NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I disagree, I think when you look at the biggest selling games on the PS4 and XBO, they're all third party games. Third party games are clearly the driving force behind those two consoles - on Nintendo consoles first party games are the driving force.

It's why NSMBU has sold three times as many copies as Knack or The Order, despite being on a console with a tiny user base. Yet games like FIFA, COD, Battlefront and GTA are lighting up the sales charts on the PS4 and doing numbers that Nintendo must be eyeing with envy!

When you say "It's why" NSMBU sold more, can you elaborate? (Genuine question, I don't understand)

Knack and The Order sold poorly because they're just shit.

Edited by Shorty

I often wonder what percentage of PS4 owners don't even qualify themselves as gamers necessarily, and only buy the console for COD, FIFA and maybe GTA and play nothing else.

14.2%

______

Not at all. I'm well aware of the situation and what it could mean for the NX, both good and bad.

I'd rather any other console be discussed elsewhere as all it leads to is childish arguments and personal insults, as seen on the previous page. If people can talk sensibly about the situation then great but we've seen that isn't the case on these boards.

All i'm trying to do is keep the peace and move the conversation on to something more positive.

About the fates entwined...maybe it could be positive? Let's face it, like has been said power-wise PS4>>>X0. And the NX supposedly >>>PS4. The new PS4 could bring them equal footing...could we actually see X0 pushed to third position with "most optimised version" being Sony and Nintendo with Xbox left in the "worst version' situation rather than Nintendo as it usually has been? Therefore the new PS4 "could" be seen as a good thing for Nintendo. With the supposed ease to port and possible secondary port later of NX handheld giving devs even more reason to focus on it, could we be looking at Nintendo shifting into one of the top spots for multi-console ports and Xbox out of it...?

When they going to announce it? Really hope it isn't @ E3. E3 should be all about showing the games rather than wasting time with th console reveal.

Who'll be day one-ing this?

Or who'll be day one-ing this if it launches with Zelda U?

I think a Zelda launch title will be such a powerful driving force, the world is thirsting for it.

Currently I'm planning to buy it on launch, but I think I'll go for Zelda on the Wii U over getting it for NX, I feel like I owe it to the Wii U to give it a great send off before moving over to the NX.

That of course could all change depending on what Nintendo show off at E3. They'd have to screw up spectacularly for me to not buy the NX on launch though.

I have absolutely no intention on buying it at launch right now, but I know Zelda being on it will tempt me an awful lot, even if it is on Wii U too. All depends whether it seems "better" on NX than Wii U or not. Zelda is the only game that could do that to me.

Need to find out what NX actually is first!

I'll buy it on Day 1 with Zelda if...

Nintendo deliver on Zelda... as in whatever the big shake up they've got planned for it needs to work/be appealing.

And I'd also need a strong indication of what's to come on NX, the types of games they plan to release for it, and how they've learnt from the Wii U.

I haven't decided.

IMHO, I'll wait until E3. And base my choice on what'll be in the launch window. It's such a shame I no longer can trust Nintendo to deliver the goods anymore.

I don't know... I've bought all Nintendo home consoles and handhelds day one since the Gamecube, but as both the 3DS and the WiiU had quite terrible starting periods and their first good games where only released after 8 to 12 months, I think I will hold back this time. At least until we know more about the games. Without good launch games, I'll wait. Maybe there'll even be an price-drop until good games are released (as with the 3DS).

BUT if Zelda is a launch title, then yeah, that's enough for me. :P

OR maybe the console reveal event will be so cool that I'll be mega-hyped and I'll buy it day one anyway... :P

I think a Zelda launch title will be such a powerful driving force, the world is thirsting for it.

To the surprise of no-one, I'm day 1ing it.

Twice if there's a Pokémon game at launch in Japan but not here.

Nintendo have not let me down. They have my faith to deliver.

If it's got Party Chat at OS level, I'll day 1 it. If it doesn't, I probably won't buy the thing.

giphy.gif

Wait...

:p

Won't buy it at launch, unless I win the lottery which I don't play...

Depending on how the first year looks I might get it further down the line, though. :)

To the surprise of no-one, I'm day 1ing it.

Twice if there's a Pokémon game at launch in Japan but not here.

Nintendo have not let me down. They have my faith to deliver.

A Pokemon game on a home console?!

Hblshblhglshbsgf!

With my current feeling on Nintendo I wont be buying it day one. That could all change when its finally revealed of course but if its just the same old franchises I think I could be done with Nintendo.

A Pokemon game on a home console?!

Hblshblhglshbsgf!

One came out last month...

giphy.gif

Wait...

:p

Won't buy it at launch, unless I win the lottery which I don't play...

Depending on how the first year looks I might get it further down the line, though. :)

Funnily enough, it's not actually bait. That is absolutely my stance. I don't play on my WiiU for this very reason... if we had it I'd play MK8, Smash and Splatoon all the time! That's the gods honest truth! :(

I think it will depend on my circumstances. The PS4 hits the sports/racing itch I have. I've just picked up a Logitech G29 wheel for Driveclub/Project Cars and there's still Dirt Rally to buy - so well happy with that. FIFA/PES scratch my sports itch every year too.

The WiiU will be a great household/multiplayer console for Mario Kart/NSMB/Wii Party etc. and the Wii back catalogue. When NX delivers the goods in regards to software I'll probably jump in. I'm just very dubious about buying another console seeing as the combined catalogue of PS4/WiiU currently gives me enough to game on.

Unless NX delivers another social experience that will benefit the household (like Wii/WiiU does), I'll be waiting this time*. Sad too as a new Nintendo console launch purchase is usually something I really look forward to!

*Note: unless I crack!

I doubt I'll buy it at all, let alone Day 1. Maybe if a couple of good games grab me, but I was burnt somewhat by the Wii U.

I'm on it- New console shininess!

Its always pretty cool to get a new console. Just hope some of these updates on software are true.

I am planning to buy it, but not on launch day as it is not really possible to do it in my country.

It's extremely difficult to know if you'll buy something when you don't even know what it is yet :heh:

I'd like to think that I'll be so blown away by the revelations at E3 that I simply won't be able to wait when the NX launches but I was definitely burnt a little by paying over £200 for the original 3DS at launch, even if I did enjoy those early days with Pilotwings Resort :hehe:

With Wii U, I was extremely uncertain from the outset and would have been happy to wait for several months had it not been for my brother surprising me with it that Christmas. I was glad that I felt I had the opportunity to put time into Nintendo Land as a result of getting it early because I may not have appreciated it as much if I had several other significant releases to catch up on.

It's extremely difficult to know if you'll buy something when you don't even know what it is yet :heh:
This. :hehe:

Anyway, my thoughts on the matter haven't changed:

I'd like to say that I won't purchase another Nintendo console on day 1, but I'm smart enough to know that I'm dumb enough to make the same mistake again. :heh:

Yeah, both 3DS and Wii U (especially Wii U) weren't exsactly great day 1 purchases in hindsight. But having said that, I did enjoy playing both of them right from the start, I'm still playing them now, and I'll hopefully be playing them for a while yet.

At the end of the day my main issue with Nintendo remains the same as it has been for quite some time now, I simply want them to be much more consistent with their own software output. ::shrug:

3+ month gaps are a complete pisstake, and should never happen. Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but I would've preferred it if they held back the launch of Wii U until they had a steady lineup of games ready to go. And the same applies to the next system, just hold on to it until there are enough titles ready to avoid droughts. With the 3rd party situation being the way it is now, it appears to be the only option they have.

Anyway, of course I'm sticking with Nintendo in the future. I'll definitely continue to game on PC and other consoles too, but as long as Nintendo are producing the amazing games they always have, I'll sure as hell be playing them. :)