NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

One of the reasons must have been that the Wii U did not offer them the right software though.

Those two games when they did come out had weird releases and were not exactly promoted.

They should have been launch games (and had more dev effort).

Yeah Wii Sports should have had a definitive Wii U entry, instead of a weird under the radar re-release with online.

And I don't remember either game getting any real advertising.

Does anyone know if there's a specific time for the investors meeting? I'm guessing it'll be about 9am Tokyo time, so that'd be about 1am GMT.

There were adverts and even an event in Time's Square but yeah, did kind of fly under the radar.

There were adverts and even an event in Time's Square but yeah, did kind of fly under the radar.

Isn't that event for Wii Sports Resort for the Wii rather than Wii Sports Club on the Wii U?

Isn't that event for Wii Sports Resort for the Wii rather than Wii Sports Club on the Wii U?

Oh yeah I completely got those names mixed up.

I'll go back to sleep.

Turns out it's at 4pm Japanese time, so that's 8am GMT. Serkan Toto has tweeted that there'll be discussion of future products and that unlike the event in October we're actually likely to hear new products announced, so that hopefully means we'll see another mobile game.

Anyone else notice Reggie has been extremely quiet lately? Maybe it's just situational, but he used to do quite a lot of interviews, and things with Keighley etc...

I hope GTA5 gets a NX release. An old game but for me it would be a sign Nintendo are trying to get the mature game audience. Pay for the port if they have to.

Anyone else notice Reggie has been extremely quiet lately? Maybe it's just situational, but he used to do quite a lot of interviews, and things with Keighley etc...

Hoping E3 will have someone else on stage.

Back to wii u sports. Didn't kincect sports on xb1 show again that people are not interested in that type of game anymore?

Edited by liger05
Automerged Doublepost

Does anyone know if there's a specific time for the investors meeting? I'm guessing it'll be about 9am Tokyo time, so that'd be about 1am GMT.

Meaning tonight at 1am?...!

Meaning tonight at 1am?...!

There's conflicting information, there's definitely a meeting at 4pm in Japan (so 8am UK time) but there might be a briefing at 10am in Japan as well, which would be 2am UK time. So if you're going to be up late tonight it might be worth having a quick look at gaming sites around that time, just in case we hear something.

I hope GTA5 gets a NX release. An old game but for me it would be a sign Nintendo are trying to get the mature game audience. Pay for the port if they have to.
Red Dead 2 would be a win.

I really don't think they should have any old games on the system, it's what made Wii u launch look weak.

I really don't think they should have any old games on the system, it's what made Wii u launch look weak.

I think GTA 5 is a good move for nintendo. Having that Day 1 would send out the right message and give us some kind of hope for GTA going forward.

good test to see if the nintendo fanbase will buy these kind of games. That game still sells very well on PS4. Its old yes but people are still buying this game.

I would be very impressed if this was released on NX and would buy it day 1.

Someone on Gaf was kind enough to sort out a list of people who will have the details of the briefing and will be posting on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/JosephTico/lists/nintendo-briefing

EDIT: Looks like the NX is launch in March.

For Nintendo 3DS, we will release Pokémon Sun/Pokémon Moon globally in winter of 2016 (holiday 2016 in the U.S. and late 2016 in Europe). These are the latest titles from the Pokémon series, which has sold 200 million units worldwide since the first title from the series released 20 years ago. We will also release a number of titles including Kirby: Planet Robobot and Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Strongly anticipated titles from third-party publishers are also scheduled for release.

With the release of these titles, we will re-energize the platform and aim to expand our reach globally to a broad audience,

including female and younger consumer demographics.

For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed “NX”

with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally.

As for amiibo, we will continue to expand the product lineup in order to maintain momentum. At the same time, we will

aim to further expand sales by offering new gaming experiences with the use of amiibo. For our content download business, we will continue to offer appealing additional download content that enhance the characteristics of each game. We believe this will keep games actively played and maintain their popularity. Also, for our smart device business, following Miitomo, we will continuously release new apps in order to expand the revenue base as a business.

EDIT 2: Looks like Zelda has been delayed to 2017.

[News] had been scheduled to be released in 2016, but is the Wii U, "The Legend of Zelda: The latest", for further quality improvement, now that I am allowed to delay the release in 2017. Humbly thank you for your understanding. It should be noted that, in the Wii U version and the simultaneous release schedule, we are also developing the NX version.

EDIT 3: [tweet]725221190176907265[/tweet]

WHAT THE HELL!?

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Just came to post that last tweet. What the hell Nintendo. It looks like they're trying to make themselves more and more irrelevant in today's gaming market. E3 is where you need to blow out all you've got coming. Sure, have other events too. But E3 is where you get the likes of BBC News on board. Massive mistake if true.

Wow, no E3 appearance!? That's a shocker!

Told you guys that the first NX console was a handheld. That's the standard month of release they choose for their handheld releases (GBA/GBC/DS/3DS). No way would they ever release a console worldwide outside of the Xmas season.

Oh! So do we have to endure the whole of 2016 with only a couple of major Wii U releases? Roll on 2017!

Zelda delay is fine for me. Make it the best ever game and take how long you need. However, in my opinion not releasing the NX could be an error. What major releases has the Wii U had in the past 4 months? Is it just Starfox and Twilight Princess HD?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - 24/6/2016

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games TM - 24/6/2016

Paper Mario: Color Splash - 2016

The Legend of Zelda (temp.) - 2017

Project Giant Robot (temp.) - TBD

That's the Wii U release schedule. Sure, more might be announced at E3, but is it likely when the Wii U is practically dead and development should have moved to NX? We're not even getting Zelda this year. Basically nothing to look forward to.

What the hell have they got for the Wii U in terms of big holiday releases then? Paper Mario? Are we going to get another line up of Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis

Can't believe they aren't gonna show off the NX at E3. Really baffling decision.

If Zelda launches on the Wii U and NX at the same time, then they are sending the Wii U version out to die.

What the hell have they got for the Wii U in terms of big holiday releases then? Paper Mario? Are we going to get another line up of Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis

Can't believe they aren't gonna show off the NX at E3. Really baffling decision.

If Zelda launches on the Wii U and NX at the same time, then they are sending the Wii U version out to die.

Retro Studios' new game is due for unveil and release this year. That'll probably be their big holiday title for Wii U.

Otherwise, we have Pikmin 4 and probably another EPD developed title as well.

So the Wii U ended up getting a 5 year lifecycle after all (because there's no way the NX console is coming out before November 2017 now). Nice :)