NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Taken from gaf

Eureka, they got this bit right.

That's not too bad then. They got the most important bit right at least. It's only a little less convenient than before in that case.

Edit: Friend request image...

M5ECEPg.jpg

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah, seems fine. Given they let you change usernames could this be why you can't add people that way, as it confuses things? Maybe that's the reason Sony don't want you changing your PSN name.

Nah, I agree with clownferret. Friend codes are an inconvenience to be sure and it is telling that Nintendo arent really listening to its fans in this regard - but is it news worthy of going all DEFCON1 over? I'd say not, but it is an annoyance.

Edited by Rummy

Yeah, seems fine. Given they let you change usernames could this be why you can't add people that way, as it confuses things? Maybe that's the reason Sony don't want you changing your PSN name.

If it's built on a decent data structure the username should be a public variable tied to a private unique identifier. Although I have no idea why you can't change your PSN name.

Nah, I agree with clownferret. Friend codes are an inconvenience to be sure and it is telling that Nintendo arent really listening to its fans in this regard - but is it news worthy of going all DEFCON1 over? I'd say not, but it is an annoyance.

It most defiantly is when the President and COO of Nintendo of America said friend codes would not be a thing on the Switch.

Why did he say that. There is no defense possible once the president of the company says one thing and then the company do something different.

With the the Wii U Reggie claimed third party games at launch would look and perform best on the wii u.

Does this guy never get tired of lying?

Edited by liger05

If it was like how it was on 3DS, then yes I'd get upset about it because it's crap (and Wii/DS is basically totally unusable), but this isn't bad. It's the same as on Wii U, just with a number instead of a username. Plus there are other options too.

It most defiantly is when the President and COO of Nintendo of America said friend codes would not be a thing on the Switch.

Why did he say that. There is no defense possible once the president of the company says one thing and then the company do something different.

With the the Wii U Reggie claimed third party games at launch would look and perform best on the wii u.

Does this guy never get tired of lying?

We know Reggie lies... businesses lie. Its hardly surprising.

[tweet]837294748830314498[/tweet]

Nice!!! Good to know.

3l3XTag.png

This is what I was waiting to know.

Edited by liger05

Nice!!! Good to know.

Indeed. I'm still getting a second one (for multiplayer testing), but that is fantastic.

Shame the pound is so shit these days.

Would of made some great savings buying from the US and Japanese stores.

Nice!!! Good to know.

3l3XTag.png

She also confirmed that her UK account could be used to play downloaded JPN games and that DLC has to match the region of the game (so UK BOTW can't use JPN DLC for example). So it's just like how it is on PS4.

UK debit cards also seem to work on the US and JPN stores with no issues.

Great to hear! No BS, no fuss. No 50hz VC games for me! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Well my shopto switch is coming.... Nintendo have let me down on their switch and zelda

C56w61-VAAA-Q3T.jpg:large

You can change an account's region without restrictions, but you can't do so until that account has zero balance remaining in its wallet.

So if you just want to have one account, you can do so.

Left Joycon issue reported to still persist after the recently issued patch.

Tomorrow is going to be a huge test to see just how prevalent this issue is. Could be a small number, could be a flaw in the design, good thing the hybrid nature of the console means you don't have to recall the entire unit if the issue is the latter.

EDIT: Some people are reporting that it's been somewhat improved so looks like this is still up in the air!

Edited by Debug Mode

3l3XTag.png

This is great news!

In other great news, I just got confirmation that my Switch is ready for pick up tomorrow at 10AM, and at a 20% discount! Tomorrow is shaping up to be a really, really good day. Time to swap friend codes...

C56w61-VAAA-Q3T.jpg:large

You can change an account's region without restrictions, but you can't do so until that account has zero balance remaining in its wallet.

So if you just want to have one account, you can do so.

That's pretty cool if you just want the one account.

@Shorty

I believe Game in town has still some copies left of Zelda and possibly the Switch. May be worth enquiring and going to the midnight launch?

My money has been earmarked from my account but at this late stage my order status is still 'unshipped'..

I'm starting to get the feeling I may not even have the Switch this weekend :hmm:

I'm also getting a bit concerned by the posts on GAF. My order says "Standard Delivery" so I'm not sure how they were able to guarantee me launch day delivery earlier this week..

Just rang my cc company and checked, the payment is queued and nothing is holding it up, so thats a relief! Just want that magical word to appear on NUK now....

@Shorty

I believe Game in town has still some copies left of Zelda and possibly the Switch. May be worth enquiring and going to the midnight launch?

Hmmm, nah :p Would rather never have the console than give GAME a penny.

Edited by Shorty

Looks like NUK orders are shipping out

mine has and says it's arriving tomorrow. Just the Switch and the Pro Controller though, not Zelda :blank: