NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

What's the current status of your GAME bundle, @Eddage?

I got my dispatch email today but there's no tracking number and it says it's 2 working days with free courier. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in relation to a delivery tomorrow :blank:

Mine was dispatched earlier today via DPD next day delivery.

Will get a one hour time slot in the morning.

Mine was dispatched earlier today via DPD next day delivery.

Will get a one hour time slot in the morning.

Hmm.. It seems a little strange/unfair that I didn't get something similar :sad:

My Nintendo uk order has shipped.......with Yodel? Oh crap could it be a worse courier? Hermes is better

Still staggered the friend adding situation is. It's so so bad. Even the update is pretty terrible. All the nnid and Nintendo do accounts stuff is awful as it is, too many things, too confusing, and they are saying we can add players via nnid (though presume it just recommends people rather than adding them via it) and not the new Nintendo account designed specifically for switch. It blows my mind that Nintendo has done this. It's so dumb.... why not just have an add user ID? It's so basic. So obvious. I need to try and forget as it's souring things slightly....

Had exactly this situation and almost decapitated my toys let alone throw them out of the pram.

Hopefully I get a delivery time in the morning, using Royal Mail for mine, I messaged them earlier in the week as have had buzzer problems for my flat, told them to put my number on the account, let driver know...Still not convinced there won't be a balls up

This is the time when the world starts to tremble and the evening sky is a crimson impending doom-red... its an absolute pleasure to be sharing these moments with you guys. If we've had any disputes, beef or whatnot lets bury the hatchet and go into this new gen arm in arm.

Feels so effing good to be alive about now... was cycling home defensively from work to ensure I reach this moment lol.

I think we're lucky to have a situation like this again. Hardware, software - everything seems "right". Feels like an OOT/N64 moment to me.

I think we're lucky to have a situation like this again. Hardware, software - everything seems "right". Feels like an OOT/N64 moment to me.

I couldn't agree more, could be the start of a new triumphant Nintendo. If Arms and splatoon 2 are massive hits I could see the Switch success snowballing. God I'm excited.

I couldn't agree more, could be the start of a new triumphant Nintendo. If Arms and splatoon 2 are massive hits I could see the Switch success snowballing. God I'm excited.

Indeed. I loved the GameCube + Wind Waker synergy too, but it wasn't all that popular. I really get the sense Nintendo can supply what the public genuinely wants this time.

Well, it's 22:45 and I still haven't received a dispatch email so I'm most likely not getting my Switch tomorrow. Pretty annoying and almost certainly down to my bank refusing the initial payment, but hopefully I get it on Saturday at the latest. Until then I'm going to try and avoid forums and game news sites so that I don't feel like I'm missing out! Hope everyone enjoys their new consoles though!

Amazon has just dispatched my Switch and Zelda. I was starting to get worried...

Amazon has just dispatched my Switch and Zelda. I was starting to get worried...

Same here, Blade. Sounds like we got emails at exactly the same time.

Who will be the first outside of the midnight launchers to post the 'Switch Get!' pic?! :D

So excited to take delivery and get it all set up!

Tomorrow will be even more tense than today I reckon!

Whos getting it at midnight? My local game at Westfield Stratford London is doing one... Weird as the centre closes at 10pm but then re-opens.

Whos getting it at midnight? My local game at Westfield Stratford London is doing one... Weird as the centre closes at 10pm but then re-opens.

Westfields do that quite a lot. They just block off access to other areas and pay a lot for security.

I am not going to the midnight launch as its 23:42 and I'm still doing work. Plus the Wii U midnight launch was about as exciting as a wet aubergine.

Serebii is doing midnight I believe.

i'd have loved to have done one, but I like sleep too much.

i'd have loved to have done one, but I like sleep too much.

Same here, I don't really get the point of midnight releases. Do people then stay up all night or just get it home and go to bed?

Same here, I don't really get the point of midnight releases. Do people then stay up all night or just get it home and go to bed?

By the time I'd get home I'd be going to bed I wouldn't want to set it up at that hour.

But I do go to sleep at 11 latest most nights. I'm so rock and roll. :p

I think most people would probably take it home and set it up, play it a little and then go to bed. Then they can wake up knowing they already have it and can just get on with playing it whenever.

Westfields do that quite a lot. They just block off access to other areas and pay a lot for security.

I am not going to the midnight launch as its 23:42 and I'm still doing work. Plus the Wii U midnight launch was about as exciting as a wet aubergine.

Ah, never really noticed. Just came from the Gymbox there though didn't see much of a fuss yet.

This is probably a stupid question, but does the Switch etc. come fully charged straight out of the box?

Those having DPD delivery, the DPD app is pretty good if you don't already have it.

Doesn't say much at the min but mine has updated to say that my parcel is on its way to the Stoke depot. From there it's on its way to meeeee!