NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Absolutely furious :nono:

I went onto GAME's Live Chat and apparently there is some sort of delay with sending the console out to Northern Ireland (even though we're in the UK ::shrug:) and I'll 'get an update' on Monday. Not a delivery.. an update :blank:

Genuinely gutted. I should have expected this from GAME but they've lost yet another customer after this..

I went onto GAME's Live Chat and apparently there is some sort of delay with sending the console out to Northern Ireland (even though we're in the UK ::shrug:) and I'll 'get an update' on Monday. Not a delivery.. an update :blank:

Genuinely gutted. I should have expected this from GAME but they've lost yet another customer after this..

A delay?! It's not like the release should have come as a surprise to them. That's terrible.

Edit: Just now reading that delays are affecting quite a few people. How has this happened?

Edited by V. Amoleo

Anywhere near where you live has any in stock? Buy another one and cancel/return the one from GAME.

My copy of Breath of the wild hasn't turned up! Fuming with Amazon, I'm a prime member and every order I make comes next day delivery via Amazon Logistics. My Breath of the Wild order? It's been sent via Royal Mail First Class Tracked, it's still listed as out for delivery, so that means it's coming Monday now since the tracking mentions 1-2 working days

Time for an Angey Live chat

My copy of Breath of the wild hasn't turned up! Fuming with Amazon, I'm a prime member and every order I make comes next day delivery via Amazon Logistics. My Breath of the Wild order? It's been sent via Royal Mail First Class Tracked, it's still listed as out for delivery, so that means it's coming Monday now since the tracking mentions 1-2 working days

Time for an Angey Live chat

Would be surprised if you didn't get Zelda tomorrow

Are you going to do this? Not sure I can be bothered.

My Switch never arrived from NUK and my Zelda didn't arrive from SG either.

I ended up getting both from Argos and will return what I don't need when it eventually shows up.

For now I'm just enjoying the game and de-stressing after all that NUK nonsense, I'll put it behind me and enjoy this ace little bit of kit. It's taking me a little while to get used to the tiny controller! But I feel like I will.

Anywhere near where you live has any in stock? Buy another one and cancel/return the one from GAME.

At this point, I'm just going to suck it up and wait :sad:

As disappointing as it is, it's not like there aren't other games I could be playing..

Yodel finally have the package at their depot, has taken 12 hours to get from Nintendo to them, absolutely ridiculous. Should be arriving tomorrow though.

My brother did get his from Very though and bought it round tonight so I have at least got to play on it. I'm really impressed by the hardware but the Joy Cons do feel quite small, the buttons especially are much smaller than I expected and the shoulder buttons are very thin. We played on 1 2 Switch for a bit and I was pretty underwhelmed by it, although the HD Rumble is definitely really cool. We also played Snipperclips which was so much fun, really look forward to playing it more when mine arrives.

Edited by killthenet

So I got home from an eight hour shift at work today to find...

...no Switch delivery at all. :(

ShopTo sent me an e-mail stating that there would be a Switch delivery delay meaning no console from them until Monday.

As for Nintendo Store UK, they're just like... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully my main Switch will be coming tomorrow, probably not in the morning though while I'm here, no you can bet it will likely be at a stupid time when no one is about to sign for it I bet. :hmm:

I'm really hoping NUK deliver tomorrow at a sensible time, at least then I'd have Zelda, the console and all the accessories while Super Bomberman R will likely be bundled with the ShopTo delivery.

Othewise, no Switch this launch weekend for me. :sad:

I did get the two Joy-Con straps, charging grip and AC power adapter which I ordered seperately though so... yay? ::shrug:

Oh and Zelda Breath of the Wild for Wii U - got it for my brother mainly - which I'm sorely tempted to unseal and start playing now despite the fact that I should have the Switch version tomorrow.

Nah... I think I'll just play a bit of Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4 instead. : peace:

Ah well, SOON!

So I got home from an eight hour shift at work today to find...

...no Switch delivery at all. :(

ShopTo sent me an e-mail stating that there would be a Switch delivery delay meaning no console from them until Monday.

As for Nintendo Store UK, they're just like... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hopefully my main Switch will be coming tomorrow, probably not in the morning though while I'm here, no you can bet it will likely be at a stupid time when no one is about to sign for it I bet. :hmm:

I'm really hoping NUK deliver tomorrow at a sensible time, at least then I'd have Zelda, the console and all the accessories while Super Bomberman R will likely be bundled with the ShopTo delivery.

Othewise, no Switch this launch weekend for me. :sad:

I did get the two Joy-Con straps, charging grip and AC power adapter which I ordered seperately though so... yay? ::shrug:

Oh and Zelda Breath of the Wild for Wii U - got it for my brother mainly - which I'm sorely tempted to unseal and start playing now despite the fact that I should have the Switch version tomorrow.

Nah... I think I'll just play a bit of Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4 instead. : peace:

Ah well, SOON!

I feel your pain dude! My tracking now says

We have been notified that your item is being shipped by the retailer; the next scan will appear when we receive this item into our network.

Which, at almost 1am, is fairly disheartening.. but I guess better than Royal Mail outright rejecting the tracking number like earlier, right?

I thought it would have been a day one purchase for you.

I can't afford it. Literally, can't afford the damn thing.

Yeah, my reaction to the price of the console a while back wasn't without reason.

I can't afford it. Literally, can't afford the damn thing.

Yeah, my reaction to the price of the console a while back wasn't without reason.

Sorry to hear that. :(

At least you are getting to play and enjoy Zelda still. Also, given the situation with the joycons, waiting may be a good thing. By the time you ( me too ) pick one up they may have sorted the issue, either via an update or a change in the internal design of the controller. Silver linings and all that.

On the phone to Nintendo now to see if they have any ideas what's going on at all. Not holding my breath. Tracking says the order hasn't even entered the RM system.

On the phone to Nintendo now to see if they have any ideas what's going on at all. Not holding my breath. Tracking says the order hasn't even entered the RM system.

Mine has just arrived moments ago so stay strong Dyson! :)

Fingers-crossed that you get your Switch soon as well. : peace:

Still got second set of Joy-Cons to arrive yet but... they'll probably be in the main post I guess, my Switch came by Royal Mail van.

Mine has just arrived moments ago so stay strong Dyson! :)

Fingers-crossed that you get your Switch soon as well. : peace:

Still got second set of Joy-Cons to arrive yet but... they'll probably be in the main post I guess, my Switch came by Royal Mail van.

Nice dude, what does your RM tracking say now?

Nice dude, what does your RM tracking say now?

It has now updated with...

Latest update: Delivered to your address or a neighbour

Before that though, I got a text/e-mail saying that it was out for attempted delivery.

Ah.. no such message for me :(

RM just been and gone, no luck. Still on hold..

Ah.. no such message for me :(

RM just been and gone, no luck. Still on hold..

If that was your normal post that's just been and gone, it should come via seperate delivery van, just might not be out for delivery yet but I'd imagine it would be today... I really hope so. :smile:

If that was your normal post that's just been and gone, it should come via seperate delivery van, just might not be out for delivery yet but I'd imagine it would be today... I really hope so. :smile:

I appreciate your optimism dude!

Just got off the phone with Nintendo Store.. they don't know where my parcel is is the short version.

The guy on the other end of the phone did several checks for me with no results and said (sounding super exasperated at the day he has had) that compensation would be arranged via an email to the admin team. I thanked him for his time and said regardless of his helpfulness, I'd still like to speak to a manager.

After a couple of minutes I was put through to James who was also very friendly but tinged with stress at firefighting, who said that he has authorised an £18 refund to my Nintendo account and will be calling me back before he leaves with an update. He hoped it would be with good news but said if it doesn't arrive today we can discuss further compensation at that point.

I feel for them, I know this isn't their fault and they're only acting on the information given to them by their fulfillment team. But my word, what a clusterfuck.

I'm so sorry to hear of so many issues with various retailers yesterday after I was in here the other day telling everyone not to worry. If you've been in the Zelda thread, you'll see that I even had issues of my own with Wii U Breath of the Wild from Amazon!

It's very odd that many sites that usually are so reliable for people dropped the ball on a major console launch, and then too don't have a clue about what's going on when you contact them!

I hope everyone who is having any issues gets them resolved ASAP so they can start enjoying Switch as soon as possible.

My NUK order finally arrived. Picked up one at Argos yesterday though so back it goes to Nintendo. Tempted to open it and steal the Zelda t-shirt though lol

So I contacted Hermes again and looking and behold, they have my package. Being delivered before 4pm today.

Relieved. That said, we managed to find a Neon Switch via Click and Collect at ASDA that we booked - ironically, our pickup time was set for 4pm but it looks like we won't need it.

Just excited to have it here and have the saga come to an end!

@Shorty and anyone else - might be worth a check if you're still waiting for NUK.