ascertain the tone of something that is written.

Back on the NX.

What the chances of this being region free? Surely Nintendo are going to get with the times and have it region free.

Unfortunately slim to none, it would be amazing if it was though, you never know.

Not sure Nintendo as it stands can grow with just a handheld business. Remember this market is shrinking.

Luckily this is targeting handleld and home console business :)

I genuinely believe in the west nintendo market this as a home console you can take on the go!!

And in Japan a portable you can play on your tele.

But I over use exclamation marks all the time, I'm sure it wouldn't take more than a look back over my last 10 posts to see that :)

And to be fair, you come across as quite aggressive a lot of the time as well.

That is brilliant. The little controllers look great but still unsure how useful they'l be for a range of game. Almost feel their best use would be horizontal for simple retro/indie game, but the ergonomics don't quite add up.

My biggest worry is how do you control it on the big screen? Logic says there'll just be an extra controller bundled in , a pro or something, but knowing nintendo they may try and wrap it all in one and we get a seriously gimped/compromised controller.

That is brilliant. The little controllers look great but still unsure how useful they'l be for a range of game. Almost feel their best use would be horizontal for simple retro/indie game, but the ergonomics don't quite add up.

My biggest worry is how do you control it on the big screen? Logic says there'll just be an extra controller bundled in , a pro or something, but knowing nintendo they may try and wrap it all in one and we get a seriously gimped/compromised controller.

I'm imagining one in the left hand and one in the right hand... like a Wiimote & nunchuck but with D-Pad and extra buttons... albeit the placement could be a little better.

I'm imagining one in the left hand and one in the right hand... like a Wiimote & nunchuck but with D-Pad and extra buttons... albeit the placement could be a little better.

I guess the could throw in a "bridge" to join them together or something too... roll on September.

I guess the could throw in a "bridge" to join them together or something too... roll on September.

...why?! ::shrug:

They could be motion controlled and put to use independantly too.

@dazzybee - telling someone they're 'clearly a very sensitive soul' after they've already said you miss boundary cues and come over as provocative exactly highlights said behaviour. Ashley has also asked you to consider toning it down. You seem to lack the insight into understanding this - so this is your last warning to be mindful before your posts are edited or deleted or you are potentially banned from the thread. No further discussion on it - it's clear you are not understanding the point being made, and I won't back and forth about it.

Edit or delete them then, this is the most preposterous discussion I've had on here, and that says a hell of a lot. Utterly pathetic is a tame way I'd describe it actually, the fact you are pandering to this is just embarrassing. The stuff that gets said and posted on here, the sheer bias because that's just how pathetic things have become. Even the fact you are trying to make a point rather than PM-ing me.

I guess some people just may want amore traditional controller.

Well for one the bridge could house a battery for extended play sessions...

Well for one the bridge could house a battery for extended play sessions...

Ah! This makes sense to me now

As I write this I have my month old son trying to fall asleep on my lap. I'm sure things will get easier but at the moment I've tried to fire up Star Fox Zero and TP a few times since he popped out and every time he wakes/wants his food etc and that's it, switch the console off and forget about it.

Different games, but I feel your pain :hug:

I have no handheld, so would deffo welcome this hybrid concept.

Ah! This makes sense to me now

Also if the power and menu buttons are on the screened bit (which it would have to be if that could be independent) maybe it would have this too and maybe even a ps4 style touch pad.

If this leak has any legs - after the Wii - are people happy to have all these removable bits and bobs and attachments that will be essential for such a console?

This is so important for me. And may mean me not picking up an NX for a long time if it's not region free.

God, I'd forgot about that. I hope so. Might depend on how publishing-legals work out but region locks get more pointless on every format every year.

If this leak has any legs - after the Wii - are people happy to have all these removable bits and bobs and attachments that will be essential for such a console?

No, I want a traditional Nintendo home console.

Its looking like I'm getting a handheld that connects to the tele. Is this going to be as powerful as the PS4?

Are games going to be targeted towards the small screen or the TV?

Why do we need all of the removable bits and bobs?

If the NX is this then Nintendo really needs to send a clear message to the consumer explaining and showing what it is about otherwise we could be in another Wii U mess due to confused consumers.

Shamelessly reposting info from GAF but

[tweet]759072574777196544[/tweet]

Latest Nvidia teck in the NX.....oh sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

(can we post Tweets in some code on this forum? i tried the [tweet] tags)

Edited by Ashley
You just need the numeric bit at the end

Shamelessly reposting info from GAF but

[tweet]759072574777196544[/tweet]

Latest Nvidia teck in the NX.....oh sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

(can we post Tweets in some code on this forum? i tried the [tweet] tags)

Remove all of the tweet link but the numbers

What's a Pascal Tegra?

Looking on Gaf its the lastest generation of Nvidia Tegra & apparently the current-gen Nvidia GPU architecture, used in the GTX 10xx line.

Supposedly a subscriber only article on Semiaccurate said

The article is available to subscribers only, however the gist of it is this:

• Though Nvidia downplayed console margins, their pride was hurt by the loss in console contracts. All the talk about "focusing on Shield" was a cover for the fact that MS and Sony had soured on them and would not enter negotiations.
  • Nvidia team was told to get a console win or "go home." Enter Nintendo, who apparently made off very well in this deal. This to the point that SemiAccurate questions whether this is a "win" at all for Nvidia.
  • SA has heard that Nvidia are promising software, support, and the whole shebang at a very low cost. According to one source, Nvidia may even be taking a loss on this deal. (Take the second sentence here with an extra portion of salt)
  • Not mentioned which generation of Tegra or which process node will be used or when the handheld is scheduled for release.
  • No mention of the home console, but we can speculate what that might be and who might provide the chipset for that one.

http://semiaccurate.com/2016/05/12/g...-nintendos-nx/

And aparently there is some chipset conference in August where its expected Nvidia are showcasing their newest tech, so perhaps an announcement around that time will occur if the Nvidia rumours are true?

I'm well on this hype train now

giphy.gif

Very exciting news, I was 100% sold on the NX rumours before but this takes it to another level. It's looking like seriously impressive tech with a very clever innovation behind it. Throw in doubled-up first party software and I'll be there day 1