NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I have a feeling that some Zelda orders are not going to turn up. It's showing as out of stock on ShopTo's website which suggests hey haven't had any stock outside of preorder allocation. But what if they haven't had enough to fulfil all preorders?

Hope that doesn't delay the console being shipped if part of the order is out of stock.

I have a feeling that some Zelda orders are not going to turn up. It's showing as out of stock on ShopTo's website which suggests hey haven't had any stock outside of preorder allocation. But what if they haven't had enough to fulfil all preorders?

Hope that doesn't delay the console being shipped if part of the order is out of stock.

When I preordered from Game in store they said they only had enough copies of Zelda to fulfil preorders. Which I didn't do so if I can't get a copy in Tesco at midnight I face the very realistic prospect of not getting it any time soon.

Thanks for the SD card btw

When I preordered from Game in store they said they only had enough copies of Zelda to fulfil preorders. Which I didn't do so if I can't get a copy in Tesco at midnight I face the very realistic prospect of not getting it any time soon.

Thanks for the SD card btw

If you're still in need of a copy of the game Argos is always a good bet at console launches. Just take a look at their site early tomorrow morning and you may be able to grab a copy via click and collect.

Has anyone else's ShopTo Switch not dispatched yet?

All my other items that I ordered separately have but my console, Zelda and Pro Controller are all still processing. :hmm:

Mines still processing but Shopto sent a message out saying they will dispatch today (the tracking will be 'live' this evening).

Starting to get ANXIOUS LADS.

Maybe I could channel this into doing some work instead of checking in here every 10 minutes.

Day might go quicker!

Excitement building.

Mines still processing but Shopto sent a message out saying they will dispatch today (the tracking will be 'live' this evening).

Same, pretty confident ShopTo will deliver my Switch tomorrow but unlikely to be early it would seem.

Ordered Zelda from Amazon, not used them for a pre-order before. The race is on whether that will arrive before or after the console.

Still waiting for my Amazon order to ship...

Come on guys! don't let me down here!

E-mail from Nintendo: 'Payment Problem: One or more of your items is now ready to dispatch, however there has been a problem processing the payment for your order...".

I login to the website, there is no way to change my payment method on the order that I can see. I am concerned. I login to my bank account to see if I can push the payment through, can't see anything online. I decide to phone HSBC but because I haven't called them in so long, I can't remember what my security code is so I'm locked out. Thankfully a 'Resolve' button shows up on my order on the Nintendo website, I click it hoping it gives me an option to switch to PayPal, but all that it lets me do is put my card details in again. I only have one card so if this doesn't work I'm going to be stuck until the very busy Nintendo support team can get back to me about the order, by which time it will probably be too late to get it on launch. It's currently processing and i'm checking my bank account every couple of minutes to see if £400 has finally gone out. Never have I wanted money to leave my account more than at this moment. Christ this is stressful.

I think it takes about 30 minutes for the system to update, so hopefully at 1am i'll know if the payment has gone through and can try to sort out a contingency if it hasn't.

I had the same thing, and a text off my bank at 1 am asking if it was me trying to purchase from Nintendo

Updated my details at 6:40am this morning and its still now on processing....very tempted to cancel the order if they can't guarantee delivery and try John Lewis

Starting to get ANXIOUS LADS.

Maybe I could channel this into doing some work instead of checking in here every 10 minutes.

Day might go quicker!

Excitement building.
Well, where dem bloody gifs at?

Does this smiley cut it? -->:bouncy:

I hope the day 1 patch does sort it out, or if not, that one comes soon!

[tweet]837218260470939649[/tweet]

My NUK order is "Awaiting Dispatch". Kinda tempted to follow @Serebii's example and have one at midnight tonight instead though :p

For those still after a Switch or are thinking of changing their orders, Shopto has both Grey and Neon consoles in stock and ready for dispatch.

Just noticed my Nintendo Switch order with Nintendo says estimated dispatch 3/3.. anyone else have this?

I should also say I was guaranteed launch day delivery when I checked on Live Chat, but that doesn't hold much weight with me.

It's said that all along @Dyson and I ordered minutes after it being available. Mine's just changed status this morning though, I'm fairly certain they will ship it by DPD soon.

I might ask work if I can have a flexible lunch break tomorrow, basically take it as soon as the Switch arrives :p

The Switch Parental Controls app is out now on iOS and Android.

Considering that this app includes the Activity Log, some of you might be interested in getting it.

Edit: Here's a direct link to the iOS listing

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1190074407

Edited by Dcubed

The Switch Parental Controls app is out now on iOS and Android.

Considering that this app includes the Activity Log, some of you might be interested in getting it.

Thanks. Doesn't come up in the iOS search or on the Nintendo apps list, much be not set to promote yet, but got it via iTunes. You need the Switch to set it up so all ready for tomorrow. The general activity log will be useful to track overall time spent on each game, assuming it does that for adult accounts too.

I'd like to think we'll get dispatch and delivery on the 3rd if nothing else, HAS to be launch day from the official store!

Money has been earmarked in my account anyhow, and from Amazon for my case and joy con charging grip, not too concerned when they arrive though...

I had the same thing, and a text off my bank at 1 am asking if it was me trying to purchase from Nintendo

Updated my details at 6:40am this morning and its still now on processing....very tempted to cancel the order if they can't guarantee delivery and try John Lewis

It's worth calling your bank, I'm on the phone with HSBC at the moment trying to sort it out and apparently they flagged up the purchase as fraudulent. Morons. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

EDIT: They have reset my card, but that means the second attempt to take payment was also declined so I need to wait for the Nintendo site to reset it and input my details again. Such a hassle and HSBC are so inconsistent. They let me transfer £2000 to my university no problem, but suddenly get suspicious when I try to buy from somewhere I've bought from before, absolute morons. If this means I don't get it on launch day I will be very disappointed.

Edited by killthenet

It's worth calling your bank, I'm on the phone with HSBC at the moment trying to sort it out and apparently they flagged up the purchase as fraudulent. Morons. Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

EDIT: They have reset my card, but that means the second attempt to take payment was also declined so I need to wait for the Nintendo site to reset it and input my details again. Such a hassle and HSBC are so inconsistent. They let me transfer £2000 to my university no problem, but suddenly get suspicious when I try to buy from somewhere I've bought from before, absolute morons. If this means I don't get it on launch day I will be very disappointed.

Mine is Lloyds, but the same thing has occurred effectively, i'm just waiting to see if Nintendo actually try again, its been three hours since payment was updated and they haven't tried again.

Live chat isn't working, emails have a 48 hour answer time, tempted to just sod them off and go to John Lewis' or Shopto now

I'm currently on "Awaiting Dispatch" but I'm not anticipating any problems, hopefully.

Meanwhile on ShopTo... shipped!

What a pain. I'd rather they attempted payment sooner to allow more time to fix this sort of thing. On ShopTo you can voluntarily pay early, which I did just to make sure it went through.

HSBC are useless, they de-activated Internet Banking on one of my business accounts without asking, told me the account was closed when it wasn't, but that I'd need to re-apply for internet banking (is there any other type now?!?!?!) and take the application to my local branch (which is not in my town, and they are shutting down that branch soon) - so I closed the account instead! It is not the first time HSBC have been completely incompetent in my dealings with them.

Email from ShopTo:

Your Shopto order is due for delivery on Friday 3rd March

On the morning of Friday 3rd March you'll receive a 1 hour delivery time slot and you'll be able to live track your order on its way to you. Please ensure that someone is available to sign for your delivery.

Good that they tell you a slot to avoid waiting around all day.

By the way, I ordered a game from Nintendo this week and in the Royal Mail delivery email it said it was from The Hut Group which was a little strange, I expected Nintendo to send everything themselves.

Edited by Space

Mine is Lloyds, but the same thing has occurred effectively, i'm just waiting to see if Nintendo actually try again, its been three hours since payment was updated and they haven't tried again.

Live chat isn't working, emails have a 48 hour answer time, tempted to just sod them off and go to John Lewis' or Shopto now

i am in the same boat with the same bank, but my second attempt also failed because I put in the wrong expiry date - that was at 09:15.

Gave up and cancelled the order - went with Amazon that are promising delivery on the 4th. :hmm:

Nintendo UK's store customer contact facilities are dire.