NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Just walked out of game... after canceling my pre-order :cry:

*bangs head against wall in frustration*

Nintendo UK have really, truly dropped the ball on this one. 2:40pm and my Royal Mail tracking number STILL says:

Please check the reference number is correct.

Spoke to Nintendo this morning who told me the number should update at 12/1 and to call back if it hadn't. Then got through to someone at 1:45 being told something different.

So far it has been a total disaster of a day off as I haven't been able to take my mind off of it or head out, and the worst part is I don't even know if it will be turning up today at all!

So frustrated right now.

Nintendo UK have really, truly dropped the ball on this one. 2:40pm and my Royal Mail tracking number STILL says:

Spoke to Nintendo this morning who told me the number should update at 12/1 and to call back if it hadn't. Then got through to someone at 1:45 being told something different.

So far it has been a total disaster of a day off as I haven't been able to take my mind off of it or head out, and the worst part is I don't even know if it will be turning up today at all!

So frustrated right now.

Mine was delivered by Hermes even though they gave me a RM tracking number, so yours probably is probably getting delivered by another courier service which might be why the code doesn't work.

So frustrated right now.

It's no consolation I know but I'm in the same place. Still vaguely hopefull it's gonna appear soon. However, my Simply Games Zelda never showed, either.

It's no consolation I know but I'm in the same place. Still vaguely hopefull it's gonna appear soon. However, my Simply Games Zelda never showed, either.

It is slight consolation my man, knowing I'm not the only person in a similar situation makes me glad I'm not a unique case!

I have verything bar Bomberman. I ordered it from Base.com and they dispatched it on 01/03/17. Gutted that it has not arrived yet.

Nintendo UK is truly useless. After getting an email before 4pm yesterday guaranteeing that it would be dispatched for delivery today it took them until 9am this morning to finally dispatch the package. Now at nearly 4pm Yodel still haven't received the actual goods. I pre-ordered on January 13th as soon as orders went live yet won't be getting it on launch day. I'm on hold with Nintendo now, doubt they'll be able to do much though.

@Dyson some people are reporting an email with a Hermes tracking number in and an explanation that it was a mixup. Any chance you're one of those lucky ones? (I'm not)

Been on hold for an hour now @Dyson or @Shorty did you guys call Nintendo earlier? I know they've messed up a lot of orders but they must be getting a tonne of calls for me to have been on hold for this long.

No I don't really see the point in ringing them, I'm assuming it's really been dispatched in which case they can't really expedite the process at this point. I'm happy-ish with my backup plan.

Feel bad for everyone with issues.

My ShopTo went smoothly, but I cancelled my Zelda pre-order there a while back to use Amazon instead as it was cheaper. But I checked my wife's Amazon account last night and we'd forgotten to pre-order it somehow - unbelievable. So it was off to the shops this morning to try and locate a Zelda, I could only find a special edition, so had to get that!

Although ShopTo have been very good I think I might do the Smyths midnight launch next time. Clearly things can go wrong with couriers and it's good to know it is all sorted the night before and no waiting around.

PS if you got an invite from SpaceBen that is me! :)

Edited by Space

I've just got home from work and there's nothing here and no way for me to track progress :sad:

If it comes tomorrow, it won't be too bad but if not then I won't get a proper chance to play until Wednesday :hmm:

No I don't really see the point in ringing them, I'm assuming it's really been dispatched in which case they can't really expedite the process at this point. I'm happy-ish with my backup plan.

I was just confused because Yodel don't seem to know anything about it so wasn't sure if they might have sent it with another courier or through Royal Mail so wanted to clear that up. I got through to them after just over an hour, hoped they would be able to provide some sort of compensation but they just said wait and see if it comes today. The guy was pretty nice and I got to vent a bit at least.

@Dyson some people are reporting an email with a Hermes tracking number in and an explanation that it was a mixup. Any chance you're one of those lucky ones? (I'm not)

That's a no from me as well unfortunately. Still nothing. A few people in similar positions to us saying that they've had theirs turn up by Royal Mail at about half three, and even after it was delivered the tracking wasn't working, so there's some (albeit miniscule at this point) hope..

Yodel still don't have a clue where it is so i'm completely in limbo at the moment. I hope this doesn't sour my experience with the Switch when it finally arrives.

So NUK's phone line is apparently "closed for training until 3pm" - fucking lol

What a fucking shambles.

So NUK's phone line is apparently "closed for training until 3pm" - fucking lol

What a fucking shambles.

Urgent training on left controller issues id recon

Urgent training on left controller issues id recon

Are they really that bad? I assumed it was an urgent update for everyone on the delivery issues, but I got through after that and they say there's no news

I just don't understand how neither Royal Mail not Nintendo seem to actually know what's going on with this thing. It's baffling.

Are they really that bad? I assumed it was an urgent update for everyone on the delivery issues, but I got through after that and they say there's no news

I just don't understand how neither Royal Mail not Nintendo seem to actually know what's going on with this thing. It's baffling.

Nintendo UKs logistics are pretty bad. And well Royal Mail? Surely thats enough said?

EDIT: sorry I know people are urgently awaiting deliveries. Im sick, it makes me mean when I dont mean to be.

EDIT: sorry I know people are urgently awaiting deliveries. Im sick, it makes me mean when I dont mean to be.

Got two packages waiting for me at home apparently.

Need to get out of work NOW!!! :cry:

Got two packages waiting for me at home apparently.

Need to get out of work NOW!!! :cry:

Getting pulling the fire alarm!