NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Zelda being delayed for a freakin' handheld version would be somewhat annoying.

The 3DS has a great line-up this year, whilst the Wii U is dead. I don't see the problem with releasing a home console in March. It hit's the financial year, and has a year to build. Then bring out one insane Christmas line-up... it's 9 months later when the real games often start coming anyway.

Talk of GTA5 is pointless, when Rockstar will hopefully be releasing Red Dead 3 this year. That's the game Nintendo need to go after from them.

Apart from Nintendo games there hasn't been much killer apps or a wide range of games on the system.

Like I said they are impressive numbers but i'm not shocked by them at all really. People have bought Nintendo games with MK8 being the system seller if you like. Nothing much else to buy apart from Nintendo games.

Not sure it works like that. Plenty games have bombed on the wii u.

Could it be later than March 2017? For investors Nintendo want to tell them it will be out this financial year but this could slip into later in the year.

Edited by liger05

No developer has been sent NX handheld dev kits but there's plenty of stuff out there regarding the home console.

I think it's obvious what is coming next.

Wii U released November 2012, November 2016 is it's 4th birthday, 4 months on NX releases.

GC sold about double what the Wii U has and made it to about 5 years 2 months (September 14, 2001-November 19, 2006)

To give NX adequate development time 52 months, vs Wii's 62.... I wouldn't be surprised if the NX was pushed back.... or is a collaboration between Nintendo and Xbox to bring console gaming to PC's... a DVD drive type of thing.

No developer has been sent NX handheld dev kits but there's plenty of stuff out there regarding the home console.

I think it's obvious what is coming next.

2525134-gj4tz.gif

:p

Yep, home console is a dead cert to be the first platform of NX.

Wii U released November 2012, November 2016 is it's 4th birthday, 4 months on NX releases.

GC sold about double what the Wii U has and made it to about 5 years 2 months (September 14, 2001-November 19, 2006)

To give NX adequate development time 52 months, vs Wii's 62.... I wouldn't be surprised if the NX was pushed back.... or is a collaboration between Nintendo and Xbox to bring console gaming to PC's... a DVD drive type of thing.

Dude, what the hell have you been smoking? :p

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

2525134-gj4tz.gif

Problem with that image is it suggests there's only a 20% of doom so I'm not sure if it's proving your point or someone else's :heh:

Also the hand is wobbly and that's annoying as hell.

Problem with that image is it suggests there's only a 20% of doom so I'm not sure if it's proving your point or someone else's :heh:

Pedantic, much :p

2525134-gj4tz.gif

Yep, home console is a dead cert to be the first platform of NX.

Dude, what the hell have you been smoking? :p

But @Dcubed says that handheld is definitely coming first. Which is it?

I personally think it makes sense for Nintendo to release home console first but this is Nintendo so I would expect some daft business decision being made.

Pedantic, much :p

Just thought I'd give you a chance to be on the other side ;)

If Nintendo aren't revealing NX at E3, I can only assume that it's in their best interests and that they're going to make sure everything is correctly in place for a successful reveal and launch when the time is right.

I'm actually excited : peace:

Just imagine if we had all been gearing up for Nintendo at E3, salivating for the expected NX onslaught only for it not to even appear. Part of me is gutted we'll never get to see what internet-destroying carnage that would have resulted in :heh:

Just imagine if we had all been gearing up for Nintendo at E3, salivating for the expected NX onslaught only for it not to even appear. Part of me is gutted we'll never get to see what internet-destroying carnage that would have resulted in :heh:

Haha. I never thought of that! The meltdowns ( mine included ) would have been glorious. :D

God damn, that'd have been amazing :p

So we're just over 10 months away from a next generation console launch and even in June we're not going to hear about it at the world's biggest electronic entertainment event? Am I reading this correctly?

Nintendo got fucked hard this generation for their complacency, I will shed no tears if it happens again.

WHAT upcoming Wii U titles?

Nintendo announce precisely nada last year. Zelda U and Starfox were the only good remaining titles for the system and those were released at E3 2014. What good stuff can they possibly announce that wouldn't be better off being released for the NX?

I'm just gonna reply to this in here as I feel it's more relevant to this thread.

I think this is where Nintendo are finding themselves in a very sticky position. Do you show some new Wii U games at E3 or hold on to them for the NX?

Paper Mario is coming. Pikmin 4 was hinted at by Miyamoto and Retro has been quiet for too long. There's also the possibility of an Animal Crossing game showing up to support the newly announced mobile game/app. Should all of these be prepped for the NX rather than the Wii U?

Personally, I would like to see Retro's game on the NX. The Wii U is dead and has been for quite some time and I would like their game to be released as a premium launch title for the new machine. As for the rest of them, i'm not too fussed about where they end up.

I will say that, as a company, I would be trying to keep back as many games as possible for the NX to ensure it has a strong launch and healthy moths following it.

Haha. I never thought of that! The meltdowns ( mine included ) would have been glorious. :D
The wool shop would have gone up in flames!

"We have ONE MORE THING for you..."

:D

OMG

:bouncy:

"... Mercedes Benz is coming to Splatoon! :santa:"

... Get Out

The only reason I can think for Zelda being the only hands-on title is that they'll be showing NX game trailers (but as we know, not the system itself) yet they want you to play these games hands-on so you "get" them and the NX isn't quite ready for hands-on.

So they'll throw their own event when the NX and these games are ready for a hands-on, roughly toward the end of the year.

The hands-on and full details of the NX will build the hype for release.

I hope. ::shrug:

"We have ONE MORE THING for you..."

OMG

:bouncy:

"... Mercedes Benz is coming to Splatoon! :santa:"

That still beats the Nintendo Land fireworks! :D What an awful E3 moment. :shakehead

Hopefully it means the return of Spaceworld.

Does anyone think that Nintendo delayed the NX to see what Sony's plans for the PS4K are? Obviously they wouldn't be able to make any major changes, but they could add more RAM and tweak the price before their announcement event.

Does anyone think that Nintendo delayed the NX to see what Sony's plans for the PS4K are? Obviously they wouldn't be able to make any major changes, but they could add more RAM and tweak the price before their announcement event.

I hope it returns, God knows that without E3 the NX will need it.

I don't think Nintendo have done that as a result of the PS4K, for two reasons:

1. They've never really cared what the others are doing and won't go for the "red ocean" strategy.

2. They are not business-savvy enough to do it for this reason.

I would love Spaceworld to return.

Nah. I imagine specs and stuff will be sorted before we see any PS4Ks on the shelves.

Some are thinking maybe something has gone wrong with the planning or the production side of things to cause a delay, especially when signs, rumours and sources were pointing to a release this year. Who knows? ::shrug:

I will say, the console better be up to snuff if it's now coming out next year. If it doesn't even match the regular PS4 in terms of raw power then it will be a joke coming straight out of the gate.

The only reason I can think for Zelda being the only hands-on title is that they'll be showing NX game trailers (but as we know, not the system itself) yet they want you to play these games hands-on so you "get" them and the NX isn't quite ready for hands-on.

So they'll throw their own event when the NX and these games are ready for a hands-on, roughly toward the end of the year.

The hands-on and full details of the NX will build the hype for release.

I hope. ::shrug:

Nintendo do use the expression "brand-new concept" when describing the NX in the report. If it is so new, could they really show off games from it without showing off the concept? Obviously depends what the concept is, but the possibility of just showing off games without the console may be as confusing as when they showed off the GamePad without the console.

Nintendo do use the expression "brand-new concept" when describing the NX in the report. If it is so new, could they really show off games from it without showing off the concept? Obviously depends what the concept is, but the possibility of just showing off games without the console may be as confusing as when they showed off the GamePad without the console.

I guess it all depends how much gameplay they were to show. They could do cinematic trailers and include gameplay that appears to be straightforward enough... just wet the appetite a bit for NX, get at least a little hype going for it, then announce the date the NX event will be..?

I dunno, I just think it's utterly insane for them to go into the biggest event in the industry with just one hands-on game and having nothing for NX.

Can't they really be that stupid?! Even for Nintendo that's daft.

I find a march release really strange. Aren't consoles ALWAYS released before christmas? Plus, this puts the console out after the PS4K.

I find a march release really strange. Aren't consoles ALWAYS released before christmas? Plus, this puts the console out after the PS4K.

I reckon it'll come out with Zelda and a few other titles, some possibly being the rumoured MK8 and Smash ports, then for the Christmas period next year the next big 3D Mario will be released, as a bundle too, to give it the big shove they'll have missed out on this year.